Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2009   #1
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28283 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bob McNair Owes Me an Apology

Bob McNair owes every Texans fan an apology. I expect he will be calling every season ticket holder personally to apologize for charging us money to watch a team that is completely unaware that the season has started. Again. 2005 - start 0-6. 2006 - start 0-3. 2008 - start 0-4. 2009 - with a gimme September schedule it looks like the same ol' same ol'. This looks like the 4th time in the last 5 years that 3 games into the season all we will have to look forward to is the draft.

I'm sure McNair won't do this but he should - tell Kubiak that if you lose next week in Tennessee, don't bother coming back to Houston.

OK Bob, be a man, pick up that phone and start calling.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Bob McNair Owes Me an Apology

Good luck with that.
Old 09-13-2009   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not Bob's fault. Gary "It's on me" Kubiak was out-coached,out-toughed (I know this isn't a word but this team obviously lacks toughness, but I'm sure proud of Gary's "kids"....too bad they are playing "Men") and out-schemed again. It's really nothing new and getting old in a hurry.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #4
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

We better find a way to start seven OLinemen then, because if they play like that against Tennessee, we will get absolutely steamrolled. The Titan's DLine is going to eat Schaub/Slaton/Brown for lunch unless they completely redo their line.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Understand your sentiments Fred.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #6
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

How bout you don't buy tickets
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #7
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
...but I'm sure proud of Gary's "kids"....too bad they are playing "Men") and out-schemed again. It's really nothing new and getting old in a hurry.

"Gary's kids"... that's awesome! Can we start a telethon or something?!?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2009   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Mojo owes me an apology for this.

<----

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I think I picked the right game to go to LOL
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

You owe us all an apology for this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #11
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28283 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
How bout you don't buy tickets
I have season tickets. But hey Bob, feel free to offer refunds.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I have season tickets. But hey Bob, feel free to offer refunds.
You can't get snake oil refunds.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #13
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

Every year we have to pay the whole wad for season tickets by May. We do the Texans a favor, what do they do for us? I realize people are trying to make some coin, but how about a little reciprocation? I bought 2 beers for my wife and I for 16 bucks today, that's supposed to be a good deal (alright, that included an exorbitant 1 dollar tip). Then, they put this crap on the field which is starting to get pretty old. How about 1 year when we feel like we are getting something for our dough? Winning a few meaningless games at the end of the year to go 50-50 doesn't do a lot for me and I can't understand why the Kool-Aid drinkers say success is just around the corner. It really is like Groundhog Day. Same old thing every year. I really don't give a crap about people selling beer, I want a refusal by the Texans to accept an inferior product on the field.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #14
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 53313 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally don't understand how McNair is allowing this to happen. He either knows nothing of football as demonstrated by his hiring decisions or is a big risk taker in his hirings and I doubt that. I'm sure he didn't hire such inexperienced people in his business life to become the billionaire that he now is. So, I'm guessing he thinks that he can find an unproven coaching staff ala Capers and now Kubiak and pay them less than he would have had to pay a coach with hardware and a track record and they would win games. Either way, I can't blame McNair if he just doesn't have a great understanding of football in making these hirings. I still give him a pass given the fact that he brought the NFL back to Houston ( I did not watch a single game of football between 96-02. That's my level of Houston loyalty.)! I truly believe that McNair wants to win on many levels.

So, I don't think that he owes me an apology.

What I would like instead is for him to hold a news conference and publicly address the situation by publicly putting Kubiak and the gang on notice and promising change if we do not win this season. I want him to promise me that, if we have to blow it up and start all over again, when we were never "built" in the first place, that he will do all he can and spend whatever he has to in order to bring in a blockbuster of a head coach and staff.

I'm tired of Jerry Jones taking shots at us and McNair just takes it, that's the only thing I guess that bothers me about McNair. As much as I dislike sports owners like Mark Cuban, Jerra and a host of others, one thing they do that I like is publicly and aggressively get the best talent that they possibly can to win at all costs. McNair should spend and off-season with Les Alexander and the Rockets to see how to own a team and want to win and not have to come off as a jerk.
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I personally don't understand how McNair is allowing this to happen. He either knows nothing of football as demonstrated by his hiring decisions or is a big risk taker in his hirings and I doubt that. I'm sure he didn't hire such inexperienced people in his business life to become the billionaire that he now is. So, I'm guessing he thinks that he can find an unproven coaching staff ala Capers and now Kubiak and pay them less than he would have had to pay a coach with hardware and a track record and they would win games. Either way, I can't blame McNair if he just doesn't have a great understanding of football in making these hirings. I still give him a pass given the fact that he brought the NFL back to Houston ( I did not watch a single game of football between 96-02. That's my level of Houston loyalty.)! I truly believe that McNair wants to win on many levels.

So, I don't think that he owes me an apology.

What I would like instead is for him to hold a news conference and publicly address the situation by publicly putting Kubiak and the gang on notice and promising change if we do not win this season. I want him to promise me that, if we have to blow it up and start all over again, when we were never "built" in the first place, that he will do all he can and spend whatever he has to in order to bring in a blockbuster of a head coach and staff.

I'm tired of Jerry Jones taking shots at us and McNair just takes it, that's the only thing I guess that bothers me about McNair. As much as I dislike sports owners like Mark Cuban, Jerra and a host of others, one thing they do that I like is publicly and aggressively get the best talent that they possibly can to win at all costs. McNair should spend and off-season with Les Alexander and the Rockets to see how to own a team and want to win and not have to come off as a jerk.
I believe bob has

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums//sh...ad.php?t=64330
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #16
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 53313 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I know, I read that too in the Chron.com when it was printed. I want him to come out and say, in no uncertain terms something like "If Kubiak does not take us to the playoffs or at least win 12 games, he will be fired and I will search the best coaching talent available to me" Something that re-sells the team to the public as well as his dedication to winning. What he said, IMO, can be read as just a push for Kubiak or an ultimatum. I want him to come out straight up with it. That's all.
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #17
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's one game. I keep having to tell myself that. But the possibility of being 1-3 and the only win coming over Oakland is sickening. This is just ridiculous. I'm almost ready to tell McNair to sell this team and blow it up. I have paid a sh!tload of money over the last 8 years and still have yet to see a winning product. It's just painful. How long will fans put up with this? How long will I put up with this? How do I keep "encouraging" my kids to support a team that has YET to have a winning year since they've been ALIVE?!?

What makes it especially difficult is that I know that McNair and Smith and Kubiak are not intentionally putting a crap product on the field. Smith and Kubes KNOW football and know how to win. But there's something about this franchise that keeps miserably underperforming. And it hurts to watch.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #18
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
It's one game. I keep having to tell myself that. But the possibility of being 1-3 and the only win coming over Oakland is sickening. This is just ridiculous. I'm almost ready to tell McNair to sell this team and blow it up. I have paid a sh!tload of money over the last 8 years and still have yet to see a winning product. It's just painful. How long will fans put up with this? How long will I put up with this? How do I keep "encouraging" my kids to support a team that has YET to have a winning year since they've been ALIVE?!?

What makes it especially difficult is that I know that McNair and Smith and Kubiak are not intentionally putting a crap product on the field. Smith and Kubes KNOW football and know how to win. But there's something about this franchise that keeps miserably underperforming. And it hurts to watch.
What makes you so sure they know how to win? Not being a jerk, just wondering why.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
It's not Bob's fault. Gary "It's on me" Kubiak was out-coached,out-toughed (I know this isn't a word but this team obviously lacks toughness, but I'm sure proud of Gary's "kids"....too bad they are playing "Men") and out-schemed again. It's really nothing new and getting old in a hurry.
Did we win any part of the game ?
Old 09-13-2009   #20
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Did we win any part of the game ?
LOL no. We got jacked up and it would have been a shut out if it hadnt been for the INT

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read