Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2009   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default What did we do to the football Gods to deserve this?

Why oh why does Houston football teams have to break our hearts? :-(

I grew up watching the Oilers be on the wrong end of the greatest comeback in NFL history and then I also watched them be on the receiving end of Joe Montana's last playoff comeback. Now i'm all grown up and ready to be a nice shiny happy Houston pro football fan again after Bud Adams raped my childhood and i've had to put up with this crap? Which football god's sister did the city of Houston rape to deserve this?

PS: Anyone else tired of seeing the Denver prodigy get out coached by any solid defensive guru and watch him not be able to get his team ready to play consistently?
Old 09-14-2009   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 62699 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What did we do to the football Gods to deserve this?

31 teams are disappointed every single season. Such is the life of a sports fan.
Old 09-14-2009   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

It's who we are. Period.

I still can't believe the Rockets actually sucked it up and were able to win two titles. I think we might have withdrawn our whole sports "money" from the bank account on those two titles.

The sun'll come out...tomorrow...bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow....YOU'RE ALWAYS A DAYYYY AWAYYYYYYY...
Old 09-14-2009   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 311961 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've reached the conclusion that the stadiums are build on ancient Indian burial grounds. The Oilers were the definition of futility until they moved to Tennessee, where they quickly reached the Super Bowl (on the Curse of Bud prevented them from winning it). The Astros never could get over the hump until they moved to Minutemaid, and they've seen a World Series within the first decade of being there. So it should come as no surprise that the Texans, built from the ground up at that site, where the front office resides, and where they practice, have been nothing but futile.

We need to hire a Native American shaman to exorcise that place. Maybe bring in a Catholic priest, voodoo priestess, a Rabbi, and a Buddhist monk for back up. It's our only hope!

Old 09-14-2009   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I think we need to bring an offering from the Oiler's greatest nemesis. We need to go out and get Bill Cowher to change the culture of this team and give us a Steelers like dynasty!!!
Old 09-14-2009   #6
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I've reached the conclusion that the stadiums are build on ancient Indian burial grounds. The Oilers were the definition of futility until they moved to Tennessee, where they quickly reached the Super Bowl (on the Curse of Bud prevented them from winning it). The Astros never could get over the hump until they moved to Minutemaid, and they've seen a World Series within the first decade of being there. So it should come as no surprise that the Texans, built from the ground up at that site, where the front office resides, and where they practice, have been nothing but futile.

We need to hire a Native American shaman to exorcise that place. Maybe bring in a Catholic priest, voodoo priestess, a Rabbi, and a Buddhist monk for back up. It's our only hope!

Dunno if it's our only hope, but hell at this point I'm willing to try it.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #7
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 116197 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: What did we do to the football Gods to deserve this?

Can we just bring Bud back to Houston and sacrifice HIM on the grounds?
Old 09-14-2009   #8
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Why oh why does Houston football teams have to break our hearts? :-(

I grew up watching the Oilers be on the wrong end of the greatest comeback in NFL history and then I also watched them be on the receiving end of Joe Montana's last playoff comeback. Now i'm all grown up and ready to be a nice shiny happy Houston pro football fan again after Bud Adams raped my childhood and i've had to put up with this crap? Which football god's sister did the city of Houston rape to deserve this?

PS: Anyone else tired of seeing the Denver prodigy get out coached by any solid defensive guru and watch him not be able to get his team ready to play consistently?
Everything you've said here perfectly sums up my life experiences as a Houston football fan.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

It goes back to the Love Ya Blue days.

We had an owner that fired Bum.

Now we have an owner that only hires bums.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #10
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Its week 1
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #11
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 09-14-2009   #12
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

I just don't know...and the bigger questions is, I don't know why we keep coming back for more.

As the first half ended yesterday and I was moping around the house in frustration, my wife (who I have been married to for three years now) asked, "Why do you continue to watch? You never are happy when you watch these games." Not only do I not have a good response, I find myself drawn to the message board to keep the frustration of the last week's game alive.

It is funny, I think what I love most about our team is the off-season, although in the off-season, I can't wait for the football season. Obviously, this is because in the off-season there is optimism about the next season. Before we see a snap, we can hope and believe that this will be the year, our defense will be dominant, the new free agent that we pick up is going to make all the difference.

I don't see it happening soon, but I sometimes wonder how much longer I can see myself following something that never brings all that much satisfaction. When will I trade watching footballs games that don't make me happy (at least from the perspective of the person that knows me best) to find something else to do with my time? If there is a move to change the coaching staff, will I have the stomach to sit through another "reubilding" year...or years.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #13
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

I know you are joking, but I really wouldn't be opposed to this. Right now, I am willing to try anything if it means this team might actually become something...
Old 09-14-2009   #14
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Like my wife said this morning: it's like your girlfriend leaving you every week. You're crushed right after the game and feel dumped on the next day. It really is painful and heartbreaking.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #15
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Can we just bring Bud back to Houston and sacrifice HIM on the grounds?
That might just do the trick. I say we go for it.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #16
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

We as fans have been to patient. It is time to stand up and let it be known we are not going to except mediocracy anymore! No more buying jerseys, no more buying expensive season tickets or anything Texans related until such prodduct is worthy!
Old 09-14-2009   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Its that pimple called the astrodome that sits next to Relient Stadium its cursing us ...... WE must laser guide bomb it at once and turn that section into another Texans Fan zone or parking lot
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 62699 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
We as fans have been to patient. It is time to stand up and let it be known we are not going to except mediocracy anymore! No more buying jerseys, no more buying expensive season tickets or anything Texans related until such prodduct is worthy!
Doesn't this make you a bandwagon fan? Only supporting the team during winning years?
Old 09-14-2009   #19
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I don't know if your being sarcastic or not, but to me it's entertainment and my hobby rolled into one. I'm not planning on any kind of strike on tickets or merchandise.

I lived through the worst years the Oilers had to offer, so I can surely stomach this.
Old 09-14-2009   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 109743 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: What did we do to the football Gods to deserve this?
I was born in Houston. Houston sports in general will drive one to drinkin

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read