Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2009   #1
indiantexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 36 indiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This team has no attitude

Why is my heart always in my mouth when the Texans take the field?

Why does our team look soft while many other teams play with such swagger and physicality?

I think it all starts with the coaching staff...there just isn't any sense of confidence, leadership or swagger in them.

I think this trickles down to the players...except for a few players like Demeco, Mario etc...nobody plays tough, physical, smashmouth football.

I am tired of this finesse approach. Everybody on this team is a nice guy. I think it is not working
indiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This team has no attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiantexan View Post
I think it is not working
Something is not working, that's for sure.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #3
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 21101 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

This team DOES have an attitude. "It's September? Then we quit."
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

We got a freaking prison beating today on both sides of the ball

only hit I can recall (off the top of my head) is the Demeco hit right at halftime (even if it was 20 yards down field)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The players are thinking to themselves. Heh, what the hell, I'm making millions of dollars and I can always switch teams next season. What do I care if the Texans win or lose?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

It could have been worse. The Jets were without their 2 best defensive players from what I've read.

They've either got a)great backups b)great defensive scheme or c) BOTH!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #7
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1192 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

We were just outschemed, hey maybe we can call up Dick Jauron maybe he has a scheme that we can handle.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2009   #8
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

They just talked about Rex on Football Night and said that he was already talking junk about the Pats and ready to go. They also said just how crappy the Texans were and how they made a rookie looking freaking awesome. I know thats not new, but it sure doesnt help our image or whatever kind of image the Texans have ever had. Look at Samurai Mike going nuts on his sidelines and jacking his players up.
Old 09-13-2009   #9
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaul View Post
We were just outschemed, hey maybe we can call up Dick Jauron maybe he has a scheme that we can handle.
We were ever so much more that outschemed - we were outplayed, outcoached and, most important the Texans have no heart to win - I'm not sure they even care. Other teams, however, seem to want to win.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm trying to work up a theory proving a correlation of the inverse relationship between our receivers'* ability to dance after a (theoretical) touchdown vs. the overall toughness of the rest of the team. I'll let you know if my work is ever published.

*I'm excluding Andre Johnson from this group, much as he was excluded when the game result was still in question.
Old 09-13-2009   #11
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I'm trying to work up a theory proving a correlation of the inverse relationship between our receivers'* ability to dance after a (theoretical) touchdown vs. the overall toughness of the rest of the team. I'll let you know if my work is ever published.

*I'm excluding Andre Johnson from this group, much as he was excluded when the game result was still in question.
No lie about the f'ing lame *** dances in the endzone. I guess some of these guys should be on dancing with the stars and not catching passes. I have never been a fan of any kind of dancing or showing off in the endzone or any other kind of sport.
Old 09-13-2009   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
It could have been worse. The Jets were without their 2 best defensive players from what I've read.

They've either got a)great backups b)great defensive scheme or c) BOTH!

IMPOSSIBLE!

I have it on good authority that it takes 3-4 years to build up any depth at all and that when a new coach comes in he instantly has to replace 3/4 of the roster because they aren't "his guys". Rex Ryan just got there so there's no chance it was great backups. They haven't had time to draft and develop them yet.
Old 09-13-2009   #13
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

As the team was heading into the locker room at halftime (they were being pretty vigorously booed) I couldn't help but notice Amobi had a huuuuge ***t-eating grin on his face the whole time. If I had to guess what he was thinking it would be along the lines of "I can't believe they have turned on us, we didn't play that bad, we can pick it up next half no problem." Rubbed me the wrong way I guess, just take some well deserved criticism from the fans, put your head down and hustle into the tunnel. And while you're at it try not to lay another big fat egg in the 2nd half.
Old 09-13-2009   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

what concerns me is the body language that you could see from the offense early in the game.. I remember after an incomplete pass, the body language was like they have been beaten already
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #15
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiantexan View Post
Why is my heart always in my mouth when the Texans take the field?

Why does our team look soft while many other teams play with such swagger and physicality?

I think it all starts with the coaching staff...there just isn't any sense of confidence, leadership or swagger in them.

I think this trickles down to the players...except for a few players like Demeco, Mario etc...nobody plays tough, physical, smashmouth football.

I am tired of this finesse approach. Everybody on this team is a nice guy. I think it is not working

When has it ever had one under Gary Kubiak?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read