Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-15-2009   #1
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Raiders got Robbed

It's pretty sad when you can't even write about your own team. What a disappointment. The O-line looked like a sieve. Where was A.J. in this game plan?

As y'all know, I'm a Raider Hater! But they were robbed by the zebras last night. That pass was a touchdown, no question about it. I was totally blown away when they overturned the call.

Where am I wrong here?
Old 09-15-2009   #2
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Raiders got Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike moffat View Post
Where am I wrong here?
Well, you did post in the wrong section...
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #3
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post

On topic though, yeah the Raiders were robbed. Plus...there are plenty of raider haters out there...which may or may not include *some* the refs, but whatever...its done and over with.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #4
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
I guess that you're right. The mods can move it to the NFL if they want to. I tried to talk Texan stuff, but I felt my blood pressure beginning to rise.
Old 09-15-2009   #5
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's pretty sad when you can't even write about your own team. What a disappointment. The O-line looked like a sieve. Where was A.J. in this game plan?

As y'all know, I'm a Raider Hater! But they were robbed by the zebras last night. That pass was a touchdown, no question about it. I was totally blown away when they overturned the call.

Where am I wrong here?
I personally thought it was going to be overturned as soon as I saw the ball come out. From my understanding the WR has to maintain control of the ball until he has hit the ground. The WR clearly didn't maintain control. I was surprised Steve Young & the announcers didn't know that, though...
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #6
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

He had two feet down, he landed on his behind, and his elbow hit the ground before the ball had gotten out.

There was a questionable catch like that during the Pats game I believe, however, that was ruled a TD.
Old 09-15-2009   #7
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

The Raiders didn't get robbed - it's just that it's a HORRIBLE rule. The rule was followed, unfortunately for them.

Terrible rule. Needs to be reviewed.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2009   #8
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
He had two feet down, he landed on his behind, and his elbow hit the ground before the ball had gotten out.

There was a questionable catch like that during the Pats game I believe, however, that was ruled a TD.
I'm not sure about the Pats play, but I just checked the replay to be sure, and he didn't maintain control of the ball throughout the play. Here's a replay, they say the samething I just did. It's at the 1:40 mark. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200909...ders#tab:watch
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #9
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

My book had the Raiders at 4-1 to win...I was oh so close!
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

The NFL cracks me up in that they employ all this technology and then create the dumbest rules to be interpreted by the dumbest people. Sometimes it's a catch ------ as long as it's not in the endzone. Sometimes it's a catch --- but wait, there's under two minutes, lets overturn what was a good call.

Lets look at at this in super slomo - that's a realistic point of view. Right.

Maybe I'm the only one, but the NFL is taking a good thing and screwing it up. Who said "punish the team who challenges the ruling and is proven correct"? Then again, the NFL does this in all facets of the game.

Old 09-15-2009   #11
cc_me
Veteran

Rep Power: 51 cc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Where am I wrong here?
Mike, how are ya??

I was there last night and as soon as I saw the replay I knew they would overturn it. A player must maintain control of the ball through their "fall" to the ground. What about crossing the plane with 2 feet in? Anyway, It's a stupid rule. Along with alot of stupid rules. For whatever reason we are often on the wrong side of those stupid rules.
Old 09-15-2009   #12
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Yeah, so I guess according to the rule the call was right...but when the rule is idiotic to begin with...ah well, no use complaining over it, the NFL is always right.
Old 09-15-2009   #13
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8156 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer

Stupid, STUPID rule!!!!

So.....you can not even TOUCH the endzone, just break the plane and lose control....and THAT'S a TD, but not if you land to feet in with control and lose the ball as a result of ground contact, even though it's OK to do so everywhere else on the field?

Stupid
texansdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnBS8tTsnWE

yeah, the raiders were robbed. the nfl needs to hide its biases better.
Old 09-15-2009   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
The Raiders didn't get robbed - it's just that it's a HORRIBLE rule. The rule was followed, unfortunately for them.

Terrible rule. Needs to be reviewed.
exactly. the call was correct. there is no way in hell a ref can make that call in realtime. i think the league really likes instant replay...extra commercials.

they say they dont like it and are going to get rid of it, but this rule necessitates instant replay.
Old 09-16-2009   #16
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_me View Post
Mike, how are ya??

I was there last night and as soon as I saw the replay I knew they would overturn it. A player must maintain control of the ball through their "fall" to the ground. What about crossing the plane with 2 feet in? Anyway, It's a stupid rule. Along with alot of stupid rules. For whatever reason we are often on the wrong side of those stupid rules.
CC! Good to hear from you! I was thinking about all of you. We're doing just fine. I may have to come and visit again this year even though the Texans won't be there. I'll let you know when we plan on coming.

From my point of view, I still say ya got robbed!

This ones for you.

Old 09-17-2009   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

So, the Raiders are signing Chris McAllister, pending a physical. He is being moved to safety. Anyone seeing the Raiders becoming a team you don't want to mess with? That defense is stout. If Jamarcus works on his accuracy and they get themselves another receiver, that's a good all-around team.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #18
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
So, the Raiders are signing Chris McAllister, pending a physical. He is being moved to safety. Anyone seeing the Raiders becoming a team you don't want to mess with? That defense is stout. If Jamarcus works on his accuracy and they get themselves another receiver, that's a good all-around team.
I agree with you. I'm just thankful that we weren't playing them on Monday night! That defense and especially Seymour, was all over the place. They're getting real close to having a contender.
Old 09-18-2009   #19
cc_me
Veteran

Rep Power: 51 cc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respectedcc_me is a quality contributor and well respected

OMG!! It's nice to have positive thoughts about my Team. It's been a looooong time!
Old 09-18-2009   #20
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_me View Post
OMG!! It's nice to have positive thoughts about my Team. It's been a looooong time!
Whaddup cc.

Raiders look like they've got their defense turned around. Seymour was a great addition to that defensive line and you could see the havoc he was placing on the Chargers (oh god, he gets to see Schaub in a couple of weeks too).

Looks like they've started to turn the corner....I didn't think so much after the Saints/Raiders preseason game...but if Jamarcus can get accurate and the Raiders recievers want to have a ball thrown to them (and actually catch one)...then look out. A healthy Javon Walker will help too.

cc, you coming down in a few weeks?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read