Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2009   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Post week 1 power rankings:

http://fanrankings.nfl.com/

The "experts" put us at 22 and the "community fan rankings" put us at 31. Ouch on the latter, we kinda earned the former!

As everyone knows, rankings dont mean anything this early in the season. Hopefully though, if any of our players see it then the rankings might light a fire under their asses. Anything that could do that would be good imo.
Old 09-15-2009   #2
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post week 1 power rankings:

The community Rankings are horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #3
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

To be honest, I'm not sure we earned a 22....our offense was SHUT OUT!
Old 09-15-2009   #4
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw alot of football last week in week 1.....no team looked as bad as ours that I saw...NONE....every other team AT LEAST looked competitive. I know the rankings don't mean squat right now and I know we're not the worst team in the league, however, based only on what I saw for one specific week, we were definitely in the 30's in ranking. IMO

I'm finally starting to simmer down after Sunday's worst, so I'm starting to try and think positively again. But man, for a solid 48 hours was I pissed!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

How'd we get as high as 31?
Old 09-15-2009   #6
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

As bad as we were I think our defense could outscore the Lions by themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
How'd we get as high as 31?
Good ?

Our offense got shut out right?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2009   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Good ?

Our offense got shut out right?
Should have been 32 out of 32, IMO. No team performed worse. Even the Panthers, Raiders, Bills, and Lions played better as a team.
Old 09-15-2009   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

We copied the Bronco model and we're ranked #22 and the Broncos are #23 . I say we reached our goal .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #10
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

You know, normally i'd be against obvious sky is falling talk like "we are the worst team in the NFL". But I am all for it because I hope it somehow gets to the players and they decide to prove us wrong. No more talking about being a winner, its time for this team to show us that they are winners before we go around talking about how we're gonna be a playoff team.
Old 09-15-2009   #11
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

That fan voting is obviously a bunch of fans voting for their own teams. I mean c'mon, the Cowboys are ranked higher than the Steelers? Sure, the Cowboys have more fans nationwide than do the Steelers. The Chargers ahead of the Giants? The Titans number 23?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #12
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I actually think we were the 30th worst team in the league last Sunday. Panthers were worst, Rams 2nd worst, and then our Texans.

Teams like the Chiefs, Raiders, and Bills all played better than our Texans with each team having a chance to win their game. The Broncos and 49ers both looked to have a rough year and both win their games. Why did we have to stink it up so bad while other teams overcome adversity?

I think it starts up top. We lack inspiration and passion. Kubiak just doesn't have it in his DNA to be a top NFL head coach. he is too awwshucks and good ole boy. You don't have to yell but you have to realize that you have to get a team fired up and prepared to play from the opening kick. His teams come out flat week after week. The defense plays with no real purpose or attitude. They just play soft and Kubiak coaches soft. 3+ years have shown that to be a constant.
Old 09-16-2009   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN has us at 23.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

Their comments:
Quote:
The opening dud left the team embarrassed and the city miserable. Visiting the Titans for Week 2 doesn't seem like a cure. (Kuharsky)

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

These teams were worse than us last week:
Detroit - 3INTs on offense, 6 TDs through the air on defense
Panthers - 5 turnovers by the QB is awful
Maybe the rams
Old 09-16-2009   #15
Titansfan3801
Rookie

I don't think that the low twenties is too far off. You've got potential, the problem is that you don't get any respect until you start showing, especially with your history. If you lose this week, you'll be in a big hole, but maybe that would be enough to get you moving. Don't you have two home games after this week? A little momentum to get you back even would be good. I don't think you can make it up if you start 1-3.

That being said, those community rankings are just silly. I don't think anyone would take them seriously. Also, despite a downright bad performance last week, and the fact that I'm a rival fan and don't like you guys, I'd still put you above 25.
Titansfan3801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009   #16
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

How the hell did they put us that high? Drunk when they put the rankings up?

Don't answer that thorn

Last edited by Goldensilence; 09-16-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009   #17
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

john mcclain has us at 31 on the chron.com
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009   #18
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

thes people are nutzz its just one game

has far has the future rank goes and the teams on our sechudle

We are better then the

Raiders
Sea hawks
Jags
Tenn
Dolphins
Bengles
Arozina
Greenbay
Falcons
Bills
Bears
San Fran
COlts

all we got 2 do know is just prove it LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009   #19
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
thes people are nutzz its just one game

has far has the future rank goes and the teams on our sechudle

We are better then the

Raiders
Sea hawks
Jags
Tenn
Dolphins
Bengles
Arozina
Greenbay
Falcons
Bills
Bears
San Fran
COlts

all we got 2 do know is just prove it LOL
I dunno, from what I saw of the Raiders against SD, Buf against NE, Tenn against Pitt, and a few others we looked worse than them. Did you see how stout Oakland actually looked in that game?

That doesn't mean that those teams are better than us, but they played better than us, so, until I see otherwise (and it can start Sunday against the possum hollar tacks) I can't say we are better than those teams.
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009   #20
Titansfan3801
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I dunno, from what I saw of the Raiders against SD, Buf against NE, Tenn against Pitt, and a few others we looked worse than them. Did you see how stout Oakland actually looked in that game?

That doesn't mean that those teams are better than us, but they played better than us, so, until I see otherwise (and it can start Sunday against the possum hollar tacks) I can't say we are better than those teams.
Thanks for the rational view.

I'm happy to agree that you're better than you looked last week, but you've got to prove it.
Titansfan3801 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read