Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2009   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans take exception to "soft" talk

Quote:
In a bully division like the AFC South, the last thing you need to be called is soft.

The Texans are still feeling the sting of their shocking season-opening loss to the New York Jets and some of the talk isn't very nice.

The Jets' 24-7 victory on Sunday was so convincing, the Texans are hearing comments questioning their toughness. The Texans face Tennessee on Sunday, hoping to get some of the fire back that helped them win a rugged 13-12 victory over the Titans last December.

"You can't control what other people say," wide receiver Andre Johnson said. "If that's how they feel, it's how they feel. That's something that you definitely look at and take to heart. You have to control that between the lines on Sunday."

The Texans dropped their season opener and so did Tennessee. Questions of toughness will be answered against the Titans.

"We're going to have another tough game this Sunday," Johnson said. "We'll go out and see if we're physical or finesse. We'll find out on Sunday."

No one questioned the Texans' toughness following last year's fierce divisional battle at Reliant Stadium. Coach Gary Kubiak expects another hard game and improved play from the Texans.

"It's been extremely physical from Tennessee's standpoint since I've been here," Kubiak said. "Just a few years ago, Jacksonville was leading this division. So, Indianapolis, if you play coverage all day, they can line up and run the ball at you, too. It's a good division, it's a physical division and winning in the division counts so much."

The Texans' offense was shut out by the Jets. New York shut down last year's rookie running back sensation Steve Slaton with 17 rushing yards. The Texans' offense totaled less than 200 offensive yards. Jets rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez played like a veteran in his first pro game.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=5577

well hopefully this fires them up.

"speak softly and carry a big stick" comes to mind
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #2
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans take exception to "soft" talk

I want to believe they're not soft, but I still can't shake this out of my mind...

Old 09-18-2009   #3
Ckw

Even their answers sound "soft". Come on guys. Get pissed off! Show some freakin emotion! I understand its Andre so my beef isn't with him. My beef is with the rest of the team that didn't say anything. Hopefully, this means they will simply let their play on the field do the talking. I can't say I'm hopeful.
Old 09-18-2009   #4
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=5577

well hopefully this fires them up.

"speak softly and carry a big stick" comes to mind
Seems to me, the Texans have been
playing softly and getting STUCK!
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Even their answers sound "soft". Come on guys. Get pissed off! Show some freakin emotion! I understand its Andre so my beef isn't with him. My beef is with the rest of the team that didn't say anything. Hopefully, this means they will simply let their play on the field do the talking. I can't say I'm hopeful.
My thoughts exactly! I'm surprised Kubiak didn't drop a "it's on me" comment in there.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #6
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I want to believe they're not soft, but I still can't shake this out of my mind...

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when this play came up during the film session.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Part of being soft is allowing someone to manipulate your emotions. If your personally is not outwardly emotional and someone can take you out of that they have won.
Old 09-18-2009   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when this play came up during the film session.
I haven't seen anyone "posterized" that bad in a long time

and maybe I just haven't looked or noticed.

wow
Old 09-18-2009   #9
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

wow
Yeah, that was T-Mac on Shawn Bradley posterized.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

You left off the rest of the headline:

Texans take exception to "soft" talk; hug and sing Kumbaya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Whats so scary about that play is the Jenkins loses NO balance from throwing Myers around... He just keeps his heading and speed.
Old 09-18-2009   #12
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

wow
I saw Jake Long get pancaked by John Abraham on Sunday, looked pretty awful but he was at least using both arms.

That's just ... well I don't know how to express what that is. But if you had to characterize our game with one play, it would be that one.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

well Texan fans made him hot under the collar also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsSq1WITuN4
Old 09-18-2009   #14
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans will always be considered a soft team until they get mad enough to step up and prove otherwise. Come on Texans step up and prove us all wrong.

As for Chris Myers, you now see why we only spent a 6th round pick on him.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Just win, Baby.

....statement issued by the resident Head Case in the NFL.

As to the Texans winning games, I want it so, but I'll believe it when I see it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

IT'S JUST ONE LOSS. WHO SAYS WE'RE SOFT??!!

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

There's no comparison to the way the Texans and Titans lost their respective season openers. Tennessee played balls-out against a tough opponent and took them to overtime. Houston played the Jets who were also quite tough and the Texans played soft because they are soft.

They'll be soft until they prove otherwise.
Old 09-18-2009   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
There's no comparison to the way the Texans and Titans lost their respective season openers. Tennessee played balls-out against a tough opponent and took them to overtime. Houston played the Jets who were also quite tough and the Texans played soft because they are soft.

yep.. reminds me of the movie "Mr Baseball" and they keep telling Jack he has a hole in his swing ... and dennis haysbert character tells him "all over Japan ,pitchers are practicing " shitoh " oh the dreaded "shitoh"

Texans need to come out Sunday and play whatever smash mouth they can (within their limits) and knock this label off of them .. then do it again the next week.. because teams are looking at this and licking their chops because once the Texans get knocked in the mouth , they seem to go into a shell .
Old 09-18-2009   #19
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

but we're classy!
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #20
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yep.. reminds me of the movie "Mr Baseball" and they keep telling Jack he has a hole in his swing ... and dennis haysbert character tells him "all over Japan ,pitchers are practicing " shitoh " oh the dreaded "shitoh"

Texans need to come out Sunday and play whatever smash mouth they can (within their limits) and knock this label off of them .. then do it again the next week.. because teams are looking at this and licking their chops because once the Texans get knocked in the mouth , they seem to go into a shell .
Last part I totally agree with. Overall the team plays soft, and it's a label they've earned. I wish I could see someone on the team upset about being called soft that other then these equally soft responses.

I haven't heard anything from practices this week, but it wouldn't surprise me after that ass kicking to have closed practices for a while.

If they want to knock the label, go out and bust the Titans in the mouth right from the kick off and don't stop until the clock hits zero in the 4th. If the Texans don't come out swinging these the rest of the season is going to be unbearably long for the team and fans.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read