Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2009   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak Live Video Stream 3:30 CDT

Kubiak speaks in less than 30 mins

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/inde...m_file_id=3405

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #2
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak Live Video Stream 3:30 CDT

Signed in. Looking forward to hearing how he explains it away. If it's some lame "they weren't ready to play" comment, he should be asked what will be done to ensure they're ready for next week.

If he's going to take the blame, he should be held accountable.
Old 09-14-2009   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

the counter is starting...nobody at the podium yet, but the video is up

Old 09-14-2009   #4
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

come on, Gary. Give me something to make me believe you guys know what is going on and can fix it. Please?!

I have this sick feeling that the poor OL play is the opportunity he was looking for to get "Newman", I mean Studdard, into the lineup... "bluuuck", I just vomited in my mouth!

Things I hope to hear:

1. Busing will be starting alongside Wilson at safety this week.
2. Questioning the toughness of the offense.
3. some sort of display of confidence and determination.
4. Deljuan will be starting next to Cody this week.
5. Chris Brown will be more involved.
6. I'm going to be more active in playcalling.
7. We're embarrassed by our performance and it won't *******in' happen again!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

he is at the podium now

Old 09-14-2009   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

He looks and sounds very depressing.

Old 09-14-2009   #7
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

is he seriously talking about adjusting.??? we went from suck to more suck thats the only adjustments i seen
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2009   #8
Ckw

Yeah, this sucks. I am losing all hope in Gary. I'm tired of this crap. He's not motivational, and I'm tired of the "That's on me" comment. Call someone out, Coach! What a depressing freaking franchise!
Old 09-14-2009   #9
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Reporter told Kubiak that fans are struggling to buy tix and Dunta is being selfish with his "Pay me Rick" antics, what did he think about that...Kubiak's response is that is was dealt with internally.

McClain asked him if Texans were limited offensivly because Schaub was hurt, Kubiak said that the defense didin't dictate bootlegs. That's BS IMO.
Old 09-14-2009   #10
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i honestly think he have a pretty good D-line... and jjust imagine if we had an even average secondary... i think we could get some more sacks....

kubiak is done after this year. for sure.. unless he pulls a cat out of his ass in the next 3 minutes

6 minutes.?? are u serious... the texans play 60 minutes of pop warner football and you only talk about it for less then 10 minutes.. this is embarrassing
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #11
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak thinks they're making too many mistakes which means they're asking the players to do too much...might need to simplfy things. I thought we were pretty vanilla yesterday on offense.

Good to hear Kubiak defend the defense saying they played outstanding for three quarters but the offense didn't help them out and they basically wore down in the 4th.

Shoot...that was quick...5 minutes and done. Gary did sound pretty down. Mentioned that the players know who we're playing this week and how they're going to have to be more physical.
Old 09-14-2009   #12
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Kubiak thinks they're making too many mistakes which means they're asking the players to do too much...might need to simplfy things. I thought we were pretty vanilla yesterday.

Good to hear Kubiak defend the defense saying they played outstanding for three quarters but the offense didn't help them out and they basically wore down in the 4th.

Shoot...that was quick...5 minutes. Gary did sound pretty down. Mentioned that the players know who we're playing this week and how they're going to have to be more physical.

After watching the press conference, once again my main frustration is with the freakin' media's inability to ask any follow-up or detailed question. He was there for the taking. If someone would have followed up and asked if running some run counter would help the OL be able to get across the bodies on the Zone Stretch, I think he would have answered it.

Or, how about asking if he thought the simplicity of our protection scheme makes it too easy for a blitzing maniac like Ryan to take advantage of it.

But, instead, it just McClain droning on about silly crap.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #13
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

There were some vague comments on toughness that he dodged but I can't believe no one asked him about the comments Bart Scott made about being a finesse team. Would have loved to hear his thoughts on that.
Old 09-14-2009   #14
Ckw

I am on the verge of checking out. I hate this. I have been a big supporter of Kubiak and have continued to believe that he could get it done. This team better show up on Sunday...
Old 09-14-2009   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

And there you have it: Even Gary Kubiak can't find meaningful answers.

Dunta was dealt with internally? My right shoe would like to deal with Dunta internally, figuratively speaking (of course).

I thought we'd show some fire this year. Wrong. I really truly thought that this was the year that we start out of the gates and get a few wins before we lost a game. Wrong.

No matter what our record, playoffs is now the only thing that keeps him here. And I would wager that playoffs might not save him if McNair is as tired of our poor season openers and first four games of each season as we are.

Week 5 we'll see these guys come alive, and it won't matter to any of us.

This CD has been skipping and buffing it isn't working. It's now a drink coaster.
Old 09-14-2009   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

We didn't have a single snap in the red zone yesterday?

Old 09-14-2009   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
After watching the press conference, once again my main frustration is with the freakin' media's inability to ask any follow-up or detailed question. He was there for the taking. If someone would have followed up and asked if running some run counter would help the OL be able to get across the bodies on the Zone Stretch, I think he would have answered it.

Or, how about asking if he thought the simplicity of our protection scheme makes it too easy for a blitzing maniac like Ryan to take advantage of it.

But, instead, it just McClain droning on about silly crap.
See, I fault Kubiak. He has the microphone. He has the podium.

He needs to say this is what went wrong, and how it went wrong. This is what we're going to focus on in practice. This isn't going to happen next week.

Instead, it's vague and obscure and fleeting answers.

All the signs of a guy who knows he's lost it.
Old 09-14-2009   #18
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post

Nope. Only time we got in there is when Slaton fumbled on that screen.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
We were going to, but Steve fumbled the ball.

We had ZERO RZ opportunities, Vinny.

I mean, seriously. It could have been the single worst offensive performance ever for us. Time of possession, our offensive mistakes, etc.

It was goofy sick.
Old 09-14-2009   #20
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

He answered the questions that were put to him. The team didn't do well enough, particularly on offense. That's all I needed to know.

What I'm concerned/disappointed about is his body language. How the hell is he supposed to fire up a football team looking like Droopy the cartoon dog from my childhood?

"Yeah, so guys, we need to simplify, do things better."

I want a coach who will come out and say "That was a slack-ass game and we will be better, especially on offense, next week." But he just looked beaten.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read