Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2009   #1
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Its time to be positive !!!

Ok can we just stop the madness Yes we LOst ok But that just means we are the Same ol Texans whats New ......

But lets just List some positives in this game

-Brain cushing played one heck of a First NFL rookie game he was a man possesed !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Its time to be positive !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Its time to be positive !!!
No, it's not.
Old 09-13-2009   #3
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 22660 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

i have no more positive ... it ran away
Old 09-13-2009   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

A tad bit early for this thread, don't ya' think?

We get to gripe like hell until Monday afternoon.
Old 09-13-2009   #5
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

OMG, this thread makes me want to do more of this:
Old 09-13-2009   #6
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

positive is that i didnt take any texans players on my FF this year and im so glad i did cause i might win now
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

We start slow.

That hasn't changed. We've got to hope that we get this figured out, and turned around before mid-season, like we did last year, and the year before.

We play Tennessee next week. @ Tennessee. We've never won there. It's early, but it's as close to a "must win" as we've ever had.

Honestly though, I was impressed with the defense. If only we could have kept our offense on the field and given them some decent time to rest....
Old 09-13-2009   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We start slow.

That hasn't changed. We've got to hope that we get this figured out, and turned around before mid-season, like we did last year, and the year before.

We play Tennessee next week. @ Tennessee. We've never won there. It's early, but it's as close to a "must win" as we've ever had.

Honestly though, I was impressed with the defense. If only we could have kept our offense on the field and given them some decent time to rest....
2004 we swept them.

but other than that, You pretty much nailed it on the head. The first 4 games each season since Kubiak was brought in we've gone 3-10 (and two were against horrible teams). However, we've finished much better (8-4) in the last 4 games. That's just the way we've played historically, which is always depressing.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly want to be positive and I am trying

but I can't think of anything off of the top of my head that showed me any positives from this game.

nothing sticks out to me ... special teams, offense or defense

well the defense early in the game was about it
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #10
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am positive the Texans do not know how to make a tackle!
Old 09-13-2009   #11
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Ok can we just stop the madness Yes we LOst ok But that just means we are the Same ol Texans whats New ......

But lets just List some positives in this game

-Brain cushing played one heck of a First NFL rookie game he was a man possesed !!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm positive-ly pissed
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #12
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot pickle View Post
positive is that i didnt take any texans players on my FF this year and im so glad i did cause i might win now
sad thing is I was thinking the same thing. I was kinda pissed I wasn't able to draft any but now I'm thinking that may not be bad thing. I just wish had Drew Brees.
Old 09-13-2009   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We start slow.

I'm wondering about your comment and I'm not trying to be sarcastic but what about the defense impressed you?

The Jets had a rookie QB playing and he looked like a 5 year All-Pro. They gashed the Texans for several very long gains. I'm not sure what the Jets percentage was on 3rd down but it seemed to me like they made an awful lot of them. They had almost 500 total yards.

I agree the offense was horrific but to me it was the lesser evil. I thought the defense was really bad.

But seriously what impressed you?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

10-18 on 3rd downs

sanches at one time was 10-12 for 140 ish yards
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #15
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
10-18 on 3rd downs

sanches at one time was 10-12 for 140 ish yards
Thanks for those stats.

I thought he played very well for a rookie..first start and all that. He didn't appear to get rattled and the OC for the Jets had a very good game plan for Sanchez to execute.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
I agree the offense was horrific but to me it was the lesser evil. I thought the defense was really bad.

#1.... I blame the bad offense for the declining defense. We were kicking but on defense in the first half.Lot's of hits in the backfield (including Ferguson's muffed tackle in the backfield). & that run for 6 yards, was their biggest run play of the first half, not counting the reverse.

We got after the QB.... he beat us, but we got after him.

Ifs, coulda's & woulda's.... I think the defense would have looked better, if we could have put some points on the board, and kept the game close.
Old 09-13-2009   #17
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm positive it's just one loss. It sucks but no where near as bad as that ass whipping in last years opener. We are tied for second in the division. One week at a time.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #18
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
I'm wondering about your comment and I'm not trying to be sarcastic but what about the defense impressed you?

The Jets had a rookie QB playing and he looked like a 5 year All-Pro. They gashed the Texans for several very long gains. I'm not sure what the Jets percentage was on 3rd down but it seemed to me like they made an awful lot of them. They had almost 500 total yards.

Could it also be that Sanchez is this years Ryan/Flacco? Good coaching and good players around him.
Old 09-13-2009   #19
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

possitives:
Defense:
Defense scored on a turnover
Cushing looked decent
Mario looked like Mario
Demeco looked like Demeco version 2006
S. Cody looked decent
Antonio Smith looked good

Offense:
uhhh hmmm Chris Brown had a good run.
uhhhh ohhh ehhhh
Defense scored a touch down? ? ? Ok I got nothing?
Old 09-13-2009   #20
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Could it also be that Sanchez is
It could be, but if this team is ever going to be any good it has to start beating the good teams and the teams with this years Ryan/Flacco and all the good coaching and good players around him.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read