Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2009   #1
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Upset Alert: Texans over Titans

After last year's Texans win over the Titans in Houston, the Fake Oilers walked away from the game saying it was Texans' super bowl and they had bigger things to play for and other condescending excuses. After taking a 3-4 week vacation they went out and choked against the Ravens. In essence, the win over the Texans put them in a complacency cocoon that lasted well into their playoff loss.

The Titans' attitude towards the Texans is clearly one of disregard, they don't think we're worthy of beating them even when we do. The Titans saw film of what happened last week vs. the Jets, they saw the same team that they dominated last year week 2. If the Texans play their cards right they can get a jump on this team early as the Titans will be sleepwalking from the beginning. We need to get them in a passing mode. We all know Kerry Collins can't win games throwing it 40 times. I think our special teams can make a huge difference in this one as well. Our o-line knows the Titans d-line (unlike the Jets), they play a heavy rotation of about 8 guys, no one is going to surprise us. We HAVE to protect. If we can't protect we WILL lose this game. But if we do that I have no doubt we will win this game and upset the Titans. I'm looking for James Casey and Brian Cushing to have coming out parties. Casey will be a goal line secret weapon and Cushing will be in on tons of tackles early and it'll be up to our 3rd down defense, which was always a half a second from making a stop vs. the Jets, to do their part.

So thats my keys. If we protect and play dominant defense on 1st and 2nd down and put them in 3rd and longs, we will upset the Titans. I'm so convinced the Titans will take us lightly and we'll be handed an opportunity to jump on them. If we're a playoff team we'll make that jump.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #2
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School
Default Re: Upset Alert: Texans over Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
After last year's Texans win over the Titans in Houston, the Fake Oilers walked away from the game saying it was Texans' super bowl and they had bigger things to play for and other condescending excuses. After taking a 3-4 week vacation they went out and choked against the Ravens. In essence, the win over the Texans put them in a complacency cocoon that lasted well into their playoff loss.

The Titans' attitude towards the Texans is clearly one of disregard, they don't think we're worthy of beating them even when we do. The Titans saw film of what happened last week vs. the Jets, they saw the same team that they dominated last year week 2. If the Texans play their cards right they can get a jump on this team early as the Titans will be sleepwalking from the beginning. We need to get them in a passing mode. We all know Kerry Collins can't win games throwing it 40 times. I think our special teams can make a huge difference in this one as well. Our o-line knows the Titans d-line (unlike the Jets), they play a heavy rotation of about 8 guys, no one is going to surprise us. We HAVE to protect. If we can't protect we WILL lose this game. But if we do that I have no doubt we will win this game and upset the Titans. I'm looking for James Casey and Brian Cushing to have coming out parties. Casey will be a goal line secret weapon and Cushing will be in on tons of tackles early and it'll be up to our 3rd down defense, which was always a half a second from making a stop vs. the Jets, to do their part.

So thats my keys. If we protect and play dominant defense on 1st and 2nd down and put them in 3rd and longs, we will upset the Titans. I'm so convinced the Titans will take us lightly and we'll be handed an opportunity to jump on them. If we're a playoff team we'll make that jump.
No offense but how did that 3rd and long theory work out for us last week?
As far as the "Force Collins to beat us" school of thought... We have made lesser QB's look like Pro-Bowlers.
None of these ideas ever work for us unless we come out mean, nasty and actually want it more than the other team does. That is what I saw against the Tacks last year (2nd game) and the Bears. I haven't even glimpsed it this year.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
No offense but how did that 3rd and long theory work out for us last week?
As far as the "Force Collins to beat us" school of thought... We have made lesser QB's look like Pro-Bowlers.
None of these ideas ever work for us unless we come out mean, nasty and actually want it more than the other team does. That is what I saw against the Tacks last year (2nd game) and the Bears. I haven't even glimpsed it this year.
We got beat on third downs but we were this close to getting off the field on a lot of them. Cushing and Smith ran into each other when both had free shots on Sanchez. Dunta blew like 3 catches to Cotchery that if he had had a preseason under him might've had that game speed to make plays on the ball. The poor 3rd down defense was more frustrating than disheartening, we were getting pressure and getting up field we just didn't make the play. I really think Collins is a lesser QB than even Sanchez.
Old 09-19-2009   #4
Ckw

Old 09-19-2009   #5
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
yep. definitely.
but I ain't mad at him for it.

go ahead and be a watts.
someone has to

the koolade has worn off for some of us
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

The word upset doesn't even begin to describe the way people will feel if we lose this game.

F*%^!*^ pissed , would be more like it.

If we win it would be a big time upset victory though. I never say never, I just say hopefully in games like these.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I'll be at the game, so if we start losing, I'll probably spend at least fifty on beer. LOL
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2009   #8
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I'll be at the game, so if we start losing, I'll probably spend at least fifty on beer. LOL

I wanted to take my dad to that game but I was too short on funds to get there and cover tickets too. He lives close to knoxville. Have fun!
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
That's like three beers, right
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #10
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I wanted to take my dad to that game but I was too short on funds to get there and cover tickets too. He lives close to knoxville. Have fun!
Thanks. And it would probably be cheaper to drive.

Sure it takes 2 days to get there from Corpus, but I was already in New Orleans, so...
Old 09-19-2009   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
That's like three beers, right
I dunno. Maybe four if I'm lucky. LOL
Old 09-19-2009   #12
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Someone has to be with all the negativity around here right??
Old 09-19-2009   #13
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm wit ya man!
Old 09-19-2009   #14
Ckw

Quote:
Agreed. I was one of those someones for far too long though. I guess I am starting to have the same feeling about Kubiak that I finally had about David Carr. Needless to say, I don't like this feeling.
Old 09-19-2009   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. I was one of those someones for far too long though. I guess I am starting to have the same feeling about Kubiak that I finally had about David Carr. Needless to say, I don't like this feeling.
Be well my friend...all things shall pass
Old 09-20-2009   #16
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

I'll just say this...

BEAT THOSE DOUCHE INBRED DONKEY BLOWING TITANS

That is all.

Last edited by m5kwatts; 09-20-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-20-2009   #17
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go texans
Old 09-20-2009   #18
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
BEAT THOSE DOUCHE INBRED DONKEY BLOWING TITANS
'Bout says it all.

Now if you can get Howie Long to say that in the post game, I'll be impressed.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #19
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read