QB

Okay, let me prioritize them:

1- CB
1- S
1- DT
1- Oline
1- QB

HMMMM.......

no argument, but depth at any of the above positions before qb IMO. qb could be addressed in either of the next two drafts with a higher round pick other than 5+.

Well lets see

1. FS/SS ..... IMO these take time to develop so i say maybe F/A

2. G/C our interior D line is soft but i think out Interior O line is even softer

3. CB dunta and reeves both might be gone i could even say this could be #2

4. i throw a curve ball out here and say Runing back

IMo we need alot of fixes

DT
WR
Kick retuner

well not to many holes

this years draft should be deep at Safety and DT. Also i expect a lot of underclassmen to come out especially if this is the last year they can get paid.

personally id go safety, not because its a def need but i really dont want another dline bust.

Taylor Mays or Josh Pinkard out of USC Eric Berry out of Tenn or Earl Thomas from Texas. one of them should be available when we pick.

CB
S
DT
Oline
QB

Okay, let me prioritize them:

1- CB
1- S
1- DT
1- Oline
1- QB

HMMMM.......

Ok, now step 3. Which of the above do you stand the best chance of addressing in free agency (if any)?

The draft and free agency used properly can fix all of that in one off-season in most cases. Anyone who says different probably works for or has an interview scheduled with the Houston Texans.

Ok, now step 3. Which of the above do you stand the best chance of addressing in free agency (if any)?

The draft and free agency used properly can fix all of that in one off-season in most cases. Anyone who says different probably works for or has an interview scheduled with the Houston Texans.

I think we should wait and see what the new head coach wants. LOL

I have a tough time with this one because it's hard to tell where the bad coaching ends and where the lack of talent starts.

I have a tough time with this one because it's hard to tell where the bad coaching ends and where the lack of talent starts.

Isn't it? Last time it was so easy! We could all clearly see that the bad coaching was doing nothing with the bad players that the bad GM was (generally) drafting. Of course he was getting his information from our bad scouting department and all of them were being paid by our bad (not his fault) newbie owner. You couldn't get it wrong. If someone asked you what was wrong with the Texans back then you could just say "Yes" and you were right!

Sad day in America when we're talking about draft and FA needs. ****ing A this team ****ing pisses me right the **** off.

********, where's that ****ing cursing thread?

Hervoyel said:

Isn't it? Last time it was so easy! We could all clearly see that the bad coaching was doing nothing with the bad players that the bad GM was (generally) drafting. Of course he was getting his information from our bad scouting department and all of them were being paid by our bad (not his fault) newbie owner. You couldn't get it wrong. If someone asked you what was wrong with the Texans back then you could just say "Yes" and you were right!

And yet they went 7-9. Certainly not non-losing like this stellar collection, but only one game back. It almost makes one pause and consider...

============

On another point, they better add a MLB to the draft list. They might have to pass on a defensive tackle or safety, but Demeco will still want paid so they better draft his replacement.

:sarcasm:

Looks like history's repeating itself.

Draft another Defensive Tackle.

DT. D linemen take time to bring up to speed. We better get at least two space eaters. Mays at SS would be nice, but I don't see him as a FS. Doesn't have the natural ball-hawk skills.

I'm tired of building through the draft with project players, and signing terrible free agents to high dollar contracts.

Let's just go get Vince Wilfork, OJ Atogwe, Carlos Rogers, Jahri Evans, and Darren Colledge.

Hey.. it could happen. :texflag:

:specnatz:

Safety? What's a safety?

Signed,

Rick Smith, Gary Kubiak, Charley Casserly, Dom Capers, every Texans scout, Bob McNair.

This team blows at drafting interior D-lineman. I hope we never draft one again. Lets try something else
We drafted a pretty good running back in Slaton last year. Perhaps he can play on the Dline and stop the run? I mean who should know better how to stop one?

1st round- TE

I'm just kidding. or am I? if there was ever a year to trade up (i'll insert the "if it's even possible" joke here to keep the haters away) this would be the year. snag Berry or Mays. We'd have to pick ahead of the Raiders and Seahawks but it'd be worth it. then draft, in this order
DT
CB
C/G (whichever Caldwell isn't slotted to get)
HB
WR

I'll take Berry or Mays. No problem with that at all.

Sadly we may pick early enough to select either guy at our natural position in the draft. Berry may be a stretch but Mays is a distinct policy. It kinda feels like the 2 years Laron Landry and Michael Jenkins came out. We may get a shot at him but he may go just before us just like before.

We also need to look at drafting a QB if Matt keeps finding a way to get injured this season...oops too late. (love ya Matt, but you gotta be able to stay on the field) Neither McCoy or Bradford get my blood racing though. McCoy is too short and Bradford plays for OU, neither school and/or current regime has a great reputation for developing NFL quality QBs either.

Obviously Cornerback is still a need position and it would be nice to FINALLY address the Center position. Hopefully Caldwell works out and is probably our most honest effort at sufficiently addressing the situation, but early returns are mixed at best. He can't be any worse than Myers has been....

Come to think of it, can we draft a new Head Coach? It's a pretty talented pool of candidates out there (cowher, gruden, holmgren, schottenheimer, carroll, edwards, dungy, shanahan) We gotta remember that 1/4 of the league has new head coaches. Doubtful any get fired after 1 year and the only team with a coach on the hotseat outside of Kubiak is Wade Phillips, Fox, Cable, Jauron, Lewis, and Childress. That is only 6 teams looking to make moves even if every one is fired. Yeah there could be a surprise firing (lovie smith and/or andy reid come to mind if their teams went 6-10 or worse)

For some reason, Gruden comes across as someone who could bring some fire and passion to this team. He may not be Cowher, but we may have a better shot at Gruden. He has a lot of tread left on the tires too. He is still pretty young and has a lot of experience. If things work out, we could have ourselves a long term solution at HC..whereas Schotty, Holmgren, and Dungy would be short term solutions) fwiw - there is no chance in hell we get shanahan for obvious reasons, so he is omitted.

Last edited:
You know the sad thing is that we have the same needs that we've had for the last 4 yrs., O-line, D-line, and Secondary. It's also dependent on whether Dunta stays or not.

With Dunta we need starters at:
FS/SS
DT/NT
OG

Without Dunta we need starters at:
CB
FS/SS
OG
DT/NT

Regardless of Dunta we need depth at OT, OG, FS and SS

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO MORE DEFENSIVE ENDS I DONT CARE HOW GOOD THEY LOOKED ON YOU TUBE BURNING SECOND RATE COLLEGE PLAYERS.

NO MORE TWEENERS OR EXPIRAMENTS. PLEASE

thank you

I hope our draft and FA's look something like this

Rd1 Mays
Rd2 Burnett
Rd3 Ulatoski
Rd4 Robinson DT WF

FA signings Hampton or Seymour if he doesn't re-sign with the Raiders

Best G Available

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO MORE DEFENSIVE ENDS I DONT CARE HOW GOOD THEY LOOKED ON YOU TUBE BURNING SECOND RATE COLLEGE PLAYERS.

thank you

I agree, no more developmental 1st round picks (Okoye) or developmental picks from small schools (Molden).

Trade up proposal:
We put the transition tag on Owen Daniels and then trade him, our 1st round pick, and 5th round pick for Eric Berry. I'm not sure if that would be enough to move up that high but we could throw in a 4th or the other 5th as well.

Haven't we said that every year Kubes has been here?

Eric Berry. That is the only answer to the topic.

Well problem is we will win our last few meaningless games only to move ourselves 1 or 2 picks past where he goes. Of course that will also be where the talent drops off so we'll move down and get extra picks and everyone will be excited about that and talking about how all these new picks are going to put us over the top.

I assume I am one of the board's resident storm cloud pessimists. As such, let me add one opinion.

This thread is waaaaayyyyyy too early.

thank you

What's wrong with the last DE we drafted in the first round???
I'll take another one like him.

I assume I am one of the board's resident storm cloud pessimists. As such, let me add one opinion.

This thread is waaaaayyyyyy too early.

too many :panic: pushers around here
I'm looking at this as an intellectual exercise. We won't know how this team gells for several weeks. Then we can see who/where we need upgrades and how to prioritize them on draft day.

personally, I'm thinking a serious upgrade at QB is necessary

coulda just rehashed last year's thread, I think it says the same needs.

This.

The list looks exactly like last years....except we got a two down LBer in last year's draft to run a 4-3 under scheme that was supposed to be all over the QB with pressure.

Trouble is that a rookie QB didn't get sacked a single time in his first regular season game and pretty much looked like the second coming of Joe Willie Namath with our new defense.

Go Texans

tired of getting pushed around by big bullies. Texans need to get stronger, bigger & more physical. I don't care what position anymore just upgrade as many positions possible with football players who get after it. I don't need any high picks if the Texans continue to underachieve they need to trade down & focus on two or three 2nd rd. picks who can come in & start immediately.

Back