Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2009   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I guess I'm not a "real fan"

Color me jaded.

For once, the Texans were not on the short end of the luck stick. They got lucky that the officials sided with us on Jacoby's muffed punt. We got lucky that that Collins coughed it up in the end.

The entire 4th quarter I kept muttering, "You just watch, they'll figure out some way to lose it".

The wife say's "well, you must not be a real fan of the Texans".

"I am a fan, darlin"

"Then why are you so negative?"

(sigh)
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I guess I'm not a "real fan"

Yep, because pre-season was the measuring stick right?
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #3
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 31960 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Color me jaded.

For once, the Texans were not on the short end of the luck stick. They got lucky that the officials sided with us on Jacoby's muffed punt. We got lucky that that Collins coughed it up in the end.

The entire 4th quarter I kept muttering, "You just watch, they'll figure out some way to lose it".

"I am a fan, darlin"

(sigh)
You need to spend some time explaining the wonders of reverse-jynxing!

Always works wonders.
Old 09-20-2009   #4
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Color me jaded.

"I am a fan, darlin"

(sigh)
They didn't get lucky that the refs called it like that, the Texans got lucky that the Titan player caught it in the air. There were three Titan players at the ball. The call was right, but it would have been Tennessee ball if he would of just let the ball drop.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Color me jaded.

"I am a fan, darlin"

(sigh)
First, I'll say that you know your team.

Secondly, I wouldn't call it luck. Amobi forced Collins to act like Vince Young. That's what the defense is supposed to do. Make them do something they don't want to do.

If we can keep doing that, on a more consistant basis, we win.
Old 09-20-2009   #6
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Christ not again. Another, "we got lucky" thread after a win over the Titans???
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #7
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If anything I think we got the short end quite a few times. It seems like everytime the refs called a penalty against them we had already made the yards to decline the penalty, and everytime they made a huge play the holding penalties were not called. And there were a few obvious ones. Our D did play like crap for a lot of the game. At least the offense carried the load
Old 09-20-2009   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

not every win is going to be a well played, mistake-free performance. the texans won a game theyd usually lose because they kept fighting. enjoy it
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #9
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

marcus, you keep a level head. sometimes you just gotta let it go.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Marcus, you're a real fan. As a Houston sprts fan, we're conditioned to expect the worst. Hell, I predicted CJ's 90 yard TD run in the gameday thread.

That doesn't mean you're not entitled to enjoy this win. Let it in. Let that warm glow surround you. This is good.

I thought Jeff Fisher made some very questionable decisions. I thought the Texans got some huge breaks from the zebras. But, that's not important. That the Texans never quit, that they played with heart & talent, that's what's important.

So come on in and join me in the Sunshine Club. It's warm in here.

Old 09-20-2009   #11
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

semi lame attempt at deflecting 1st game negativity, but you're still welcome to wallow in the win.
Old 09-20-2009   #12
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

On that last huge run by Chris Johnson I lost it completely, never been so pissed in my life. I'm glad I didn't break something or hurt myself. I'm going to look at the game tape and try to work on that temper next game.
Old 09-20-2009   #13
CTWade
Quack Attack

Rep Power: 14 CTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden cover

The Texans play their heart out and win the biggest rollercoaster of a game in their history and you come to the forum to talk about luck?

Man, go outside, get a fresh of breath air, and enjoy a little sunshine. You don't get to enjoy huge wins like this every week.
CTWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #14
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTWade View Post
The Texans play their heart out and win the biggest rollercoaster of a game in their history and you come to the forum to talk about luck?

Man, go outside, get a fresh of breath air, and enjoy a little sunshine. You don't get to enjoy huge wins like this every week.
reminds me of the 'manufactured excitement' thread last yr
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #15
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Marcus, you're a real fan. As a Houston sprts fan, we're conditioned to expect the worst. Hell, I predicted CJ's 90 yard TD run in the gameday thread.

That doesn't mean you're not entitled to enjoy this win. Let it in. Let that warm glow surround you. This is good.

I thought Jeff Fisher made some very questionable decisions. I thought the Texans got some huge breaks from the zebras. But, that's not important. That the Texans never quit, that they played with heart & talent, that's what's important.

So come on in and join me in the Sunshine Club. It's warm in here.

In a way, I'm deliriously happy, Lucky. They managed to figure out a way to win it despite the incredible errors. Someone mentioned reverse-jinxing, that could be true to be honest.

Who knows, this game could very well be . . . . (nope, not going there)
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read