Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012   #1841
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

This year's (2012) 3rd round in the draft, excerpt:

3 5 68 Devier Posey Texans WR Ohio State
3 6 69 T.J. Graham Bills WR North Carolina State
3 7 70 Bryan Anger Jaguars P California
3 8 71 Josh Leribeus Redskins G Southern Methodist
3 9 72 Olivier Vernon Dolphins DE Miami (FL)
3 10 73 Brandon Taylor Chargers DB Louisiana State
3 11 74 Donald Stephenson Chiefs T Oklahoma
3 12 75 Russell Wilson Seahawks QB Wisconsin
3 13 76 Brandon Brooks Texans G Miami (OH)

Yeah, I know hindsight is 20/20, but most of us hated the Posey pick when it happened and then tried to convince ourselves that Kubiak knew what he was doing. I think it's pretty clear by now that Kubiak wastes either a 2nd or 3rd round pick every year, and sometimes both.
Old 12-30-2012   #1842
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

Yeah, I know hindsight is 20/20, but most of us hated the Posey pick when it happened and then tried to convince ourselves that Kubiak knew what he was doing. I think it's pretty clear by now that Kubiak wastes either a 2nd or 3rd round pick every year, and sometimes both.
If you want to blame Kubiak for a lot of stuff then fine, but using a "Russell Wilson? reference is not legit. No one knew that Wilson would be as good as he was this season. I'll bag on Kubiak for a lot of things, but I sure as hell won't bag on him or any coach for not picking up Wilson. He was just a nobody QB for the most part where Carroll saw some potential and Carroll capitalized on him.

It was no different then when Kubiak got Foster outside of the draft when no one else saw anything.
Old 12-30-2012   #1843
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Well im officially in....too many issues not addressed that have been going for weeks....
Old 12-30-2012   #1844
qqert
Veteran

Rep Power: 10591 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

its a mystery why the offense is full of suck.

Old 12-30-2012   #1845
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Its hard to ignore a Kubiak decision of a QB sneak on 3rd and 2 inside your own 20. That pretty much sums up Kubiaks coaching in a nutshell.

Old 12-30-2012   #1846
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Well im officially in....too many issues not addressed that have been going for weeks....
You serious?? Someone steal your account?? Are you willing to agree now that Kubiak has never been the coach that you've believed him to be all these years??

Not trying to be an ass, but I'm shocked.
Old 12-30-2012   #1847
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

This is heading towards and quickly turning into a BOB MCNAIR PROBLEM.
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2012   #1848
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

For the fifth straight year I say.....fire his ass!

Each year I want this fool gone in the ffseason, each year I'm disappointed and then some. This year is the year!! Eat whatever is on the contract and off this fool.
Old 12-30-2012   #1849
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

I think this team is past hoping some 3rd round pick pans out for them any ways.

Brooks and Posey were always project guys. Who knows what they can become.
Old 12-30-2012   #1850
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

As I said in the other thread, I wonder why Texans fans aren't calling for Andy Reid. That would definitely seem like something they'd wish for.
Old 12-30-2012   #1851
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
As I said in the other thread, I wonder why Texans fans aren't calling for Andy Reid. That would definitely seem like something they'd wish for.
Heh.

I actually wonder how they would feel. Most people here just seem to want to fire someone just to fire them and prove some point. Whose replacing Kubiak? If it's not a guy who has won a superbowl already then no thanks.
Old 12-30-2012   #1852
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You serious?? Someone steal your account?? Are you willing to agree now that Kubiak has never been the coach that you've believed him to be all these years??

Not trying to be an ass, but I'm shocked.
Lol, i wanted to see what he'd look like with a competent defense behind him.....which he now has...and the results as of late tell me that he's not going to be much better.

Why is he still throwing fly routes up to slow as Lestar Jean...

Why are teams still having a field day blitzing us through the A gap after 7 weeks..

Why is our playcalling so predictable...

Why does he continue to trot shayne graham out there for 50 yarders when he knows that this guy is about as reliable from there as the right side of the o-line

Why why why..
Old 12-30-2012   #1853
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Lol, i wanted to see what he'd look like with a competent defense behind him.....which he now has...and the results as of late tell me that he's not going to be much better.

Why is he still throwing fly routes up to slow as Lestar Jean...

Why are teams still having a field day blitzing us through the A gap after 7 weeks..

Why is our playcalling so predictable...

Why does he continue to trot shayne graham out there for 50 yarders when he knows that this guy is about as reliable from there as the right side of the o-line

Why why why..
Problem is that I don't see Kubes going anywhere for at least two years and that's assuming that the Texans have disappointing seasons. I think it would take at least two more for Bob to find someone new.

My worst fear now is that all blame goes on schaub and Bob feels that Gary needs to necessary time to find a young new QB where he latches on all these extra seasons so Gary can acclimate them.
Old 12-30-2012   #1854
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My worst fear now is that all blame goes on schaub and Bob feels that Gary needs to necessary time to find a young new QB where he latches on all these extra seasons so Gary can acclimate them.
Well, the Texans do need a young new QB. I don't know about "necessary time"? The QBs coming into the league now are plug and play.
Old 12-30-2012   #1855
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Problem is that I don't see Kubes going anywhere for at least two years and that's assuming that the Texans have disappointing seasons. I think it would take at least two more for Bob to find someone new.

Yep......schaub does deserve some of the blame...but this collapse is more on kubiak than anyone else imo....

We've just dropped the ball too many times in big games and in too many areas for him not to be held accountable...
Old 12-30-2012   #1856
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like Andy Reid is available.
Old 12-30-2012   #1857
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 9556 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
This is heading towards and quickly turning into a BOB MCNAIR PROBLEM.
We bypassing Rick Smith on the way?
Old 12-30-2012   #1858
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

kubes, marciano, and MS need a one way ticket out of Houston. Would be nice if bob mcnair would sell the team to an owner that wants to actually win and not just turn a profit...........
Old 12-30-2012   #1859
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Sounds like Andy Reid is available.
Do not want....id like to see us not pick up a retread....
Old 12-30-2012   #1860
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
kubes, marciano, and MS need a one way ticket out of Houston. Would be nice if bob mcnair would sell the team to an owner that wants to actually win and not just turn a profit...........
They are owed a good amount of money.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read