Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-14-2009   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Aaron Curry impresses in Seahawks' opener

My favorite prospect from the draft played his first game on Sunday, and he made just the impression that I expected.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...55_hawk14.html

Quote:
The first defensive play of Aaron Curry's NFL career ended with a shoving match against Rams running back Steven Jackson. The second play concluded with Curry depositing St. Louis guard Jacob Bell on his keister.

Consider it a strong message from a strong man. Seattle's rookie linebacker is 254 pounds of bad intentions until the whistle blows. "Just letting them know that this defense, we're not going anywhere," he said. "No matter what you do, we're going to be here for 60 minutes."

"We just stayed together," defensive tackle Brandon Mebane said. "We had a lot of adversity on the field and we just stayed together." They stayed aggressive, too, especially Curry.

Leroy Hill suffered a groin injury in the first half and didn't return, Lofa Tatupu's hamstring tightened up in the second half and he left the game though that was more precautionary but Curry stayed on the field, his motor revving as opponents overheated. Jackson was called for a personal foul at the end of the first half because of something he did to Curry.

"He was angry at the world," Curry said. "He was mad at the whole defense." Coach Jim Mora said the referee came over at least three times, telling him to have No. 59 calm down. "But every time I talked to him on the sideline, he was very calm," Mora said of Curry. "He wasn't frenzied. He wasn't out of his mind. He was in control. He just plays with a passion, energy and emotion and speed." Curry played with a purpose Sunday. "We were referred to as being soft," Curry said. "So we've got to change our image."

Curry finished the game with four tackles, but his impact was best measured by the statement he made in his first game as a Seahawk which was physical from the first play to the final whistle.

"We just wanted them to know, no matter how hard you push us, we're going to be here," Curry said.
We could have really used a leader like this guy.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 09-14-2009 at 07:46 PM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #2
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Aaron Curry impresses in Seahawks' opener

I thought Cushing was flying around pretty well. I think he's gonna be a rock as the season progresses. We got 1 big hit out of him already, if he averages 1 a game that'll be about 10 times more than anybody else will do. And if the DTs keep sucking he'll end up with about 130 tackles this season. That would be serious DROY material. Didn't see him used much as a pass rusher but he looks fast on the field.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Mario, DeMeco, and Cushing need to step up and SHOW this type of aggression on defense to spark this team!!!
Old 09-16-2009   #4
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33472 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked Curry a lot to go number 1 in the draft, and it won't surprise me to see him have an awesome rookie year.

Would love to see his intensity in a Texans uniform this weekend.
Old 09-16-2009   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Mario, DeMeco, and Cushing need to step up and SHOW this type of aggression on defense to spark this team!!!
They may have been the only people doing that.
Old 09-16-2009   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
They may have been the only people doing that.
That's why I mentioned them. Because they need to be the ones to force the rest of the D to do the same!
Old 09-16-2009   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I like how he plays angry...I just wish Kubiak let the players get angry from time to time. I remember some epic camp battles in the past with some really good Oiler teams but at Camp Kubiak, I think he makes you sit in the naughty chair if you fight in camp. Football is a game of aggression. Get your mad on but keep it under control. I love it when I see players playing angry. Imposing your will on people is a big part of the game.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2009   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 238286 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I like how he plays angry...I just wish Kubiak let the players get angry from time to time. I remember some epic camp battles in the past with some really good Oiler teams but at Camp Kubiak, I think he makes you sit in the naughty chair if you fight in camp. Football is a game of aggression. Get your mad on but keep it under control. I love it when I see players playing angry. Imposing your will on people is a big part of the game.
damn good point.
I wonder if that comes from Kubiak or from McNair - he's the one who insists on having only Boy Scouts on his payroll.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
That's why I mentioned them. Because they need to be the ones to force the rest of the D to do the same!
All you can do is set the example, it's up to your team mates to follow your example. I want pissed off players who take no prisoners.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read