Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2009   #1
Dimitri_0515
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I told you so!

I told you the Texans are a good football team... Just not as good as the Jets
Dimitri_0515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 219370 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I told you so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
Congrats on taking out the Patriots.

I, for one, am feeling a li'l bit better about my team.

Good luck the rest of the way.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #3
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Congrats on taking out the Patriots.

I, for one, am feeling a li'l bit better about my team.

Good luck the rest of the way.
Pencil neck,

I think you are allowed to lose the Jet's avatar now, if you feel like it. Or maybe that is your new permanent avatar. There is no accounting for taste.

MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #4
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks Dmitri.

The Jet's appear to have won an epic victory over their arch-rivals, the New England Patriots. Very impressive.

And I understand the Jets get the Titans at home next week. It is a small world. The Jet's need to be ready next Sunday, as the Titans are going to be pissed after losing at home to the Texan's.

The Jet's are shaping up into a very good football team.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #5
CTWade
Quack Attack

Rep Power: 14 CTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden cover

Sometimes the outside perspective sees the clearest. Hope to see ya in the playoffs, Dimitri.
CTWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jets would have made the play-offs last year if not for the QB's meltdown late in the season!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am VERY happy with the win, but the ball did bounce their way ALOT in this game.. (3 fumbles and a muffed punt called back on a technicality)

Having said that, we made a TON of mental mistakes and were still able to overcome them and get a win......that's a sign of a team that has ALOT of talent (which I think we do), which has the potential to become a very good team. So right now, I'll say we're a very talented team with alot of potential to get better as the season goes on. I'd hold off on calling us anymore than that until they can pair that talent with smart play and execution week in and week out. I really do think if we can clean up mental mistakes (mostly), we might actually make some noise afterall......if we find a running game (almost forgot about that.)

On the flip side though, I think we exposed the Titans.....they aren't what they were last year and aren't a good team. Good teams don't get that many breaks and then lose at home, so take that Titans LOL....
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2009   #8
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are we talking about the Jets....I mean Sanchez is just riding on adrenaline and he will come back down to earth. Hopefully they beat the hell out of the Titans though.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #9
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
On the flip side though, I think we exposed the Titans.....they aren't what they were last year and aren't a good team. Good teams don't get that many breaks and then lose at home, so take that Titans LOL....
You are way off, the Titans totally don't miss Albert and are the same team as last year.

Please beat the crap out of em next week Dimitri.

Last edited by Jackie Chiles; 09-20-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Jackie Chiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #10
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Jets play the Titans next! I think we will all be rooting for you guys next sunday!
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #11
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the Jets dont just win bt they break the Tacks spirit a well. They have shown the ability to do that.
Old 09-20-2009   #12
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks, Dimitri! I still can't believe we pulled off this win - I am in SHOCK.

Now would you puuullleeze whip up on the Titans next week ??? To see them start their season 0-3 would be sooooooo sweet!
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

J-E-T-S J-E-T-S J-E-T-S

Jets-Jets-Jets
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #14
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jets look damn good.
Old 09-21-2009   #15
Dimitri_0515
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans4mario View Post
why are we talking about the jets....i mean sanchez is just riding on adrenaline and he will come back down to earth. Hopefully they beat the hell out of the titans though.
gfy
Dimitri_0515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #16
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 875 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

You can count on me being a Jets fan next week!!! GO JETS!!!
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I am VERY happy with the win, but the ball did bounce their way ALOT in this game.. (3 fumbles and a muffed punt called back on a technicality)

Having said that, we made a TON of mental mistakes and were still able to overcome them and get a win......that's a sign of a team that has ALOT of talent (which I think we do), which has the potential to become a very good team. So right now, I'll say we're a very talented team with alot of potential to get better as the season goes on. I'd hold off on calling us anymore than that until they can pair that talent with smart play and execution week in and week out. I really do think if we can clean up mental mistakes (mostly), we might actually make some noise afterall......if we find a running game (almost forgot about that.)

Quote:
(on how big this win is) "It counts as one. We're a one-and-one football team. We're a .500 team that is very inconsistent and we got some many things to fix to be competitive week in and week out. We feel good about winning today but we have a long, long way to go."
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=5588
Old 09-21-2009   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like this part.

Kubiak:
(on what was said in the locker room to create a big cheer) "I don't know what I said. I gave Bruce Matthews the (game) ball. To be honest with you, that's probably when you heard the roar. I told him welcome to our side. That's probably when you heard the roar."
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #19
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 25465 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
Pencil neck,

I think you are allowed to lose the Jet's avatar now, if you feel like it. Or maybe that is your new permanent avatar. There is no accounting for taste...
I think he's one that is keeping it (or it was mentioned anyway) for karma's sake.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read