Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2009   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Okay, It's halftime we fought our way back, what adjustments need to be made?

The million dollar question, we have all been talking about the lack of adjustments this coaching staff doesn not make. We have fought our way back, what do the coaches need to do keep this team successful in the 2nd half and get the W?

1. Defense can't fall asleep and give up the big play, keep Johnson in front of the D, put a spy on him hell do something.

2. Keep playing with the fire we have been playing with.

3. Protect Matt Schaub and keep him clean, he is on fire right now, keep OD and AJ heavily involved.

4. Be ready to counter Fisher's adjustments, he is a hell of a coach they will come out with a gameplan, we need to be ready.

5. More pressure from our DL, stunts and gains whatever it takes.

6. Look for Jacoby, he should be open with OD and AJ playing well.

What else? We need to stay a step ahead to seal the W.

Go Texans!
Old 09-20-2009   #2
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Okay, It's halftime we fought our way back, what adjustments need to be made?

Fire Bush on the spot.
That will wake up the D, LOL!
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Okay, It's halftime we fought our way back, what adjustments need to be made?

Stop beating the "Slow Slaton" drum and give the ball to Chris Brown.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #4
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Stop beating the "Slow Slaton" drum and give the ball to Chris Brown.
I just don't see it. All I have noticed is a lack of running room period. I wouldn't be opposed to giving Brown the ball a bit more, but I really don't think Slaton looks slower. He hasn't had any room to run.
Old 09-20-2009   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

On defense it looks like the pressure is getting to Collins a little bit. Maybe try to turn that up another notch. Keep Busing in.

On offense it looks like Matt Schaub wants to go to the playoffs. Let him wield the big stick, keep everyone involved catching the ball and they'll be fine. Slaton isn't looking effective.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #6
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's all the David Carr people? Matt Schaub 3 td's anyone?
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I just don't see it. All I have noticed is a lack of running room period. I wouldn't be opposed to giving Brown the ball a bit more, but I really don't think Slaton looks slower. He hasn't had any room to run.
Well, there is ball security issues, but I am not ready to give up on him, the running game has been just effective enough to keep the play action working and has opened up the passing game. That's how we got that big TD pass to AJ, Griffin bit on the play action.
Old 09-20-2009   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just like last week and preseason.......when Slaton is in the game, there's no holes and then Brown comes in and we get a physical running game going.

Slaton is slower, it's easy to see, he doesn't have the bust he had last season.
Old 09-20-2009   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Where's all the David Carr people? Matt Schaub 3 td's anyone?
I think they left 3-4 years ago. I haven't heard anybody call for Carr in years???
Old 09-20-2009   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

We need to get Bennet & Dunta off the field. The rest of the team seem to have improved quite a bit from last week. Bennet just doesn't seem to want to get into the game. He did make one nice, physical talent, but there were several plays, when it was his to make, and he didn't want any part of it.

Dunta is not the Dunta of old. He had at least three oportunities to show us he was back, and he straight up missed/whiffed on the tackle.

We need to stop running the ball on 1st down. Their still playing us for the run, we need to hit them with Play Action on another 1st down, to open up the running game.

Owen Daniels, Andre Johnson, keep feeding them the ball, Jacoby Jones, & Derrick Anderson, we need to keep them involved. Stop messing with Martinez, I like him, but one catch a half isn't going to get Jacoby & Anderson in the game. I might even throw Jacoby out there more often. He's been looking good all preseason.

I liked that play with Slaton out as a WR, and he being the #1 option. I don't know if I'll do it again this game, but I like what Shanahan is doing. This feels more Shanahan than last week did. Last week felt like Kubiak calling the offense. I like this "tempo" much better.

We still may lose the game, but at least we're trying to win. At least we're being aggressive on both sides of the ball, and trying to dictate and not adjust.
Old 09-20-2009   #11
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

WOW! Woulda, coulda shoulda, but.....IF we had not let that dumbassed 3 and 19 run for a TD in and/or that even more ridiculously dumbassed pass play with NO coverage and we are up on the tacks by alot at half!

Reality. We are tied and with the exception of those two big plays...I'm impressed I have to say. They are hitting the tacks in the damn mouth!! If we win this game, I think we can roll at home with the next two games against JAX and OAK and back on the playoff bus we go!!!

Let's see if we can avoid the typical 2nd half let down that the team seems to be prone to.

!st time in a while that I have been hoaaring at the screen.....in happiness!!!!

Just need to adjust to the runs and screens IMO from ten. especially on 3rd down.

GO TEXANS!! BEAT THE DANG TACKS!!!!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No mistake that Slaton has been slow & indecisive. The rest of the team has picked it up, and are the reason for what little gains he made today. We need him to play with the vision & decisiveness he showed in '08 to really open this offense up.

I agree Chris Brown needs to be in the game, if Slaton can't at least make a decision & go. He's giving up yards, and this is going to be a shoot-out.
Old 09-20-2009   #13
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Play Chris Brown.
DeMeco, you're the defensive captian, make sure everyone is on their assignment! That blown coverage is on you.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

We just can't put together a whole complete game, and our run defense is the worst I have ever seen.
Old 09-20-2009   #15
Ckw

Huge run by Chris Brown! Keep him in there...
Old 09-20-2009   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
We just can't put together a whole complete game, and our run defense is the worst I have ever seen.
IMHO, we're playing well, everyone doing what they're supposed to do. In all actuality, I'm seeing very few mistakes, but, this is at game speed. I need to slow it down to really see. But Chris Johnson is a fast MoFo.

Sometimes, you've got to give the other team credit.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read