Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2009   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default BUT BUT BUT....It's only preseason....gag.

I swear to god......I'm going off on the next ***** who tries to play the "preseason" card! Y'all can keep that crap to yourselves. Everything we watched and worried about during this preseason happened. But but but..

We got gashed for runs......Slaton is FAT (ignore it all yall want).....and we can't stop the run.

The Lions going 4-0 last preseason was the worst thing that could've happened....because it caused IDIOTS to reference that crap....which is sad

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-14-2009 at 02:58 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BUT BUT BUT....It's only preseason....gag.

the league knows we are soft.

Quote:
“What we want to do is get hands on them and be physical,” linebacker Bart Scott said. “That's how you beat a finesse team.”
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...e/6617303.html

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Yep.....we're soft

no denying it.
Old 09-14-2009   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

where the hell are all the "preseason" dopes....

Slaton can't carry his own weight

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-14-2009 at 06:20 AM.
Old 09-14-2009   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
where the hell are all the "preseason" dopes?

Show yourselves, I mean...but...

most of them are asleep. I'd be asleep also but I just cleaned up the .com's board and it took a little too much time reading different versions of "my post can beat up your post", to suit my tastes tonight. A few meanies and first time cussers tickling the keyboards tonight.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #6
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
I swear to god......I'm going off on the next ***** who tries to play the "preseason" card! Y'all can keep that crap to yourselves. Everything we watched and worried about during this preseason happened. But but but..

We got gashed for runs......Slaton is FAT (ignore it all yall want).....and we can't stop the run.

The Lions going 4-0 last preseason was the worst thing that could've happened....because it caused IDIOTS to reference that crap....which is sad
Thank you for saying what I have been thinking so well
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #7
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Offense and defense if you ask me.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2009   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 201352 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Offense and defense if you ask me.
I was one of "them" that was flamed for criticiziing the"preseason" argument; Dunta's motivations and remaining abilities-to-money ratio; bad, soft-looking, non-tackling D; STs play; Slaton's weight gain-to-perfomance ratio; schaub's injury readiness and overall ability to lead this offense; the team's discipline (poor execution, penalties and taunting????) in general and it's contribution assigned to the coach; the play calling by the O.............It's time to see what is there..........NOT what we all WANT to see...........that does not make for bad fans..........just realistic ones.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 09-14-2009 at 06:48 AM.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

yikes, how many of these threads are we going to have now?
Old 09-14-2009   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

We did not get run on the way New Orleans & Minnesota ran on us. We stopped the run up the middle, on all but two plays, and they tried to run up the gut a lot more than that.

Pass defense sucked. That's a hold over from the pre-season, that we don't seem to have done much about. & our pass rush looked worse than it did in the pre-season.

Offensively, our starters looked much worse than it did in the preseason. Our pass pro looked much worse. I don't think there was anything this pre-season, that hinted our passing game was going to be so inept.

Running the ball..... yep. We're still making the same mistakes that killed our running game for the last two years. But for some reason the coaches can't get a hold of it. & the fans blast the only two linemen that are doing what they're supposed to be doing, Myers & Briesel.

I still agree, that Wins & Losses don't mean squat in the pre-season. But if you're not playing good fundamental football (i.e. tackling) then that is the time to address it. We didn't.
Old 09-14-2009   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Preseason and the first game of the season don't mean anything.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #12
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, me I guess. I wasn't terrified because I thought we had some guys that could play real football when real football started up....I swear we used to have a guy named Andre Johnson on the team. And an Oline that was starting to look up.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #13
JamesC
Lumberjack

Send a message via Yahoo to JamesC

A finesse football team should be an oxymoron.
JamesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #14
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

The only dopes are people who think pre-season football=regular season football. It's not the same game.

The Texans sucked yesterday because they suck, not because they sucked in pre-season where 22-25 or so players played who were not on the team Sunday.

The pre-season isn't a precursor to anything no matter how much the Texans make it seem that way.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #15
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

NEWSFLASH - the Texans have been soft for three seasons now. Maybe more. Nothing new. If you are soft and you lose, you're soft. If you're soft and you somehow win 8 games two years in a row - you're a finesse team.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
most of them are asleep. I'd be asleep also but I just cleaned up the .com's board and it took a little too much time reading different versions of "my post can beat up your post", to suit my tastes tonight. A few meanies and first time cussers tickling the keyboards tonight.
"tickling the keyboards" Ha, that's pretty funny.

Old 09-14-2009   #17
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Unfortunately we were right about how Slaton was looking. Not only has his burst looked slow, but the guy isn't finding holes and is dancing around for some reason now. Hopefully he turns it around though. Unfortunately I doubt it happens against the Titans.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #18
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
A finesse football team should be an oxymoron.
Agreed.

That's like saying "cut-throat synchronized swimming" or "smashmouth ballet".
Old 09-14-2009   #19
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the defense looked a worlds better on 1st and 2nd down compared to preseason...3rd down not so much
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #20
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Slaton's poor performance had more to do with the O-line than Slaton himself. Our O-line sucks. I agree with you about the folks that claim "it's only preseason" as an excuse for poor play. If you practice like crap your going to play like crap. This game was an embarassment. They had 6 weeks to prepare for this game and knew last year that the O-line sucked but did nothing to fix it. This loss is on the coaching staff, very poor preperation.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read