Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2009   #1
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan
Default Give them till week 4

Most of us looked at this schedule and predicted a 3-1 start and we all agreed that we would at least start 2-2.

Last year the 0-4 put us in a hole that was impossible to dig out of but just imagine if we went 2-2 there might of been a chance at the playoffs even with the tough AFC.

I'm not saying this afternoon was anything less than atrocious but I am saying it's just 1 game and if we can manage to go 2-1 or 3-0 over the next 3 than this ship can be turned around.

The Jets might or might not be good but what I do know is that we have talent.

I really want Kubs to succeed here but I just don't think he is the guy. That being said it's 1 game and lets see what happens at Tenn next week.

Just a little rant after reading all the negative stuff even if I agree with most of it.

my .02

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Give them till week 4

Yeah man anything is possible

If we go 2-2 or 0-4

and the end o the day iam still going to be a Texans Fan

WIn or lose i will never give up on this team Texans fan 4 LIFE !!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #3
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

You're forgetting that we're in the AFC SOUTH!!
It takes AT LEAST 12 wins to win the division. If you don't
aim to win the division, chances are you won't be good enough
to grab a wild card. The Texans have to be an ELITE squad to
make it to the playoffs. 2-4, our division record EACH of the last
two years, just won't cut it. We've got a tougher row to hoe
than the other "average" NFL team. They've just gotta suck it
up, and rise to the challenge.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

No. I'm through with that garbage. This wasn't the Patriots or Colts today. This was the Jets and if that's the best they can do against the Jets with their rookie QB and HC then I'll be damned if I'm going to spend the next three weeks trying to find the silver lining to our latest ass kicking.

Other teams hire coaches who turn their fortunes around in 1-2 seasons. It's not a myth or an isolated incident. It's not luck. I'm not waiting for anymore 3-4 season turnaround/rebuilds. Kubiak is not the guy to get the job done. Kubiak is clearly in over his head and has not adjusted to the role of HC in the THREE YEARS he's had to get better. He and his team suffer from all the same problems they did when David Carr was here. Sure he got rid of Mittens but what else has gotten better? On either side of the ball?

Screw Kubiak. I don't want him to half-assed get this ship righted. That just means more of what we've already seen. I'm fine with him starting out 0-4. I'm fine with a 4-12 season or some other debacle like that. I'm done following Gary. He's as clueless as the guy who hired him.
Old 09-13-2009   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I never gave up on Mr mittins TBH i wished we had carr right now ....
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #6
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Give them till week 4???

Take it a step further.. give them till year 4...

Oh, wait...

I think any negative talk at this point is earned. Like it or not, they have done nothing to earn a 4 week pass. They stunk the joint up, and should be EMBARRASED to take their paycheck to the bank.

I hope that some of them are reading these threads over the next few days. Blowing sunshine at them serves no purpose.

Anyone still a fan in the year 2009 deserves the right to criticize, errr... talk utter smack on them.

Knock knock...

who's there?

Loser....

Oh, there's a Texan at the door.....

[IMG]http://www.smileyhut.com/naughty/****.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-13-2009   #7
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 1614 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanskan View Post
Most of us looked at this schedule and predicted a 3-1 start and we all agreed that we would at least start 2-2.

Last year the 0-4 put us in a hole that was impossible to dig out of but just imagine if we went 2-2 there might of been a chance at the playoffs even with the tough AFC.

I'm not saying this afternoon was anything less than atrocious but I am saying it's just 1 game and if we can manage to go 2-1 or 3-0 over the next 3 than this ship can be turned around.

I really want Kubs to succeed here but I just don't think he is the guy. That being said it's 1 game and lets see what happens at Tenn next week.

Just a little rant after reading all the negative stuff even if I agree with most of it.

my .02
You don't honestly don't believe that by week 4 this team, the one you saw today will be any better than 1-3 or 0-4 do you? And for the record, I believe that the Titans are probably looking forward to the game next week and licking their chops. They are going to demolish this underacheiving bunch and good.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2009   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

well if the team that showed up today plays that for 15 more weeks, then we won't win a game.

good thing every week is different
(or should be)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #9
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
No. I'm through with that garbage. This wasn't the Patriots or Colts today. This was the Jets and if that's the best they can do against the Jets with their rookie QB and HC then I'll be damned if I'm going to spend the next three weeks trying to find the silver lining to our latest ass kicking.

Other teams hire coaches who turn their fortunes around in 1-2 seasons. It's not a myth or an isolated incident. It's not luck. I'm not waiting for anymore 3-4 season turnaround/rebuilds. Kubiak is not the guy to get the job done. Kubiak is clearly in over his head and has not adjusted to the role of HC in the THREE YEARS he's had to get better. He and his team suffer from all the same problems they did when David Carr was here. Sure he got rid of Mittens but what else has gotten better? On either side of the ball?

Screw Kubiak. I don't want him to half-assed get this ship righted. That just means more of what we've already seen. I'm fine with him starting out 0-4. I'm fine with a 4-12 season or some other debacle like that. I'm done following Gary. He's as clueless as the guy who hired him.
I agree wholeheartedly with a few small? exceptions. I'm not ok with a 4-12 season, nor am I ok with an 0-4 start. I don't care how clueless Kubiak is - he needs to get a clue or quit. He needs to stop being Mr. All My Fault, call out the players who are playing since that would be shorter than naming those who aren't, throw a chair across the dressing room and start benching a few players even if it means playing scrubs since I doubt they could do much worse. I personally felt like going out on the field and slapping some folks since Kubiak wasn't doing it for me.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #10
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
You don't honestly don't believe that by week 4 this team, the one you saw today will be any better than 1-3 or 0-4 do you? And for the record, I believe that the Titans are probably looking forward to the game next week and licking their chops. They are going to demolish this underacheiving bunch and good.
Oh I don't see anything that makes me think we can beat anyone but I have watched enough football over the years to understand that 1 game does not mean a different group can't emerge the next week

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've given them 7yrs and $50,000

I'm getting tired of watching the SOS.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #12
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

They have another week - with a "must" win situation against the Titans. Starting off 0-2 is a recipe for another average season and almost assuredly another playoff-less season.

Sadly, the Titans are also desperate for the win...
Old 09-13-2009   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever happened to building this team slowly and that being the right way to do things?
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #14
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 13450 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

they shouldn't need 4 weeks to look competent ........
Old 09-13-2009   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanskan View Post
I don't know if you'd see the outlash that you've seen today, if that talent would have showed up today. We're upset with the ineptitude that we've put on the field.

It's pathetic to look so bad, two years running. At least last year, we could say it was the Super Bowl champs that exposed us. This year...

It was Rookie QB, Rookie HC
Old 09-13-2009   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

like vinny said once.. the season is a sprint .. there is no wait till x week
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #17
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jets will be at least a top 8 D if not top 5...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #18
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Your right about turning teams around fast. Saints dropped all their dead weight and crappy players when Sean got there. Mike Smith also tossed some bad apples and went after guys he liked. Kube's just kept pretty much all of Capers players and added more crappy players
Old 09-13-2009   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Your right about turning teams around fast. Saints dropped all their dead weight and crappy players when Sean got there. Mike Smith also tossed some bad apples and went after guys he liked. Kube's just kept pretty much all of Capers players and added more crappy players
Why did it take Kubes 4 yrs to cut the crap on this team?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #20
indiantexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 36 indiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respected

We need a badass as coach. Like Cowher...
indiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read