Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2009   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Any thoughts on the play of the Rookies today ?

OK I feel like crap myself after todays game, but no matter how disheartened and frustrated and puzzled I am by this disastor, I'm still curious about other fans thoughts about the game, especially the play of our 2009 Draft class ?
Cushing seemed to be active, and Barwin was hustling as usual and made a play or 2. I know the rookie corners McCain & Quin had a tough game, but just about every Texans DB did today.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Any thoughts on the play of the Rookies today ?

Cushing had flashes but may not be an every down linebacker. Sanchez sure looked good. So did the Rookie we passed for Ok0ye.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
So did the Rookie we passed for Ok0ye.
CB Revis ? Yea, he was really impressive.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #4
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So did the Rookie we passed for Ok0ye.
Revis isn't a rookie, but I agree, he looked good. AJ's kryptonite.
Old 09-13-2009   #5
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 49199 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Our rookies sucked. Our veterans sucked. Our coaches sucked. Everyone associated with the Texans organization sucked.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cushing had flashes but may not be an every down linebacker. Sanchez sure looked good. So did the Rookie we passed for Ok0ye.
I don't know what to say about Cush. He had that tenacity to keep plugging and moving forward when others gave up. Like on that play where he stopped Jones on the 1 yard line, he was in there wrapping up TJ while the rest of the team was watching.

And yeah, Revis looked great.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #7
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
OK I feel like crap myself after todays game, but no matter how disheartened and frustrated and puzzled I am by this disastor, I'm still curious about other fans thoughts about the game, especially the play of our 2009 Draft class ?
Cushing seemed to be active, and Barwin was hustling as usual and made a play or 2. I know the rookie corners McCain & Quin had a tough game, but just about every Texans DB did today.
McCain had his moments, but Quin looks overmatched every time I see him. The NFL game is just too fast for this guy.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2009   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Revis isn't a rookie, but I agree, he looked good. AJ's kryptonite.
he was when we left him on the board for Ok0ye.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #9
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing looked faster than I thought he would. I saw him make a few nice plays, they didn't mean much in the grand scheme but I thought he had a good game.
Old 09-13-2009   #10
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
For missing all preseason Cushing seemed to be active and around the ball. I think he'll get better as the season rolls on.

Didn't see much of Barwin but, then again our pass rush was non existent for the most part. Not going to say the pick was wasted by any means yet, but we could've used the guy I was hoping to draft in the second Max Ugner in the trenches or William Moore in the secondary.

Didn't see Quinn much either. McCain blew coverage big time on the first touchdown. He made a nice play on preventing a touchdown in the third quarter.

Last edited by Goldensilence; 09-13-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #11
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Caldwell played better than Myers today.

Is Busing a rookie? I guess he's a rookie for us - I need something positive so I'll count him that way, even if he's not actually a rookie. His interception (and fortunate fumble to Barber...) was about the only real spark for our team today.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #12
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post

Didn't see Quinn much either. McCain blew coverage big time on the first touchdown. He made a nice play on preventing a touchdown in the third quarter.
Did we ever get official word on who blew that assignment? I know we're all speculating that it was on him, but I'd like to hear it from him or a coach.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #13
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Did we ever get official word on who blew that assignment? I know we're all speculating that it was on him, but I'd like to hear it from him or a coach.
Haven't heard but it looked like it was all him on the touchdown. Looks like he thought someone else was picking him up or was going to pass him off to someone.

Someone on the staff or team should've told him they were blitzing and he was supposed to have 1-1 coverage.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Barwin didn't generate much of a pass rush in 3rd down situations imo. Looks like his preseason success was the same as Atwaan Peeks "I go 100% in preseason while the other team is going 75%"
Old 09-13-2009   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
Caldwell played better than Myers today.
Truth.
Old 09-13-2009   #16
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Woody ate Barwin for lunch everytime he came into the game. Every third
down, I was watching for Barwin, and Woody maintained perfect technique
to negate Connor's spin moves. Good tackles, knowing that Barwin can't
bullrush, will negate Barwin.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #17
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Any thoughts on the play of the Rookies today ?
Yeah, Sanchez looked great.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #18
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
You don't need to hear it from a coach. The team sent an ALL OUT BLITZ,
which meant the corners were to play man-to-man. Mccain, #41, stops
in the middle of the route as if he were playing zone, and the Jets' receiver
blows by him. COMPLETE mental mistake on that one. We really need
Reeves back.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #19
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Those kids kept battling.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #20
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing tied Demeco for a team leading 8 tackles in limited snaps. I think he'll see more PT the further he gets away from his injury. He's gonna be a good one as long as he can stay on the field. He provides a physical presence that is much needed.

McCain obviously made a huge error, but if his head can catch up to the game he looks like he has the physical ability to help us.

Barwin continues to show great effort and athleticism, but I still think he's at least a year away from being the impact pass rusher we need him to be.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read