Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2009   #1
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 5477 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Defense

Is it really that hard to have a decent defense? Maybe Frank Bush isn't up to the job.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #2
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Defense

Apparently it is, at least for the Texans.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

It's hard to coach players that are mentally soft.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #4
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Soft and dumb.

The coaches aren't much better. I'm pretty sure they are allowed to notice an uncovered player and call a time out.
Old 09-20-2009   #5
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 5477 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't Dunta R. say that he's glad to finally have a D-coordinator worth playing for? Or something to that effect? Gee, I'm glad that's the case. I guess it'd be about 42-7 now if Smith was still here.
Old 09-20-2009   #6
tedr
Veteran

Maybe a decent defense is overrated...we'll just beat everyone 56-49.
Old 09-20-2009   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

On the plus side Cushing is st arting to look like an animal!!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2009   #8
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

It is really hard to be a Texans fan with the crap our coaching staff puts on the field.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 87746 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one helluva way to keep your D from getting tired. At this rate, they'll be well rested for the 4th quarter of next weeks game.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #10
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Soft and dumb. Soft and dumb.
Old 09-20-2009   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Way to have your guys prepared Frank.

C.Johnson may wear out by the 4th qtr.

Considering how much running he has been doing in the first 3 qtrs.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm amazed that no one can see what Frank Bush is doing. The numbers don't look great, but we've got guys flying to the ball, and each individual player is being held accountable for his job. They're playing fast, & they're playing aggressive. Playing this style of defense, you're going to get burned every now & then.

But I think you can clearly see once these mental errors get out of the way, we're going to have a fierce defense.

I'm re-watching the game now, & I swear I've never seen so many Texans defensive players play in the back field so often.
Demeco Ryans is our veteran at LB. He's going into his 4th season. Zac Diles, who looked great is only in his second year, & our SAM is a rookie who missed most of training camp.

I just watched a play, with about 9 minutes left to go in the 2nd Qtr. The Titans run a screen to CJ. Johnson catches the ball, turns up field, runs 7 yards..... & Cush tackles him for no gain. That's how far behind the LOS we're playing.

To me, this defense will be clicking by the time we go to Arizona.
Old 09-24-2009   #13
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

If we had a big run stuffing DT, and a playmaker at S this D would be legit. Until we get those pieces, we are only going to see flashes of a good/great D.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #14
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the product on the field sucks. I think there have been plays that have sucked, and sucked bad, but the defense as a whole looks much better than it has in the past. We still have holes to fill, to which I like that the FO is trying to fill as late as today. Thunderkiss was right, we are causing more havoc behind the LOS than I have ever seen in years past. Mental errors can be fixed, if the player can't fix the mental errors, we've seen that player get pulled. With the injuries/holdouts that we have had in the secondary, the coaches have been limited in what they can put out there. This will be Wilson's second game back, and Dunta's third preseason game. The other side of the field...well, we will see what game number three presents, and what personell is on the field. Sack totals don't tell the whole story, and it's only been two games.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #15
Texans#1Fan
Rookie

I have always said we needed a big or aggressive safety. Why can't they stop the run right now? I like the intensity! But, Mario cannot do it by himself. For Dunta Robinson you need to keep your big mouth shut and do your job!! You are very selfish and don't care about your team mates except your money. Why should we pay you the money when we have not even made it to the playoffs. You show me you are worth the money then we will pay you!!! Cushing does look awesome, least him and casey was a great pick in this draft. Hey Dunta why don't you take some character education classes from Casey, least he plays for his team and the fans of houston and does not complain about the money situation.
Texans#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #16
Texans#1Fan
Rookie

What do you guys think about the safety Pollard that they signed? He looks like he could help the secondary.
Texans#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #17
Dimitri_0515
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respected

Listen, I've been waiting for the Jets D to come around for a couple decades now. Yea... it takes that long.
Dimitri_0515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Going by yardage, the Texans have the worst defense in the league, giving up 455.5 yards per game.

215 yards per game allowed on the ground. Worst run defense in the league.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 09-24-2009 at 10:32 PM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #19
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm amazed that no one can see what Frank Bush is doing. The numbers don't look great, but we've got guys flying to the ball, and each individual player is being held accountable for his job. They're playing fast, & they're playing aggressive. Playing this style of defense, you're going to get burned every now & then.

But I think you can clearly see once these mental errors get out of the way, we're going to have a fierce defense.

I'm re-watching the game now, & I swear I've never seen so many Texans defensive players play in the back field so often.
Demeco Ryans is our veteran at LB. He's going into his 4th season. Zac Diles, who looked great is only in his second year, & our SAM is a rookie who missed most of training camp.

I just watched a play, with about 9 minutes left to go in the 2nd Qtr. The Titans run a screen to CJ. Johnson catches the ball, turns up field, runs 7 yards..... & Cush tackles him for no gain. That's how far behind the LOS we're playing.

To me, this defense will be clicking by the time we go to Arizona.
These Texans fans are looking in the newspaper to rate the progress of
the Texans defense. I can honestly say that I've NEVER seen a Texans
defense force so many 3rd and VERY LONGS. Please use the 'sarcasm'
smiley when longing for the return of Richard Smith. During that chump's
reign as DC, our defense played every game on its heels, with a "don't
give up the big play" mentality. THAT, my friends, is SOFT. This defense
is learning how to force the offense to adjust to what WE are bringing.

I expect this shit to be cleaned up by the sixth week of the season. I
suggest you go to the main site and watch Bernard Pollard's interview.
If you can't see what Bush is cookin', get yo ass out of the kitchen and
go sit down. When this stew is ready, it's gonna taste HELLA GOOD.

This defense is smacking people in the mouth, and making QB's piss their
pants. Once they get comfortable in this scheme, it's gonna be VIOLENT.
Remember what the run game looked like at the start of last season.
Remember what the run game BECAME six weeks in. I see the same in
regards to the defense.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
These Texans fans are looking in the newspaper to rate the progress of
the Texans defense. I can honestly say that I've NEVER seen a Texans
defense force so many 3rd and VERY LONGS. Please use the 'sarcasm'
smiley when longing for the return of Richard Smith. During that chump's
reign as DC, our defense played every game on its heels, with a "don't
give up the big play" mentality. THAT, my friends, is SOFT. This defense
is learning how to force the offense to adjust to what WE are bringing.

I expect this shit to be cleaned up by the sixth week of the season. I
suggest you go to the main site and watch Bernard Pollard's interview.
If you can't see what Bush is cookin', get yo ass out of the kitchen and
go sit down. When this stew is ready, it's gonna taste HELLA GOOD.

This defense is smacking people in the mouth, and making QB's piss their
pants. Once they get comfortable in this scheme, it's gonna be VIOLENT.
Remember what the run game looked like at the start of last season.
Remember what the run game BECAME six weeks in. I see the same in
regards to the defense.
I see what you're saying but this looks alot like the SOS.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read