Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What flavor Kool-aide do the Texans need to pour to get the fan base excited again
Titan Blood - The total destruction of the Tacks and nothing less 18 36.73%
Fruit punch - Squeeking out a win no matter how ugly as long as we're not 0-2 27 55.10%
Sugar-free orange - Just compting in the game through 4 quarters win or lose 2 4.08%
Jonestown black licorace - After the way we were exposed there is no way we can contend 2 4.08%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2009   #1
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What needs to happen Sunday

Just a quick poll. After the terrible performance in our season opener I think we were all deflated to say the least. So what flavor Kool-aide will the Texans have to pour this Sunday to get the fanbase back in the saddle?
Old 09-19-2009   #2
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What needs to happen Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Just a quick poll. After the terrible performance in our season opener I think we were all deflated to say the least. So what flavor Kool-aide will the Texans have to pour this Sunday to get the fanbase back in the saddle?
We have to come out and meet the Titans blow for blow. Beat them on their own field by double digits. Then, us homers will say, "okay, so we came out flat against the Jets - this is who we reeeally are."

And a win up there will put them at the bottom of the division... possibly tied with the Jags at 0-2 (if Kurt Warner and that air attack gets back on track, I think the Jags lose) and places us only one game behind Indy (no way do they lose to Miami). That puts our boys in solidly in the race to take over the division. And it's bound to give our guys more confidence and should quiet down all that "finesse team" (which is NFL polite-speak for wussy) talk that's going around now.

And if we beat the Jags the following week...
It'll definitely be ON in H-town!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #3
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 876 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

I say fruit punch.
I would like to see us go toe-to-toe with them and squeak out an ugly one. To me it takes more heart to win a close, ugly game than a blow-out. I am looking hard to find a pulse on this team and an ugly win might bring it to the surface.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Fruit punch here.

Actually, experiencing proper playcalling would satisfy me...
Old 09-19-2009   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

We just need to win on the road against a good team in our division. NOW would be a good time, thank you. Doesn't matter by how much.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #6
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
We just need to win on the road against a good team in our division. NOW would be a good time, thank you. Doesn't matter by how much.
Ditto
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

We need to get an enemy emblem of this Snoopbird is what we need to do. The bullet holes are ugly.

Old 09-19-2009   #8
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: What needs to happen Sunday

Quote:
Reminds me of the hockey player who said, "We need guys who can score the big goal on the road when we're down by one; not guys who score at home when we're up by three".
Old 09-19-2009   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

How about Battle Red Bull?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Cant afford to start out 0-2. Putting the Titanic's in that 0-2 hole would be fantastic .... A win is a win and it dont matter if its by 1 or 100. (Although embarrassing Buds team would be nice)

Buck Fud ....

Bah , must spread rep - someone get him for me.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #11
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

Cant afford to start out 0-2. Putting the Titanic's in that 0-2 hole would be fantastic .... A win is a win and it dont matter if its by 1 or 100. (Although embarrassing Buds team would be nice)

Buck Fud ....

Bah , must spread rep - someone get him for me.
That would make an awsome screen name! I wish i'd thought of it
Old 09-19-2009   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Titan Blood = 95/100 of the fanbase will be peeing in their pants with joy, but left wondering what will befall us next week

Fruit punch = 75/100 of the fanbase will be in shock running home to clean out their shorts

Sugar-free orange = 75/100 of the fanbase will be reaching for their Maalox and Lomotil in the johns followed kicking the dog when they get home

Jonestown black licorice = 50/100 of the fan base will be taking a permanent hike, never to be seen again (not only will the dog not be safe, but the spouse should consider temporary alternate housing)
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #13
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

total annihilation!
Old 09-19-2009   #14
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

We just need to kick their a$$!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a fruitpuncher. It's easier and mor fun to ***** about your team after a win. Besides, after a win, there are fewer holes to fill next offseason.LOL
Old 09-20-2009   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Fruit punch here.

Actually, experiencing proper playcalling would satisfy me...
I answered Titan Blood, because I thought it sounds cool. But in reality, I want to see good football. I want to see a real "scheme" designed to attack their defense, and a "scheme" designed to attack their offense. I want to see good play. I don't want to see our Offensive linemen laying on the ground (Brown, Pitts, Winston) & our RB tackled in the backfield. I don't want to see balls flying around the 5 to 10 yard mark, without a LB in sight. I don't want to see bombs to wide open receivers. & I don't want to see Andre Johnson without a single pass thrown to him if he's in single coverage. If he's singled up with anyone, a mid-level QB with 6 years of experience ought to be able to put the ball where only he can get it. Especially if that QB is paid like a Franchise QB.

If we play good football consistently, the wins will come. If we win, and look as bad as we did last Sunday, I'll still be upset.
Old 09-20-2009   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72233 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's clear that this is a "must play well" game.
Old 09-20-2009   #18
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

In 2003 Patriots started season 0-2. Just sayin.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
In 2003 Patriots started season 0-2. Just sayin.
In 2008, the Detroit Lions started 0-2. Just saying.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read