Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-19-2009   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Florida State whoops #8 BYU 54-28

Nuff said. Can't stop us.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Florida State whoops #8 BYU 54-28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I think FSU is alot better than people think....

Christian Ponder is a VERY good QB, I wouldn't be surprised if he lead the Noles to a victory over BYU.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=20

Well I had that as one of my upsets today, but even I didn't forsee the beat down they put on BYU tonight. I loved watching all the shocked and upset mormons though......just, because I knew they're also all Utah Jazz fans, LOL and anytime anybody sticks it to a Jazz fan....well that's a good thing.

If FSU can get their pass defense wrapped up and run the ball consistently, they could be a very dangerous team in the future......they have the best QB that nobody is talking about. Ponder is the real deal.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-20-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well I had that as one of my upsets today, but even I didn't forsee the beat down they put on BYU tonight. I loved watching all the shocked and upset mormons though......just, because I knew they're also all Utah Jazz fans, LOL and anytime anybody sticks it to a Jazz fan....well that's a good thing.

If FSU can get their pass defense wrapped up and run the ball consistently, they could be a very dangerous team in the future......they have the best QB that nobody is talking about. Ponder is the real deal.
The problem is that Micky Andrews has run a blitzing man coverage scheme for years, but college football has changed. Almost every team you play now runs some version of the spread, and you can't play man coverage most of the time. Mickey Andrews is most likely in his last year and he is being stubborn. He just simply won't play zone coverage.

I told my friends before this game that the key was playing zone and our front four getting pressure, but that's not what happened. Our offense just took it to them. Barely got stopped at all in the whole game, so it didn't matter what our defense did. BYU just couldn't keep pace.

Eventually, BYU was down by so much that they had to force things and our defense capitalized.

I'd suspect we'll be ranked at about 18.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 09-20-2009 at 02:14 AM.
Old 09-20-2009   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
unless it's a team from Florida, apparently. regardless of their talent.

USF is next, watch out
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
USF is next, watch out
except Matt Grothe is out for the season. damn...
Old 09-21-2009   #6
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
except Matt Grothe is out for the season. damn...
USF hasn't played anyone all season, and their QB is out. They are going to be stumbling in this game on Saturday. I'd suspect a 14+ point win for the Seminoles.
Old 09-21-2009   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87506 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

this..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2009   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
USF hasn't played anyone all season, and their QB is out. They are going to be stumbling in this game on Saturday. I'd suspect a 14+ point win for the Seminoles.
most likely. then against, Jax State...
Old 09-21-2009   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
most likely. then against, Jax State...
Jax state is actually not a bad team. They've got some good dlineman and they run a confusing 3-4 scheme. Not to mention Ryan Perriloux is their QB.

It was raining so hard during that FSU Jax State game and it took FSUs speed out of the game. Jax State is a well coached team, their coaches were calling some great plays. Their defensive coordinator knows how to get pressure from the 3-4.
Old 09-26-2009   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

holy crap. USF!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read