Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2009   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My thoughts on the game.

Included this with whatever thread it needs to be in.

Could the script this week been any better? Monday morning, everyone was talking about how The Texans were soft. Noone was showing any heart, coaches looked like they didn't know what they were doing, Schaub was being dissed for Colt McCoy, the offensive line was getting pimp slapped and basically we figured this team had no fight in them.

1st Quarter against The Titans and we are thinking the same thing. The defense was giving up 91yd TDs to running backs, and any big play possible, we couldn't move the ball on offense. Then all of a sudden as soon as you threw that anchor tied to your foot off the top of Reliant, The Texans started throwing TDs.

Everything that was questioned - their toughness, their ability, their talent- all began to start showing. Then the fight breaks out and you start thinking "Cool, we aren't backing down! If we lose, we can hang our hat on that!" Instead what seemed to have happened was the team woke up or like many others requested them to do - Pulled their head out of their rear ends.

But The Texans didn't just stand up for themselves, or wake up. Dare I say, they became a team and for once we saw The Texans play cool under the tension that was building in this game. Dare I more to say - They matured!!!
This is what winning teams do. The running game is not working, adjust. The defense is giving up big plays, adjust. Tennessee is playing bully again, adjust. Win the game.

This is quite possibly the biggest win in our franchise history. This is bigger than beating Dallas, it was beating Bud. It was bigger than the two games that gave us 8-8. It was a sign of life and fight that we've been waiting 8 years to see. People will say it was our Super Bowl. You know what, they were right. We've talked about being a playoff team and playoff teams win this game. That was on the line today and we came through.

Players like Matt Schaub engraved themselves as the leader of this team. As Matt and Andre went, so did The Texans. Matt, welcome to your new role as Titan killer.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My thoughts on the game.

Anyone agree?
Old 09-20-2009   #3
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Anyone agree?
Well, I'd like to agree, but something deep down inside says ...... not yet ......
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

I hear you. I think we gotta keep calling them soft.
Old 09-20-2009   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem that I have with the write up is that it's a little inaccurate. We did not give up the 91 yarder in the first quarter. We gave that one up with 10:06 in the third.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200909...ost-playbyplay

The other two big TDs by Chris Johnson were both in the first quarter.

This was a great game but whatever. It's just one game. We still have Gary Kubiak at the reins and I'm not liking our chances down the road. The Texans absolutely have to take this team to the playoffs before I can even think about relaxing for a second. I demand that the Texans come back next Sunday and give Jacksonville an atomic wedgie. That's what I want right now. Jacksonville may be 0-2 but I could care less about that. I expect a win. Nothing less. Unfortunately because I expect demand a win... I don't expect much in return. Kubiak's got a long way to go before I can sit here and say... so what... We'll get 'em next week. None of that koolaid for me. I'm sick of koolaid.

Shut up and put up, Texans.
Old 09-20-2009   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

ive always beleived in this team to

- Winning at the last second aganist miami
-To Schaubs first game back in greenbay after 4 turnovers and win
-TO the titans game last year
-To being down like 12 aganist the bears and coming back within 2 mins

and even in 07 Matts first year hes always down pretty well aganist the titans

the Jets game didnt sway my feelings well just a little

But since the Jets shut out Tom brady to Zero TD iam thinking yea our lost last wk was kinda justified LOL
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
But since the Jets shut out Tom brady to Zero TD iam thinking yea our lost last wk was kinda justified LOL
Justified?? You have small aspirations if you really believe that. This team is so much better than allowing a rookie HC and a rookie QB to just flat out pasteurize us at home in the opener.

I'll justify a loss if it's the sort of game that I call a squeaker which is basically anybody's ballgame as the clock ticks down. A 24-7 demolition isn't justifiable in my eyes. I expect a football war fought to the end. No slaughters allowed.
Old 09-21-2009   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 56442 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems to me their defense is extremely soft. Wait, what's beyond soft because 455.5 yards per game is an insult to soft. So is 11 of 17 conversions (65%) on 3rd and 7 or more.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read