Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2009   #1
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Its time for McNair to give up day-to-day control of team to his sons

We are in year 8 and we see the same crap over and over again. This organization is WAY TOO SLOW in making needed changes and is not proactive. This problem starts at the top. Dick Smith should have been fired after his first year here and should not have been allowed to waste 3 years of our time. Also, Kubiak should have been forced to hire an experienced defensive coordinator.

McNair is not going to sell the cash cow he has. The best we can hope for is for him to give up control to his sons.

We need some young blood to shake up EVERYTHING with the Texans. A new attitude focused on WINNING and not BS like being good little Christian boys. McNair needs to focus on the piles of cash he is making and on his horses in Kentucky and let someone with fresh blood run the Texans.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Its time for McNair to give up day-to-day control of team to his sons

maybe he should give control to his fans, so we can fire the entire organization after each loss and trade all the players for 1st round picks next year
Old 09-13-2009   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Its time for McNair to give up day-to-day control of team to his sons

I am having deja vu
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL.

I have long said that what we fear most...just might be true: We're at the mercy of an NFL owner who doesn't really understand or even passionately DESIRE to understand what it takes to win BIG.

Sure, he has made a respectable team. Congrats to Bob McNair. He brought NFL ball back to Houston.

But he is not proving he can identify and hire the right mix of people.

He got it wrong with Casserly/Capers. He got it a little bit more right with Smith/Kubiak. At this rate, we'll contend in 2056.
Old 09-13-2009   #5
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
maybe he should give control to his fans, so we can fire the entire organization after each loss and trade all the players for 1st round picks next year
I would rather have virtually any poster run our drafts rather than a jackass like cASSerley any day of the week. Check that, I am confident that I could draft better players without a doubt and actually coach them up unlike the loser we currently have.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #6
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

All the anger and resentment being directed vs. McNair is way, way off base IMO. Be careful what you wish for.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
All the anger and resentment being directed vs. McNair is way, way off base IMO. Be careful what you wish for.
What are we wishing for?

The guy owns the team. Nobody can fire an owner! LOL.

Which is why I think it might be smart to be a Steelers fan. That team has an owner and a management team who simply knows what the h-e-l-l they are doing. I mean, there's no denying it.

It's not like they are just getting lucky. It's a pattern.

And we've got our own pattern, too. The wrong pattern, however.
Old 09-13-2009   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post

It's not even remotely off base. How long is a typical NFL career? These guys come with an expiration date on them and as we saw with Dunta just recently at any time they can be involved in a play that ends their career forever.

Mario Williams could go out there next week and get hurt and never play again. He could disappear just like Charles Spencer did. Let me stop right there and say that something like that is far worse for the player than it would be for the organization or the fans. I'm not putting our desire to have a "real" team over players health or anything stupid like that. I'm saying that careers are short.

And I can only look at this from the perspective of a fan.

Teams can't afford to waste the best years of players careers on lousy coaches and wanna-be coordinators. At the rate this man learns he will have a competent staff in place as Mario Williams declines. Andre Johnson will already be gone most likely. We're on the clock and McNair is wasting careers with bad decisions, lousy hires, and patience that would be a credit to him in the business world he's familiar with but which makes him slow and lumbering in the NFL where he's clearly out of his depth.
Old 09-13-2009   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Mcnair does not make most of thre decesions

that lies to Rick smith and Gary ... u know the football minds Rick does not know football enough to run the show

anywayz Tearing stuff apart is not a good idea during the start of the season

if we Shake things up its best 2 do that midway through the season
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It's not even remotely off base. How long is a typical NFL career? These guys come with an expiration date on them and as we saw with Dunta just recently at any time they can be involved in a play that ends their career forever.

Mario Williams could go out there next week and get hurt and never play again. He could disappear just like Charles Spencer did. Let me stop right there and say that something like that is far worse for the player than it would be for the organization or the fans. I'm not putting our desire to have a "real" team over players health or anything stupid like that. I'm saying that careers are short.

And I can only look at this from the perspective of a fan.

Teams can't afford to waste the best years of players careers on lousy coaches and wanna-be coordinators. At the rate this man learns he will have a competent staff in place as Mario Williams declines. Andre Johnson will already be gone most likely. We're on the clock and McNair is wasting careers with bad decisions, lousy hires, and patience that would be a credit to him in the business world he's familiar with but which makes him slow and lumbering in the NFL where he's clearly out of his depth.
VERY well said.

The owner is at the top. Period.

He has the power and the money to make a change. Any change.

And while you don't want an owner to make hasty changes, you do want them to define where the sidewalk ends and the road begins.

If THIS sort of play doesn't end today. If we suck for four games, and eek out an 8-8 or even a glorious 9-7 record...I think he's gone. I would hope he is. There are 7 or 8 players on this team who deserve one more shot with a staff that might be able to do something.

This team needs an identity at any cost, IMO. This feels like the Kubiak version of David Carr's last season with us.
Old 09-13-2009   #11
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Coach Dungee?
Old 09-13-2009   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
What are we wishing for?

Which is why I think it might be smart to be a Steelers fan. That team has an owner and a management team who simply knows what the h-e-l-l they are doing. I mean, there's no denying it.

Not everyone can be winners .......

Tenn lost
MIA got wipped
Carolina got beat yet last year they were like the no2 team in the NFC
CLE made some major changes yet they still lost
JAX lost wk 1 i guess it time for them to FIre everybody right
ARozina lost wk 1 i guess the NFC champs last year are Doomed right
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #13
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What are we wishing for?
That was in response to the OP - a more 'proactive' owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It's not even remotely off base.
We'll have to agree to disagree. McNair has hired GM's and coaches with pedigrees, histories of success. Then he's largely stayed the hell out of the way and let them do their job. That's how I like my Owner, especially when they have no personal experience in football. Of course he's made mistakes, but I prefer he shows patience over capricious decision making made to appease all the armchair QB's. If you want an owner that likes to turnover his staff with the seasons there's this team in Oakland you should check out.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #14
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Whats the next thread:

Fire the ballboy!?

Fire the vendor employees!?

Fire the field keepers!?

After what I have read today, any are a possibility.

imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, I feel like I'm stepping in from the wayback machine. Some of you guys remember when some fan wanted to sue the team over their parking problem....before they even parked one car. Before the first game was played there was one fan who started a thread proclaiming they are going to sue the Texans if they didn't get their parking situation fixed! Well, he meant the perceived parking problem since we didn't have one yet. I got a cookie for anyone who remembers who that fan was.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #16
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 174887 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What are we wishing for?

Careful.
The Steelers go waaay back. It took the Rooneys damn near 40 years to "figure things out". They were established in 1933 and didn't post a winning record until 1942 - their tenth season. They didn't start winning regularly until the '70s when Chuck Knoll showed up.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #17
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Hey, I feel like I'm stepping in from the wayback machine. Some of you guys remember when some fan wanted to sue the team over their parking problem....before they even parked one car. Before the first game was played there was one fan who started a thread proclaiming they are going to sue the Texans if they didn't get their parking situation fixed! Well, he meant the perceived parking problem since we didn't have one yet. I got a cookie for anyone who remembers who that fan was.
You? I don't see any other reason for you to remember...
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #18
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 174887 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Whats the next thread:

Fire the ballboy!?

Fire the vendor employees!?

Fire the field keepers!?

After what I have read today, any are a possibility.

I think Lucky has already proposed all of those things.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
You? I don't see any other reason for you to remember...
It's the first thing TexansFight was known for around here (the guy that started this thread). The long timers know what I'm talking about and my memory is pretty good (just as an aside). Since he started this thread it brought back the memory of those absurd threats and rants. TF basically told us he is a lawyer and would personally sue the team...so I kinda consider it something kinda memorable.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009   #20
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I agree.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read