Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-14-2009   #1
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston Texans fans... WOW!

I have seats in the Bullpen but had my first chance to sit in the club level (section 334). Why do people pay to sit on a couch to watch the game on TV and pay for high priced concessions? I bet 60% of my section were in their seats at any given time. Early in the first we had a third and 5, I stood and was making noise, the few people that were in their seats looked at me like I was crazy! Give me HEAT, give me SUN, but please give me the BULLPEN FANS! No pot shots against other sections or levels, but the club level was LOADED with "T-sips".... no pun intended Longhorn fans. LOWER the ticket prices and get fans into the damn seats! Make it affordable for the average fan that WANTS to be there!

Are the people in Houston STUPID? Why did I see red jerseys, blue jerseys, and just whatever on WHITE OUT DAY? How freaking hard is it to wear something white? The Texans did not do their part today, but the Texans fans did not either!!!!!!!!

Bob, I have been with you since day 1. You expect a return on your investment, SO DO THE TEXANS FANS! I have taken your ticket prices skyrocketing since 2002 and my paking pass has almost doubled in price. I keep thinking ONE day we are going to turn the corner. You sold us on a first class organization in 2002 and I believed you. The confidence is starting to wander. You have a coach and QB that is still unproven (BILL COWHER where are you?). Now you have a cornerback that is making close to $10,000,000 for playing 16 games and he has the balls to write, PAY ME RICK" on his shoes??????? Its just getting sad that the middle class people that sacrifice to be in the seats for you is having to endure this time and time again. You have to get this stuff fixed and soon!

Texan fans..... get in your seats and BE THE HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE! We can ***** and moan all we want, but from 12-3PM get there early, be loud, and stay late! Lets make this a bump in the road..... not a TRAIN WRECK!

Sorry...... had to vent!
Old 09-14-2009   #2
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans fans... WOW!

Welcome to my life in the club level.

I dont think blaming Bob has anything to do what you are angry about, perhaps blame the NFL who have made it where the league/teams make money from suites/club levels.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

well for one i also m usually the only one cheering even when we are getting our but kicked

- 1 There are ALOT !!! of familys/casuals that go 2 the games and older people and they usually stay pretty quite

-ALOT of KIds 12 years of age or younger while some make nosie others dont fully grasp it yet

- After 7 years of Lows some fans are getting tired ... just tired and not caring about getting loud

But for me i try to pump up the crowd and i usually try and make has much noise but iam only one person in a sea of people

i think in due time when winning happens the crowds will get louder

I just wish tho i see the Pittsburg games the Chicago games and heck now even the Oakland games and there fans i get Jealous
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Pretty classy move with the souvenir cups eh??
Old 09-14-2009   #5
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28283 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone whines "show up in your seats by kickoff". Why, when the team never bothers to show up until at least October? The fans aren't perfect, but we are better than this team of no-effort quitting losers deserves.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Pretty classy move with the souvenir cups eh??
What do you think they did with the cups? I'd be prepared to back up any accusations that you may be going to make.
Old 09-14-2009   #7
Athlon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
I have seats in the Bullpen but had my first chance to sit in the club level (section 334). Why do people pay to sit on a couch to watch the game on TV and pay for high priced concessions? I bet 60% of my section were in their seats at any given time. Early in the first we had a third and 5, I stood and was making noise, the few people that were in their seats looked at me like I was crazy! Give me HEAT, give me SUN, but please give me the BULLPEN FANS! No pot shots against other sections or levels, but the club level was LOADED with "T-sips".... no pun intended Longhorn fans. LOWER the ticket prices and get fans into the damn seats! Make it affordable for the average fan that WANTS to be there!

Are the people in Houston STUPID? Why did I see red jerseys, blue jerseys, and just whatever on WHITE OUT DAY? How freaking hard is it to wear something white? The Texans did not do their part today, but the Texans fans did not either!!!!!!!!

Bob, I have been with you since day 1. You expect a return on your investment, SO DO THE TEXANS FANS! I have taken your ticket prices skyrocketing since 2002 and my paking pass has almost doubled in price. I keep thinking ONE day we are going to turn the corner. You sold us on a first class organization in 2002 and I believed you. The confidence is starting to wander. You have a coach and QB that is still unproven (BILL COWHER where are you?). Now you have a cornerback that is making close to $10,000,000 for playing 16 games and he has the balls to write, PAY ME RICK" on his shoes??????? Its just getting sad that the middle class people that sacrifice to be in the seats for you is having to endure this time and time again. You have to get this stuff fixed and soon!

Texan fans..... get in your seats and BE THE HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE! We can ***** and moan all we want, but from 12-3PM get there early, be loud, and stay late! Lets make this a bump in the road..... not a TRAIN WRECK!

Sorry...... had to vent!

The same thing happened to me last year.I was sitting with my father-in-Law in the club level when we played the Bengals last year...There was a play I saw Andre Wide open. I jumped and screamed AJ"S OPEN!!!! I had multiple people turn and look at me like i disturbed them...I actually had the person in front of me give me a dirty look because he was on his cell phone...Excuse me I thought I was at an NFL game..

I haven't sat with him since and not planning on it...Those Stuck up people can enjoy on there leather couches and I will enjoy sitting near the top screaming my head off and cheering for my football team...Everyone around me seems to be doing the same....

Shame to have Yuppies ruin the fun because they don't want to be bothered by some person" cheering" for there team..

And I have to also agree most of them do sit inside and watch it on Tv. Why the hell would you do that?? Pay all that money to sit on a couch and watch it on TV..I'm really good at that during away games.

Just my 2Cents.

Athlon
Athlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2009   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Everyone whines "show up in your seats by kickoff". Why, when the team never bothers to show up until at least October? The fans aren't perfect, but we are better than this team of no-effort quitting losers deserves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
What do you think they did with the cups? I'd be prepared to back up any accusations that you may be going to make.
I "think" they cut them down in half, but still asking us to pay the same $7 for a beer. I've got the cups from last year, they're twice as tall. Same diameter, but shorter.

The same is true for the cups for sodas.

IMHO, if they want to get fans in the seats early, they need to make it happy hour from 11 to kick off. $2 drinks.
Old 09-14-2009   #9
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I "think" they cut them down in half, but still asking us to pay the same $7 for a beer. I've got the cups from last year, they're twice as tall. Same diameter, but shorter.

The same is true for the cups for sodas.
The beer cups are two ounces smaller but the soda souvenir cups are not. Fill up a cup from last season and pour it into this season's cup. I did that after the Saints game. I was like... what thuhhhh.... The cups look smaller! They're actually shorter but they're larger in diameter. They hold exactly the same amount of soda as they did last season.

I'm not much of a beer drinker myself but I do like my sodas and I hate paying 5.75 for a fountain drink. I was ready to raise heck about the size of the cups myself.
Old 09-14-2009   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of fans, who got their ass kicked (or what happened) about halfway up 116/117?
Old 09-14-2009   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Speaking of fans, who got their ass kicked (or what happened) about halfway up 116/117?
That was a melee whatever it was
Old 09-14-2009   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
The beer cups are two ounces smaller but the soda souvenir cups are not. Fill up a cup from last season and pour it into this season's cup. I did that after the Saints game. I was like... what thuhhhh.... The cups look smaller! They're actually shorter but they're larger in diameter. They hold exactly the same amount of soda as they did last season.

I'm not much of a beer drinker myself but I do like my sodas and I hate paying 5.75 for a fountain drink. I was ready to raise heck about the size of the cups myself.
I guess I'll try the "scientific method" when I get home. But they definitely look smaller.

& 2 ounces is still 2 ounces.
Old 09-14-2009   #13
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
That was a melee whatever it was
I wonder if there was one in Sec 124, I was in row K there, and there was a Jets fan there with a Naimath jersey flipping folks off and giving us the "shush" sign....a few folks were not having it....I left after the last Jets TD so i'm curious if anything happened down there too.
Old 09-14-2009   #14
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually was impressed with how much of the stadium was wearing white. It was very loud in the first quarter, until fans realized that it didn't matter how loud we yelled during third down, the Jets were going to convert at a rate of 55% (though it felt higher).

But yeah, you can't go to the Club Level and expect it to feel like a football game. Which it wasn't, but still.
Old 09-14-2009   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
I wonder if there was one in Sec 124, I was in row K there, and there was a Jets fan there with a Naimath jersey flipping folks off and giving us the "shush" sign....a few folks were not having it....I left after the last Jets TD so i'm curious if anything happened down there too.
I am in Section 124 Row M and left after they went up 17-0. Where was Naimath?
Old 09-14-2009   #16
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

TexansFight, you entered the Grey Poupon Zone.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #17
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I am in Section 124 Row M and left after they went up 17-0. Where was Naimath?
I think Naimath guy showed up with the girl in the pink Sanchez jersey and she was whooping it up too at the crowd....they were a few down around maybe row H or I in like seat 12 or so....he and she were really **ssing off folks....
Old 09-14-2009   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

They showed Joe Namath on TV and it looked like he had a seat in the crowd.

Kind of surprising...none of the Jets higher ups would let him sit in their suite?

and on another Joe note..he looks VERY old and feeble. Too many decades of alcoholism I guess.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 66612 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
If you see an opposing fan doing that, narc them out to the yellow shirts or call the fan hotline.

I had the worst case scenario. There are two stubhub seats in front of mine that usually have opposing fans in them. Yesterday, fans sitting there wearing their Jets jerseys were clearly idiots because they would cheer the loudest when their team was on offense.

After one of the TDs, the guy turned around to high five me. He is lucky to still have a hand. Then after a late stupid TD, he turns around and pats me and my friend on the knee in celebration. I gave him the verbal whatfor. He says, hey it's okay, I'm from Dallas. He is very lucky that laser beams do not shoot out of my eyeballs. Actually, the entire Texans team and coaching staff should feel fortunate as well.

Cowboy fan pseudo Jets fan. Blurgh.

If he had cussed or anything, I would have totally narced him out. But then again, he wasn't in his seats much because he was all about getting food.
Old 09-14-2009   #20
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was impressed with the fans I was sitting around, my first time sitting in the bull pen as well, until the mass exodus that is, I stayed to the clock said all 0's, but I am beginning to wonder why I do this to myself. Getting up at the butt crack of dawn, driving 3 hours each way, spending my hard earned money just to be let down over and over. Granted I don't drive in for every game, like some do from the Austin area, so I imagine they are more frustrated than me.

Too many lows and not enough highs with this team. Kubiak did not have this team ready to play yesterday plain and simple, they looked terrible. Kubiak is definitely on the hot seat after that egg they laid yesterday.

They are still my team and I still bleed battle red, and typically after a loss I am upset for a couple of days and really gets me down. But at least when we lose after playing well and fighting hard I can take some comfort in that. When we lose like we did yesterday, when we show up with no heart, it's a huge sign that we are just that mediocre team we have been. I am still going to watch every game, but my expectations are very low for the season now and I will do my best to not let it get to me. Hell, I have been the only one at my job representing the Texans, trying to convert fans over who don't have a team, etc, it's pretty embarassing when they stink up the place.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read