Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-20-2009   #1
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NYG vs Cowboys

Can the Giants do us all a favor please and beat the Cowboys on the opening of their new stadium? the morning shows have all touched on it, and NBC is going to give the thing so much attention, it kinda makes me nauseous. Even Pancakes is talking about it on the Texans pregame show!

It's a football stadium, not a shrine.

Play football and let this fluff go!
Old 09-20-2009   #2
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NYG vs Cowboys

I do recall a lot of fluff, imo all deserved, on Reliant's opening day including the win.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Cowboys!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default G-Men @ Cowgirls

And... go.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #5
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 26148 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: G-Men @ Cowgirls

go NY defense....
Old 09-20-2009   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerry Jones is the biggest prick.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Boys!!!Though we may have problems if the defense plays like it did last week. Right now they kind of are as Eli makes some throws
Old 09-20-2009   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw HWWDNSO on the sidelines...
Old 09-20-2009   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I must shake my head at non-football fans. My day was planned, I watched the Texans and part of the Steelers game. Made my phone calls on two stops I needed to make. One successful, the other no answer, so I leave a message that I will be out of pocket after 7:00. The latter had bought a new car that she wanted me to see and of course I wanted see, take a spin, etc., but before 7:00. Fast forward, Jordan Sparks is singing the National Anthem, and my doorbell rings. It's the new car lady. I rush out, walk around, ooh, aah, nice, then I say, let's set a time so I can take ride. She says, how about now. My immediate reaction was oh no you didn't, then trying not to be a kill joy, although my joy was certainly killed, I said ok. I took the two block ride and observed the gadgets and said that I can't wait until later in the week when we can really get on the road all with hand on the door handle. Let's forget about the Cowboys for a moment, just as a football fan of whatever your favorite team, how would you have handled a similar situation?
Old 09-20-2009   #10
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I must shake my head at non-football fans. My day was planned, I watched the Texans and part of the Steelers game. Made my phone calls on two stops I needed to make. One successful, the other no answer, so I leave a message that I will be out of pocket after 7:00. The latter had bought a new car that she wanted me to see and of course I wanted see, take a spin, etc., but before 7:00. Fast forward, Jordan Sparks is singing the National Anthem, and my doorbell rings. It's the new car lady. I rush out, walk around, ooh, aah, nice, then I say, let's set a time so I can take ride. She says, how about now. My immediate reaction was oh no you didn't, then trying not to be a kill joy, although my joy was certainly killed, I said ok. I took the two block ride and observed the gadgets and said that I can't wait until later in the week when we can really get on the road all with hand on the door handle. Let's forget about the Cowboys for a moment, just as a football fan of whatever your favorite team, how would you have handled a similar situation?
What doorbell?

Oh, Giants INT return for TD.
Old 09-20-2009   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on Romo...that was 3 bad passes straight and he finally paid on the last one
Old 09-20-2009   #12
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Big Blue!!! Romo just picked for a TD!!!
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #13
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

You handled it right, SS. True friends are around longer than a football game. Reverse it - how would you have felt wanting to share some good news and then your friend say "can it wait - the game is on" (of a team you don't care about).
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #14
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Reverse it - how would you have felt wanting to share some good news and then your friend say "can it wait - the game is on" (of a team you don't care about).
Honestly, I would understand. However, I see you point in going the extra mile for a friend.
Old 09-20-2009   #15
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your first mistake was answering the door.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #16
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Angry Re: NYG vs Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Your first mistake was answering the door.
My car was in the driveway and I reallly would have felt badly to ignore the bell, but.... why during the time football fans live for. Oh well I guess the timing isn't the worst of when distractions can happen.
Old 09-20-2009   #17
StarStruck
Site Contributor

horse collar. Ok, I will take a face mask
Old 09-20-2009   #18
Khari
Administrator

Rep Power: 26148 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My car was in the driveway and I reallly would have felt badly to ignore the bell, but.... why during the time football fans live for. Oh well I guess the timing isn't the worst of when distractions can happen.
my car's in the driveway all the time and I never answer my doorbell unless i know somebody is coming over...but then I'm a big meanie
Old 09-20-2009   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
SS you did the right thing..that's the beauty of a DVR though. You're a good friend.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #20
Khari
Administrator

lol...interception off the foot

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read