Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I guess I'm not a "real fan"

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
Color me jaded.

For once, the Texans were not on the short end of the luck stick. They got lucky that the officials sided with us on Jacoby's muffed punt. We got lucky that that Collins coughed it up in the end.

The entire 4th quarter I kept muttering, "You just watch, they'll figure out some way to lose it".

The wife say's "well, you must not be a real fan of the Texans".

"I am a fan, darlin"

"Then why are you so negative?"

(sigh) :rolleyes:

mattieuk

All Pro
Color me jaded.

For once, the Texans were not on the short end of the luck stick. They got lucky that the officials sided with us on Jacoby's muffed punt. We got lucky that that Collins coughed it up in the end.

The entire 4th quarter I kept muttering, "You just watch, they'll figure out some way to lose it".

"I am a fan, darlin"

You need to spend some time explaining the wonders of reverse-jynxing!

Always works wonders.

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
Color me jaded.

"I am a fan, darlin"

They didn't get lucky that the refs called it like that, the Texans got lucky that the Titan player caught it in the air. There were three Titan players at the ball. The call was right, but it would have been Tennessee ball if he would of just let the ball drop.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Color me jaded.

"I am a fan, darlin"

First, I'll say that you know your team.

Secondly, I wouldn't call it luck. Amobi forced Collins to act like Vince Young. That's what the defense is supposed to do. Make them do something they don't want to do.

If we can keep doing that, on a more consistant basis, we win.

euro-Texan

Rookie
If anything I think we got the short end quite a few times. It seems like everytime the refs called a penalty against them we had already made the yards to decline the penalty, and everytime they made a huge play the holding penalties were not called. And there were a few obvious ones. Our D did play like crap for a lot of the game. At least the offense carried the load

Maddict5

Hall of Fame
not every win is going to be a well played, mistake-free performance. the texans won a game theyd usually lose because they kept fighting. enjoy it

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Marcus, you're a real fan. As a Houston sprts fan, we're conditioned to expect the worst. Hell, I predicted CJ's 90 yard TD run in the gameday thread.

That doesn't mean you're not entitled to enjoy this win. Let it in. Let that warm glow surround you. This is good.

I thought Jeff Fisher made some very questionable decisions. I thought the Texans got some huge breaks from the zebras. But, that's not important. That the Texans never quit, that they played with heart & talent, that's what's important.

So come on in and join me in the Sunshine Club. It's warm in here.

On that last huge run by Chris Johnson I lost it completely, never been so pissed in my life. I'm glad I didn't break something or hurt myself. I'm going to look at the game tape and try to work on that temper next game.

CTWade

Quack Attack
The Texans play their heart out and win the biggest rollercoaster of a game in their history and you come to the forum to talk about luck?

Man, go outside, get a fresh of breath air, and enjoy a little sunshine. You don't get to enjoy huge wins like this every week.

Maddict5

Hall of Fame
The Texans play their heart out and win the biggest rollercoaster of a game in their history and you come to the forum to talk about luck?

Man, go outside, get a fresh of breath air, and enjoy a little sunshine. You don't get to enjoy huge wins like this every week.
reminds me of the 'manufactured excitement' thread last yr

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
Marcus, you're a real fan. As a Houston sprts fan, we're conditioned to expect the worst. Hell, I predicted CJ's 90 yard TD run in the gameday thread.

That doesn't mean you're not entitled to enjoy this win. Let it in. Let that warm glow surround you. This is good.

I thought Jeff Fisher made some very questionable decisions. I thought the Texans got some huge breaks from the zebras. But, that's not important. That the Texans never quit, that they played with heart & talent, that's what's important.

So come on in and join me in the Sunshine Club. It's warm in here.

In a way, I'm deliriously happy, Lucky. They managed to figure out a way to win it despite the incredible errors. Someone mentioned reverse-jinxing, that could be true to be honest.

Who knows, this game could very well be . . . . (nope, not going there) :)