Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-14-2009   #21
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans fans... WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I actually was impressed with how much of the stadium was wearing white. It was very loud in the first quarter, until fans realized that it didn't matter how loud we yelled during third down, the Jets were going to convert at a rate of 55% (though it felt higher).

But yeah, you can't go to the Club Level and expect it to feel like a football game. Which it wasn't, but still.

So was I Steph! A lot of fans got the message and wore white. The others either just don't care, or they own one Texan jersey and intend to wear it regardless.

As for fights? If you are a PSL owner you better control the fans who sit in your seats. The guy who sits in front of me got a taste of the Texans rath after the Vikes game. His friend got into a verbal shouting match with another fan, over something silly, a lot of four letter words were exchanged, almost a fight, but, it got stopped by other fans. Someone reported him. He got a phone call from the Texans on Tuesday with pretty much a threat of losing his PSLs because cursing and shooting the finger is not acceptable. They told him they would be watching him. Well, the guy who owns the seats didn't do anything, but, he got the blame, and the threat. I have NO idea how it works with Stub Hub or E-Bay.

BTW: The yellow shirt did NOTHING! He stood at the end of the row with his sunglasses on and watched the game on the big screen. He was totally oblivious to the encounter, as he has been to other encounters in section 116. If anyone needed to be reported, it was him. JMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #22
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if anyone called on the guy in Sec 123 row A about that "Let's give Mark a dirty Sanchez" poster he was holding up....the cheerleaders gave him disgusted looks, but thats about it...the guy in yellow with the cheerleaders did nothing....
Old 09-14-2009   #23
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 70160 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

It's really pretty simple;

when this team wins football games you won't have to beg fans to be in their seats or be loud. They'll be there.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #24
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 349 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

I take full responsibility for the loss yesterday, since I don't buy into the silly-ass, kindergartenish Liberty White, Battle Red or Steel Blue days, I didn't wear white. Plus I didn't stay to the end of the game, for the same reason I don't stop to look at car wrecks. Yea...........
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #25
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I "think" they cut them down in half, but still asking us to pay the same $7 for a beer. I've got the cups from last year, they're twice as tall. Same diameter, but shorter.

The same is true for the cups for sodas.

IMHO, if they want to get fans in the seats early, they need to make it happy hour from 11 to kick off. $2 drinks.
$2 from 11-12????? NOW THATS AN IDEA!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2009   #26
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
I wonder if anyone called on the guy in Sec 123 row A about that "Let's give Mark a dirty Sanchez" poster he was holding up....the cheerleaders gave him disgusted looks, but thats about it...the guy in yellow with the cheerleaders did nothing....
I did not even know what this was, just looked it up on wikipedia and wish I never knew, and then there is the part about Screech from saved by the bell........I think I might need to puke and find away to unlearn this.
Old 09-14-2009   #27
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68181 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

I get annoyed with people who are upset that fans don't buy enough colors of jerseys. Just because the team went with some crazy rainbow of uniforms where they flip a coin to figure their colors for the day doesn't mean that the average fan can afford to.

Want all the fans to be consistent and wear the same colors? Have the team be consistent and wear the same colors. The reason fans in other towns can remember what color to wear is their team always wears the same colors. Imagine if the Steelers went with black, white, and just for fun fuschia. And you aren't a real fan unless you eschew the black and gold for the pink.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2009   #28
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The "wear one color" works great for college games..when you watch some of the big games on TV the stands are an ocean usually of the home team colors.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #29
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I get annoyed with people who are upset that fans don't buy enough colors of jerseys. Just because the team went with some crazy rainbow of uniforms where they flip a coin to figure their colors for the day doesn't mean that the average fan can afford to.

Want all the fans to be consistent and wear the same colors? Have the team be consistent and wear the same colors. The reason fans in other towns can remember what color to wear is their team always wears the same colors. Imagine if the Steelers went with black, white, and just for fun fuschia. And you aren't a real fan unless you eschew the black and gold for the pink.
I have a blue DeMeco Ryans jersey but my wife has a white Ahman Green jersey. I wore it yesterday despite it being too small and has a permanent lipstick stain on it. I'm dreading battle red day because my 7 year old son has a Red Schaub jersey...

I'm a fan.
Old 09-14-2009   #30
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68181 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I have a blue DeMeco Ryans jersey but my wife has a white Ahman Green jersey. I wore it yesterday despite it being too small and has a permanent lipstick stain on it. I'm dreading battle red day because my 7 year old son has a Red Schaub jersey...

I'm a fan.
lol. You may luck out if you get there in time for a free T shirt. Don't want you to have to dress like a teenage girl in a belly shirt.
Old 09-14-2009   #31
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not picking on you DanB, but c'mon. How many people don't own a WHITE shirt? In the case of the Texans, the colors are Red, White & Blue. I've seen those colors on a couple of flags somewhere, I just can't put my finger on it...

Now Jags fans OTOH...well, just dress like a tarp.
Old 09-14-2009   #32
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I think everyone who thinks or posts stuff like this should just show up at the game with posters that read "Thank you sir, may I have another?"
Old 09-14-2009   #33
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Not picking on you DanB, but c'mon. How many people don't own a WHITE shirt? In the case of the Texans, the colors are Red, White & Blue. I've seen those colors on a couple of flags somewhere, I just can't put my finger on it...

Right but my point is that when the Texans sometimes wear blue and sometimes wear white and sometimes wear red if it's a big game, no one knows what the heck to wear on a given day. The Cowboys and Steelers wear white at home. The Packers wear green. The Texans should always wear one color at home. I kind of prefer the red, but frankly I don't care (unless it's teal) as long as they stick with it. I'm just saying when the appear to randomly choose what color to wear they shouldn't be shocked when fans do the same.
Old 09-14-2009   #34
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right but my point is that when the Texans sometimes wear blue and sometimes wear white and sometimes wear red if it's a big game, no one knows what the heck to wear on a given day. The Cowboys and Steelers wear white at home. The Packers wear green. The Texans should always wear one color at home. I kind of prefer the red, but frankly I don't care (unless it's teal) as long as they stick with it. I'm just saying when the appear to randomly choose what color to wear they shouldn't be shocked when fans do the same.

The Texans website tells you what Jerseys they will be wearing that day....(too lazy to post it, but its there trust me)
Old 09-14-2009   #35
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
The Texans website tells you what Jerseys they will be wearing that day....(too lazy to post it, but its there trust me)
I'm sure it is. But other teams don't need a website to tell their fans what to wear that day. When they wear an alternate, it is promoted in ads and otherwise made clear to the fans or they hand out T shirts for the game. Otherwise they wear what they always wear.
Old 09-14-2009   #36
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 70160 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

OMG!!! Why is this such a big freaking deal?? Who gives a flying flip what people are wearing and what the damn stadium looks like? Are you serious?

FWIW and for as much complaining as there is about the guy who wore blue, I thought the crowd looked pretty damn white. Mission accomplished for you folks worried about that crap.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #37
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm sure it is. But other teams don't need a website to tell their fans what to wear that day. When they wear an alternate, it is promoted in ads and otherwise made clear to the fans or they hand out T shirts for the game. Otherwise they wear what they always wear.
Man ... if I didn't know better I'd think this was a ploy to buy more gear .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #38
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
It's really pretty simple;

when this team wins football games you won't have to beg fans to be in their seats or be loud. They'll be there.
IF ONLY more fans had wore Surrender White...errrr....I mean Liberty White, the team could have been inspired to pay better.

yeah, riiiiiiight.

I have reached the conclusion that nothing the fans do makes much of a difference to the players on the field. "Homefield advantage" only works for good teams that inspire their fans, not the other way around.

Cheering "another Houston Texans first down!" in a blowout does a lot for confidence, too. [/sarcasm]

Quote:

I agree with old-school tradition. But I'm not the modern ADD-fan that this marketing company...errr...football franchise is selling to apparently, because I find the whole idea of rotating jerseys to be goofy and Bush League. JMO

Quote:

Not picking on you disaacks, but how many established winning teams have six different uniform combinations for eight home games? When you turn on the tv, you know if the Steelers are home or away because of their jerseys. Tradition is established through winning, not through marketing.

And what difference does it make what color anyone wears? It does not matter to players, so it's the Queer Eye for the Football Guy fans that seem to get whiny over the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
OMG!!! Why is this such a big freaking deal?? Who gives a flying flip what people are wearing and what the damn stadium looks like? Are you serious?

FWIW and for as much complaining as there is about the guy who wore blue, I thought the crowd looked pretty damn white. Mission accomplished for you folks worried about that crap.
Straight up. I'm only wearing my custom blue jersey to games, and I could give a rat's ass if I'm color coordinating with other fans and what the football players are made to wear. It's utter nonsense for this to even be an issue when you have a team that is traditionally lousy.
Old 09-14-2009   #39
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Cheering "another Houston Texans first down!" in a blowout does a lot for confidence, too. [/sarcasm]
But we all had big "Liberty White" fingers! Except it was the wrong finger.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #40
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Not picking on you disaacks, but how many established winning teams have six different uniform combinations for eight home games? When you turn on the tv, you know if the Steelers are home or away because of their jerseys. Tradition is established through winning, not through marketing.

Yeah, yeah I know. That includes their throw-back AFL unis.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read