Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2009   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Fire Chris Myers!!

He deserves his own thread. He has sucked all day. The other linemen are doing their part to make the unit look bad, but Myers has gone above and beyond the call. Just put Caldwell in. He'll make some mental mistakes, but he won't get tossed aside by Jenkins like a rag doll.
Old 09-13-2009   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fire Chris Myers!!

Yes Yes Yes - Myers is weakest link. Good-bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone please make a mistake of Jenkins karate chopping Chris Meyers onto the ground and send it to Gibbs/Kubiak/Shannahan/McNair. That play looked like a fan stood in at center for Myers
Old 09-13-2009   #4
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I cant believe Caldwell isnt in the game yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #5
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 875 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
He deserves his own thread. He has sucked all day. The other linemen are doing their part to make the unit look bad, but Myers has gone above and beyond the call. Just put Caldwell in. He'll make some mental mistakes, but he won't get tossed aside by Jenkins like a rag doll.
Haha, you are on a roll Doc. Fire 'em all!!!!
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think somewhere I saw we had 2 centers inactive
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree. I couldn't believe how Myers got thrown around like a rag-doll like that.

So no, it's not all on Schaub.

I was filled with dread today before the game began. I hate it when they prove out my worst fears.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2009   #8
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Myers got absolutely destroyed out there today. I recall at least 5 plays where he was pushed into the backfield before anything could develop. Probably happened more but I got so frustrated I had to retreat to my laptop and check out my fantasy scores.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
I cant believe Caldwell isnt in the game yet.
Inactive today.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 09-13-2009   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Meyers is just a by-product of this outdated bullshit ZBS.

He was too small last year and he's too small again this year.

But I think I might have already mentioned that over here.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Someone please make a mistake of Jenkins karate chopping Chris Meyers onto the ground and send it to Gibbs/Kubiak/Shannahan/McNair. That play looked like a fan stood in at center for Myers
He was destroyed several times before that play. He sucks. Mr. Myers, if you're still trolling, I'm sorry. I'm sure he's a fine person and an upstanding young man ... but your son sucks at playing Center in the NFL.
Old 09-13-2009   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 228095 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Myers should be done here. He was a liability last season and nothing has changed.

Add a center to the list of players we need.

For the record I don't think it will make much difference though. The rest of the line are a bunch of softies who get pitched around like rag dolls. We're the first team in his entire coaching career that Alex Gibbs couldn't turn into a running powerhouse. Nice distinction to have isn't it.
Old 09-13-2009   #13
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Breisal (sp?) didnt exactly dominate either. He wiffed several times too. Im starting to think this ZB system is good against weaker teams but isnt capable of taking us where we really want to go. We just get ***** sllapped against the top defenses. Even when we do move the ball we cant score.
Old 09-13-2009   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
We're the first team in his entire coaching career that Alex Gibbs couldn't turn into a running powerhouse. Nice distinction to have isn't it.
I don't have the energy for the discussion right now, but I'm going to bring this up later when we're discussing talent vs. coaching. Because I'm completely flummoxed.
Old 09-13-2009   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Breisal (sp?) didnt exactly dominate either. He wiffed several times too. Im starting to think this ZB system is good against weaker teams but isnt capable of taking us where we really want to go. We just get ***** sllapped against the top defenses. Even when we do move the ball we cant score.
As I said in the first post, the rest of the line did their part to make the unit look bad. It's just that Myers went above and beyond. He's the poster child.
Old 09-13-2009   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

If this thread is suggesting some set Myers on fire...well...I think Jenkins already did.

Quote:
Old 09-13-2009   #17
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

was funny seeing Schaub wear a 300 lb NYJ lineman around his neck the whole game, yet still a "Bench Schaub" thread pops up.

next season, mandatory football IQ tests for everyone before posting priviliges are given?
Old 09-13-2009   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
He did it to Pitts at least once too. Just swung his armed and knocked him away. I have to give the guy credit - he's got a lot of strength.
Old 09-13-2009   #19
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
was funny seeing Schaub wear a 300 lb NYJ lineman around his neck the whole game, yet still a "Bench Schaub" thread pops up.

next season, mandatory football IQ tests for everyone before posting priviliges are given?
But then how will we make fun of the Titan fans?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009   #20
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Is anyone really surprised by Myers' performance? I mean we drafted a Center in the third round because we did not like his play last year. If we were so high on Myers we would not spend a third rounder on a center, we could have gone in a different direction. Myers is a nice guy, but he is not a center. I have long maintained he is a Depth Guard not a starting center. Look for Caldwell to get some more snaps in practice.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read