Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2009   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I'm a Houston Texans fan - FML

That is all.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: I'm a Houston Texans fan - FML

i bet you feel like an ass for posting this now.
Old 09-20-2009   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know PD ... at the time of the posting we were doing some very stupid things.. how many teams give up that big of plays and win ?

I felt the same way at the time
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

dude.. we won.
Old 09-20-2009   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Texans made some incredibly stupid plays today, and it was very frustrating. But they did not tuck their tails, which is exactly the feeling I got last week. For as bad as last week's loss was, because of the way they played, today's win was that good because of the way they played.
Old 09-20-2009   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
dude.. we won.
well yes,, hindsight is very nice

at the time it was looking bleak

hell go to the game day thread and enjoy the roller coaster ride in that one
Old 09-20-2009   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i bet you feel like an ass for posting this now.
No, not really........infact I take full responsibility for our comeback, because the minute I clicked submit on this thread we immediately erased a two TD lead.....you can thank me later.

In all seriousness though.....I made this when I saw the worst defensive play in the history of the NFL (and a win didn't chance that play for what it was). I've never see a sadder display of intelligence on a football field on ANY level. While Chris Johnson is a VERY dangerous player, people are going to think he's alot better than he really is.......we also put him in the record books today.

Glad we got the win though.....It makes it easy to put that play behind me and pray that some how our coaches can fix those issues.
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2009   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

why so serious wolf?
Old 09-20-2009   #9
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I gotta give it to 'em. When Kubiak's back is against the wall, his
kids play hard for him. Same thing in Carolina '07, Cleveland '08,
and Green Bay '08. I suppose Bob will make the change, if the players
start tuning Kubes out. In the Capers regime, a loss like the one they had
against the Jets meant the season was OVER. All week long, every player TO A MAN,
had Kube's back on the radio.

Today, they put it out there for him on the field, and took another
step forward as a team. This is the first time the Texans have started
1-0 within the division. Here's to a more passionate team the rest
of the way.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #10
Ckw

This offense looked totally different today. Early in the game, it seemed we had the same game plan as last week. But of all things, we made an adjustment and started running more play action and passing on first down. Fascinating!
Old 09-20-2009   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
why so serious wolf?
sorry PD.. I haven't been able to calm down.. this no beer and the Texans have me pumped up

damn I need some beer, what a stupid bet I made with a coworker
Old 09-20-2009   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
damn I need some beer, what a stupid bet I made with a coworker
You have to fill me in.....what bet?
Old 09-20-2009   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

I bet a coworker that I would go without beer for a month... it is killing me

been drinking tea and the caffeine is keeping me hyped LOL
Old 09-20-2009   #14
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I bet a coworker that I would go without beer for a month... it is killing me

been drinking tea and the caffeine is keeping me hyped LOL
I've heard of worse bets.

How's Joker doing?
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #15
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew you guys would win. Would quote myself from my earlier post but 1. I'm too lazy to find it. and 2. I'm not a total douche
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
This offense looked totally different today. Early in the game, it seemed we had the same game plan as last week. But of all things, we made an adjustment and started running more play action and passing on first down. Fascinating!
Passing on first down what a novel concept. Using the pass to set up the run. Who da thunk it.

Throwing passes more than 10 yards down the field opens up the field?

WOW
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #17
steds
Veteran

Rep Power: 330 steds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respected

YES!!! YESYESYES! Was at a rugby league playoff game with my best mate, but got back to his flat in time to catch the last 4 minutes or so. So, so happy. I've never been this excited about a sporting result, and it's only week 2 of the regular season. Being a Texans fan for 4 years has changed my life. Pathetic but true.
steds is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read