Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2009   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150820 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Amobi looking good.

I'm not a fan, but I'll give him credit, when it's due. He's been looking good this game. Lots of energy, lots of power.

1st possesion of the second half, Collins throws a duck, because Amobi pushed the Center in his face. He even elevates in an attempt to knock the ball down. Collins can't step up, and he has to get the ball up over Amobi.

Mario comes in, and hits Collins as the ball is thrown. That's what the commentators focus on, but Amobi made that happen.
Old 09-20-2009   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150820 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Amobi looking good.

3 & out. We come out of half time, and force a 3 and out.

Good job Defense.
Old 09-20-2009   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Amobi gets great penetration, causes Collins to scramble, he drops the ball.

There's a holding Penalty against the guy that Amobi beat. It's declined, Zgonina recovered the fumble.

This will not get on Amobi's stat sheet. But he's having a very good game. Well, I don't know about Very Good, but it's a little better than just good.

This is the play, that gives us the win.
Old 09-20-2009   #4
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, got to give that one to Okoye!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #5
Ckw

Amobi did look much much better. Hopefully, he keeps it up.
Old 09-20-2009   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

very encouraging.

Cushing looked great.

Mario is the rock & DeMeco is the closer
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Last week, during the worst game this team has played, Okoye quietly stepped up and became a true NFL starter. This week it actually shows. I know it probably sounds like I'm overexcited right now, but I bet next week he's a monster.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2009   #8
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Last week, during the worst game this team has played, Okoye quietly stepped up and became a true NFL starter. This week it actually shows. I know it probably sounds like I'm overexcited right now, but I bet next week he's a monster.
I guess I just didn't notice him last week. Do others think he looked good last week? He was VERY noticeable today.
Old 09-20-2009   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually thought he played well today too, but I will have to watch him on game replay to see how effective he was.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #10
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Well at least he's making a few plays a game. That scramble/fumble was off his advance through the pocket for sure, not that he caused the fumble but if he's pressuring the QB up the middle he's doing his part. I think he's in a little better position to make plays resting on run downs and giving it all on passing downs. It's not quite the status he's expected to have as a 1st rounder but I'll take contributions from DT wherever I can get 'em.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #11
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

He made some plays, but he's still got a long way to go with me...he was essentially the reason Johnson broke on that 90 something yarder. If fyou go back and watch it, he was either pushed, or elected to leave his gap, which opened it up for Johnson to get in the 2nd level.

He's making plays, now lets see him sting a couple of decent/good games together; then i'll get on the bandwagon.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #12
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1964 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
He made some plays, but he's still got a long way to go with me...he was essentially the reason Johnson broke on that 90 something yarder. If fyou go back and watch it, he was either pushed, or elected to leave his gap, which opened it up for Johnson to get in the 2nd level.

He's making plays, now lets see him sting a couple of decent/good games together; then i'll get on the bandwagon.
That and the two obvious holds on the peremiter.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #13
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I actually thought he played well today too, but I will have to watch him on game replay to see how effective he was.
watch him on the 91 yard TD run and then get back to me.... he sucks!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #14
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
he just let the guy push him 10 yards across the field. johnson ran right where Amobi was.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I guess I just didn't notice him last week. Do others think he looked good last week? He was VERY noticeable today.
The DL pretty much shut down the running game through 3 Qtrs last week. Even if you go back to the Saints pre-season game, the breakdown has been at the LB & Safety level.

On the big run plays last week, our starting DL wasn't even in the game.

They also chased Sanchez around quite a bit. Anytime you saw him outside the pocket, it wasn't by his choice. Someone chased him out. Sanchez was just too good, at making plays on the move. Who knew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
How many times was CJ stopped in the backfield?
Old 09-20-2009   #16
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Nah, Okoye still has a long way to go. Personally, I like Okam and Robinson combo up front.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Nah, Okoye still has a long way to go. Personally, I like Okam and Robinson combo up front.
I didn't know Robinson or Okam played a snap in todays game. I guess I'll have to keep a closer eye out for them.

Look, I'm not a big fan of Amobi Okoye. But the kid played a good game today. I don't know that he'll ever be a dominate force at his position, or that he's even one of the top 2 DTs on the team.

But he had a good day, and a lot of the things he did, you won't see on a stat sheet.
Old 09-21-2009   #18
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23128 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I didn't know Robinson or Okam played a snap in todays game. I guess I'll have to keep a closer eye out for them.

Look, I'm not a big fan of Amobi Okoye. But the kid played a good game today. I don't know that he'll ever be a dominate force at his position, or that he's even one of the top 2 DTs on the team.

But he had a good day, and a lot of the things he did, you won't see on a stat sheet.
I agree. Not only that, this is his 3rd year and this is when the jump is supposed to be made. The texans in general have some run fit problems. Okoye is a typical 3 tech and 1 gap penetrator. Asking him to do anything else and you're wasting his talents. He got some good pressure and it paid off. I wish more people would watch football away from the ball like you do.
Old 09-21-2009   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think Robinson had a penalty?
Old 09-21-2009   #20
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I think Robinson had a penalty?
Yup, hands to the face that got tenn of the goal line. 2 plays later cj for 91 yds
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read