Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2009   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Many of you guys are selling the Jets short

I keep seeing we lost to a rookie QB, etc. Sanchez looked real good in the preseason and unlike what many of you want to think, what you see in the preseason means a lot.

That guy is going to be real good and I think sooner rather than later. The Jets also have a physical team and they reminded me a little of daddy Ryan's Eagles yesterday.

So congrats to the Jets, you guys are going to have a real good season and I think are a lock to be the second best team playing in the Meadowlands (had to get that in being a Giants fan ).

If I am a Jets fan I am pretty excited today.

As for the Texans, it looks like it is going to be the typical garbage again this season. It will probably take them 8 games to get things sorted out and they will win just enough down the stretch to get us fans excited about next season.

The Texans need a good kick in the a**. They are soft as many are saying today and that falls squarely on the coach. I am a fan of tough NFL coaches and I hope the Texans land one some day. You can't argue with the success of the Bill Parcells, Tom Coughlin, and Bill Cowher types. The closest the city of Houston has every had to one of those was Jeff Fisher and look what he has done to that lame brain franchise.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Many of you guys are selling the Jets short

There is no shame in losing to a good team, but how you lose to a team can be quite shameful.
Old 09-14-2009   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
There is no shame in losing to a good team, but how you lose to a team can be quite shameful.
True, I think I am sticking up for the Jets not the Texans. The Jets impressed me yesterday just as much as the Texans disappointed.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, we're all selling the Jets short, they could win their division over the Pats thats how good I think they are.

The problem is I thought we were the better team, too talented and too good on paper to lose this one. I thought since we had all offseason to put together a gameplan that there was no way another 3-4 blitzing team would make us look so awful a la the Ravens game last year.

The overreaction you're seeing from fans and on here is the harsh reality of expectations being shattered. I personally think a lot less of this team just because of yesterday's game, call it an overreaction but does anyone feel as helpless as I do over our staff's lack of preparedness? And this is coming from me, a Kubiak apologist who always defended him and was in his corner. Not anymore.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i never took the jets lighty there D at least

i know we would see Rex ryans Ravens like D but i never excepted it to be 100% full force in wk 1

i didnt except was our Pass rush to be so average

I didnt except there rookie QB to be well BADASS !!!!!!!!!!

i also didnt except our world class Offensive to well just crumble

I did except tho Jenkins making our O line center and guard is personal *****
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #6
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 349 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I agree, we're all selling the Jets short, they could win their division over the Pats thats how good I think they are.

The problem is I thought we were the better team, too talented and too good on paper to lose this one. I thought since we had all offseason to put together a gameplan that there was no way another 3-4 blitzing team would make us look so awful a la the Ravens game last year.

The overreaction you're seeing from fans and on here is the harsh reality of expectations being shattered. I personally think a lot less of this team just because of yesterday's game, call it an overreaction but does anyone feel as helpless as I do over our staff's lack of preparedness? And this is coming from me, a Kubiak apologist who always defended him and was in his corner. Not anymore.
I too thought we were the better team. To be a playoff team you must win your home games and take two or three on the road. The Texans have made it hard on themselves again with the real possibility of going 0-2.
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #7
Livid13
Veteran

Rep Power: 31 Livid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respectedLivid13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I jusyt NOW can post. Our o-line was gang r***d. Our D played their best in the second half, obviously. We need to REALLY get our collective S**T together, before next Sunday !
Old 09-14-2009   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Yeah, I don't think anyone is really selling the Jets short. I just think they're extremely disappointed int he Texans. The Jets are a good football team, and if they'd won a competitive game, it would just be hats off to them.

Hell, a few of our posters have switched over to Jets avatars, in fact. Thorn has been waffling between a couple different avs.
Old 09-14-2009   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I figured the Jets would win but I figured the Texans would compete. Looks like I got it 50/50 on that one.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I am just waiting for the co-ordinators to turn the players loose and run the true game plan. We can't play for real yet but pretty soon the real season will start and ya'll are going to be pretty pleased....
Old 09-14-2009   #11
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody is selling the Jets short. They're ok, but they're not that good fellas. They'll be lucky if they win 1 out of the next 4 games they play. That will make the Texans look just that much worse than they are. The Pats are going to smoke them next week. Sanchez is going to look like a rookie and Ryan will look like a rookie HC. Face it, our team just flat out sucks right now.
Texan JBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #12
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I got nervous on Saturday. I watched the AFC Playbook show on NFL Network and they talked about the game. That's the first time I had a chance to watch the Jets from this preseason and they looked really tough. The preseason stats on defense were off the chart, so I had a sickening feeling that they would give us a fit. IIRC, they were pretty much ranked in the top 5 of every defensive category of the preseason. Most of their ranking was 1 & 2. I think they'll give a lot of teams a fit this year. I don't think they'll go to the super bowl, but I do think they're good enough to get to the post season.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Exactly! Had we played good ball and looked anywhere near halfway decent people wouldn't be so pissed. It's how bad we played and how uprepared we looked that makes it scary. And BTW puts it squarely on Kubiak's shoulders, he had months to prepare and understand the Jets strengths and weaknesses, plus 4 preseason games as well.....scary. A loss is not as hard to endure (it's still hard) if you play well and it just wasn't good enough, like say the titans loss to the steelers.

To the point of the thread, the Jets are going to be a pretty good team, and I think they have a bright future, a good young QB and very good defense. I still think our team should be just as good though.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 09-14-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
True, I think I am sticking up for the Jets not the Texans. The Jets impressed me yesterday just as much as the Texans disappointed.
I'll say, the Jets looked very good, but we were SOOOOO awfull. Epically awfull. Worst game in team history.
Old 09-14-2009   #15
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not selling the Jets short. They obviously came to play and the Texans didn't.

I think what's causing the uproar really is how utterly lost and terrible this team looked as a whole. The Jets didn't win they creamed us.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #16
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post

I feel exactly the same way. The lack of adjustments by Kubiak is the most depressing thing about yesterday. I am beginning to get the feeling the guy just doesn't have IT.
Old 09-14-2009   #17
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I am just waiting for the co-ordinators to turn the players loose and run the true game plan. We can't play for real yet but pretty soon the real season will start and ya'll are going to be pretty pleased....
Is this a joke?
Old 09-14-2009   #18
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jets next four games are against the Pats, Titans, Saints, and Dolphins. I can just about guarantee that they'll be 1-4 after Week 5. Honestly, we're giving the Jets too much credit and not giving the Texans enough blame if that's conceivable.
Texan JBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #19
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Is this a joke?

I think he is just parroting the pre-season comments made here.

I think.

Old 09-14-2009   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Jets are going to be a strong team.. I think people are forgetting .. Ellis is coming back this week and Pace is coming back in 3 more weeks.. just more toys for Ryan ...

time will tell if the jets are 1-4 ,2-3 or whatever

answers are going to lie with Mark Sanchez at the helm and that Offense
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read