Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-14-2009   #1
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Jets are 2009's 2008 Ravens

It's the one thing that I keep telling myself. Baltimore was masterful last year with its brilliant defense and an offense designed to make sure a rookie qb doesn't fail. Rex Ryan was a huge part of that team and took over a defense that was already one of the best, and simply took a page from Harbaugh's offense. Add to that the fact that Sanchez is better than Flacco, and you'll see that the Jets become this year's darlings.

This doesn't change the fact that the Texans played like crap and let them kick us around in our own house, but at least we can take some solace in the fact that the Jets were not pushovers. I think the Texans coaches may have overlooked the Jets in preparation for the Titans. Let's hope that's the case and we're prepared to go in and sneak one past a really pissed off Titans team.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #2
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Jets are 2009's 2008 Ravens

On the real I'm going to be pissed if Sanchez is 2009's Alex Smith
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #3
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha! That's too funny. Over the next 3-4 weeks, the Jets will be getting the crap kicked out of them and Sanchez will look like the rookie he is instead of the seasoned vet the sorry ass Texans D made him look like yesterday. I'm just really pissed with the Texans. I'm tired of wasting my Sundays on them. I can't even begin to tell you how many of the type of games that happened yesterday occur with this team. They're as soft as cottonelle and I don't see much changing about that.
Texan JBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1
I think the Texans coaches may have overlooked the Jets in preparation for the Titans. Let's hope that's the case and we're prepared to go in and sneak one past a really pissed off Titans team.
Why would "we" hope that it's the case that the Texans coaches overlooked the season opening game? That doesn't seem like a good thing in any way to me.
Old 09-14-2009   #5
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, and last year we got our asses handed to us by the super bowl champs. Doesn't change the fact that we are soft and cannot hang with the big boys.

We need some fire in the belly, for some reason we are missing this.
Old 09-14-2009   #6
l_j_r
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
It's the one thing that I keep telling myself. Baltimore was masterful last year with its brilliant defense and an offense designed to make sure a rookie qb doesn't fail. Rex Ryan was a huge part of that team and took over a defense that was already one of the best, and simply took a page from Harbaugh's offense. Add to that the fact that Sanchez is better than Flacco, and you'll see that the Jets become this year's darlings.

... i hope you're right on this ...

... we definitely have talent on the defensive side of the ball ... led by jenkins, who truly is the essense of the word BEAST ... a big change with rex is he was not afraid to take chances and bring it and see if schaub could beat him ...

... next week against bill belichick, tom brady, randy moss, & wes welker will place a big spotlight on whether the jets D has a chance to be elite or will just be good ...

... rex basically has let brian schottenheimer (the OC) have total control over the offensive side of the ball ... and besides sanchez and stuckey at #2 wr who are both new, everyone else played workman-like and solid on that side of the ball last year ...

l_j_r
l_j_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #7
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember when we use to be good on opening day. I guess teams would overlook us.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2009   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember when the Texans made a harvard backup QB look like the second coming of Joe Montana? Lets wait a few weeks until we crown the Jets
Old 09-14-2009   #9
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Why would "we" hope that it's the case that the Texans coaches overlooked the season opening game? That doesn't seem like a good thing in any way to me.
I'm not saying that's "good" in any way. I'm just trying to be optimistic about the team's season. To overlook one team is stupid, but forgivable if it's a fluke and not the norm.
Old 09-22-2009   #10
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Quote:

This doesn't change the fact that the Texans played like crap and let them kick us around in our own house, but at least we can take some solace in the fact that the Jets were not pushovers. I think the Texans coaches may have overlooked the Jets in preparation for the Titans. Let's hope that's the case and we're prepared to go in and sneak one past a really pissed off Titans team.
I just wanted to say...I TOLD YOU SO.
Old 09-22-2009   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just wanted to say...I TOLD YOU SO.

You didn't really tell us anything. There is no way you can tell if Sanchez is better than Flacco. The Jets beat a depleted Pats team with significant injuries by 7 points.

Sanchez has been a darling since before he played one game.

Nothing has really changed at all.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read