Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2009   #121
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 reasons Cowher would come here...and 1 why he won't

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
I said Okoye in some sort of package deal with another player of need to send somewhere with a 4-3. Maybe Okoye, Grossman, and Jacoby Jones to Washington for an underperforming and overpaid Haynesworth? If I was Washington, I think I might do that deal.

I still don't think Cowher would come here, and I don't think Kubiak will be fired this year. This is all hypothetical, so I'm just having fun with it.
DerekLee, do you read your posts my friend? If Hainesworth is not performing, why would we want his fat body and fat salary here? Now if the right NT was available I might trade those three but it would have to be awesome. Okoye has looked better last two games and JJ is on a roll for pro bowl consideration as of today so it would have to be a pretty solid guy coming here. At least you are offering options.
Old 10-13-2009   #122
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
DerekLee, do you read your posts my friend? If Hainesworth is not performing, why would we want his fat body and fat salary here? Now if the right NT was available I might trade those three but it would have to be awesome. Okoye has looked better last two games and JJ is on a roll for pro bowl consideration as of today so it would have to be a pretty solid guy coming here. At least you are offering options.
Redskins shopping Anthony Montgomery. Height: 6-6 Weight: 330 Age: 25 He might be worth a look. Haynseworth took his place.
Old 10-13-2009   #123
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
LMAO...yes! Cloudy with a chance of Panties! haha

Wish I had that kind of power!

I don't need them to fall from the sky. Just fall from a babes waist.
Old 11-24-2009   #124
SoCalTexanFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVP
Default Bill Cowher New Texans Coach....

I just wanted to be the first to post it. This was it for Kubiak. He plays NOT lose rather than win. Not calling a timeout and at least taking one shot at the end zone with 8 seconds made no sense. It showed exactly the way he thinks. Too conservative.

Bill Cowher will be the coach in 2010.
Old 11-24-2009   #125
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: Bill Cowher New Texans Coach....

I doubt Cowher would come here, but I'd like it if he did.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
Old 11-24-2009   #126
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed...him or Shottenheimer.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 11-24-2009   #127
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love it if Bill Cowher came. But, Kubiak wasn't THAT bad. He messed up by having Brown out there, but he didn't miss a relatively easy FG...two games in a row...
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2009   #128
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Bill Cowher will never coach in Houston. He will use them to drive his price up, though.

But just to throw fuel on the flame - NFL.com reports that Bill Cowher's short list is Carolina, Chicago, and Houston. Let the hysteria begin...er, continue.

LINK

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 11-24-2009   #129
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I would love it if Bill Cowher came. But, Kubiak wasn't THAT bad. He messed up by having Brown out there, but he didn't miss a relatively easy FG...two games in a row...
But he did prepare this team for two weeks prior to this game. I agree he can't play the game for them, but their is more wrong with this team than Kris Brown missing a field goal.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
Old 11-24-2009   #130
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Bill Cowher will never coach in Houston. He will use them to drive his price up, though.

But just to throw fuel on the flame - NFL.com reports that Bill Cowher's short list is Carolina, Chicago, and Houston. Let the hysteria begin...er, continue.

LINK
I've long believed that Cowher is a midwest kinda guy, and when Lerner cleans house again, is gonna hand Cowher a blank check. The fans there are starting to revolt and the owner has to do something drastic - Cowher fits the bill there, and it's not that far a flight to NC for him.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
Old 11-24-2009   #131
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Assuming the Texans job did come open, it would be an attractive position for many coaches. We have talented players on both sides of the ball. They just don't know how to win. Starts from the top.

Thanks to Premier
Old 11-24-2009   #132
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Please please stop with these Bill Cowher to Houston threads. Anyone suggesting that is very misinformed as to where or what Cowher wants to do with his career. Coaching the Texans is not even on his radar. Stop with this stuff. It's old now.
Old 11-24-2009   #133
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Has Cowher ever said or done anything that says he doesn't want to come to Houston?

I really don't understand why not, so someone fill me in.

Especially when this team lost 4 heartbreaking games outta 5. There is potential there and this would be a pretty attractive job for any coach. At least they know they have a QB unlike Carolina and tons of offensive weapons unlike Chicago. If the Texans offer the correct money I don't see guys running from the job.
Old 11-24-2009   #134
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Kubiak is here to stay. I like the guy, and think if we have enough patience with him he will get us going places. He still makes some very questionable decisions, but it's not his fault his kicker misses easy FGs, or Chris Brown fumbles at the 1 yard line.
Old 11-24-2009   #135
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 85287 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bill Cowher?

OK, let me say this first - I like Gary Kubiak as a person. He is a good man, a good offensive coordinator, and an Aggie. But after all this time I am ready to say ENOUGH. True, it wasn't Kubiak missing FGs, dropping passes, or not tackling people. But he is the HEAD COACH - he sets the tone for the whole team. There are too many times the Texans look like there coach - complacent and kind of "aw shucks I missed that one." The Texans lack an identity. They don't play with the fire that is required to win in the NFL. Football is a violent game, played with tons of emotion. Look at Jeff Fisher on the sidelines - he gets into the game and his players follow his lead. When the Titans were 0-6 Fisher put a Manning jersey on and said he wanted to look like a winner. He was criticized, but his players were motivated and they turned around their play. Agian I like Kubes, I think he is great OC, just probably not a head coach. Many great OC could not make it as head coach. A head coach has to be agreat leader who surrounds himself with great coordinators. I think it may be time for a change after this season.

On that note, this is on NFL.com : " The Houston Texans and Chicago Bears would excite Cowher as well, according to a source, should they opt to make a move." Here is the link http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
Old 11-24-2009   #136
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 108546 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill Cowher?

Kubiak will be the coach next year.
Old 11-24-2009   #137
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I rooted for Kubiac to come here but I'm really starting to have my doubts. This team just isn't what I wanted to see on the field. We are way too much of a finesse team for my taste. Our line play stinks on both sides of the ball.

I doubt he will but I'd say Bob should at least make the phone call at the end of the season.
Old 11-24-2009   #138
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Kubiak will be the coach next year.
Agreed
Old 11-24-2009   #139
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Get on the phone Bob.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 11-24-2009   #140
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 85287 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he will be gone if we don't make the playoffs. I have the utmost amount of respect for Bob McNair. He brought football back to my hometown, against all odds, against all the LA nut huggers who tried to bring a team back there. He is a successful man who doesn't like to lose. He deserves to win as much as anyone for the chance he took in bringing us the Texans. I believe he sees the potential in this team right now. He said this team is expected to complete and be a playoff caliber team. Hiring Bill Cowher would be a huge splash around the NFL. He would bring the credibility that we are seeking.

If he doesn't want to pay the money to get Cowher, I am available for a couple hundred thousand a year...
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read