Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009   #61
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HC possibilities

I don't really have a candidate in mind either. That being said, the most realistic one mentioned in this thread seems like Mike Zimmer. We'd probably have to hire another coordinator because I don't see why any coach that's won Super Bowls would want to come here.

I'd like too see a guy come in that doesn't want to reinvent the wheel because it isn't his wheel.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 09-15-2009   #62
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I hate to give credence to this topic at this point in time, but that's not to say the thought hasn't crossed my mind.

And, to feed my own curiosity; assuming Kubiak was fired, and assuming McNair lured Cowher here with enough cash, what would he do as defensive hires? I know he had LeBeau for a large portion of his tenure with the Steelers. Who else ran his defense while he was there? And have they been strictly a 3-4 team, or do I remember correctly that they ran a 4-3 when LeBeau wasn't there?
He could find some of LeBeau's understudies who gained experience and knowldege working with him....proven techniques with fresh ideas could make the D somewhat better....
I'm sure Cowher is would come back if the price is right....if not, Florida is only a 2 hour flight for Dungy....lot of colleges/prep schools, churches Dungy could continue to mentor and do what he does...
Old 09-15-2009   #63
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I don't really have a candidate in mind either. That being said, the most realistic one mentioned in this thread seems like Mike Zimmer. We'd probably have to hire another coordinator because I don't see why any coach that's won Super Bowls would want to come here.

I'd like too see a guy come in that doesn't want to reinvent the wheel because it isn't his wheel.

Yeah but our wheels have been spinning for years...so he can bring new wheels to get it going.
Old 09-15-2009   #64
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
As I said before. You gotta think that Dungy really considers it if we ask him.
Why would Dungy really consider it?
Old 09-15-2009   #65
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

Another reason I brought up Zimmer is that he moved his way up with the Cowboys and though he was behind their 4-3 that kicked tail in the early 2000s, he also coached the 3-4 with no prior experience under Parcells. So the guy has a great football mind.
Old 09-15-2009   #66
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Just throwing some names out there I havent seen mentioned.

How about someone closer to home. If you really want an in youre face guy Alex Gibbs isnt shy about calling players out.

Ray Rhodes Might be ready for another head job.

Jimmy Johnson is from Port Arthur Could he be ready to return to coaching?

Mike Heimerdinger another offensive guru.

Jim Washburn considered one of the better DL coaches in the NFL.

I would love Cowher, , moderatly happy with Marty, not overly thrilled with Dungy and hate Chucky.
Old 09-15-2009   #67
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Just throwing some names out there I havent seen mentioned.

How about someone closer to home. If you really want an in youre face guy Alex Gibbs isnt shy about calling players out.

Ray Rhodes Might be ready for another head job.

Jimmy Johnson is from Port Arthur Could he be ready to return to coaching?

Mike Heimerdinger another offensive guru.

Jim Washburn considered one of the better DL coaches in the NFL.

I would love Cowher, , moderatly happy with Marty, not overly thrilled with Dungy and hate Chucky.
Rhodes is out of the question for health reasons. I'd want to go out of staff.

Alex can do OL but, I'm not confident he would be a good HC candidate.

I think JJ is fine with his TV gig and probably won't return for any amount of money.

Don't see Dungy unretiring unless someone has heard rumors of him wanting to come back within the next year or two. Knowing Dungy's character I have a gut feeling he won't coach again after he's says he has no plans to coach again.

To be honest I want a guy that has a track record of doing things right. Though a lot of people might not be thrilled with Marty, I think he's the most realistic candidate who has a good record of turning programs around when given a genuine shot.

While we're talking about people coming out of retirement, why not Dick Vermeil.
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2009   #68
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

If everyone thinks it's bad now, just think what it would be like if Kubiak is fired.

The new HC will want a new QB, a bigger RB, one new OG, a C, possible a LT. That's just the Offense. Of course everything the Defense needs, it will still need, some DT's, at least one real shut down CB, 2 of those Safety guys that we've never seen, and possibly a DE other than Antonio or Conner.

That will take years..............

Although the love I had for our Offense has diminished in light of the problems against "Tough" Defenses, but Indy won a Superbowl with what I would call a finnese Offense, although they did have that #18 guy.

Yeh the Kool Aid is wearing off on me, although I haven't jumped ship yet, I'm just looking for a life jacket, but the thought of dumping Kubes means it will be another 4 years before we see any results. Don't go thinking you'll see one of those Atlanta, Baltimore, Miami type turn arounds, not gonna happen with this team.
Old 09-16-2009   #69
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

The top 2 guys right off the top of my head ar Marty and Ron Rivera.
Old 09-16-2009   #70
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
As I said before. You gotta think that Dungy really considers it if we ask him.

Dungy after being asked.
Old 09-16-2009   #71
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

We need a Kanye West interrupting Gary Kubiak on the sideline pic, GuerillaBlack.

"Yo, Kube. I'm 'a let you finish, but Dom Capers..."
Old 09-16-2009   #72
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 09-16-2009   #73
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: HC possibilities

If we can get the Tuna to come here that would be great!
Old 09-16-2009   #74
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

i'd lke the tuna here, but i doubt he lives miami.
Old 09-16-2009   #75
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
rep lol
Old 09-16-2009   #76
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 305 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
rep lol
Agreed! Hilarious!! Major rep for GB!
Old 09-16-2009   #77
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

slatonisabeast for head coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will turn the team around and make thim learn the abds....
Old 09-16-2009   #78
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

who can make me a picture saying 15 year olds can coach beter then kubes
Old 09-16-2009   #79
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

no mention of Brian Billick?
name recognition - check
super bowl win on the resume' - check
able to gather a capable staff - check
available - check

why not?
Old 09-16-2009   #80
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread should come with a barf bag.

Many of the options listed are very barfy. Or ancient. No offense, but they are.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read