Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012   #1521
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Kube's ain't going anywhere haters. 5-1 speaks for itself.

Is this me?
Old 10-15-2012   #1522
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
This was prior to his having his "ass handed to him by Dom Capers".
Interpreting body language is a losing proposition. Don't put too much into it.
Old 10-15-2012   #1523
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I have always been a firm believer in running your stuff, but aggressive defenses have shown us that they can take away our whole game plan. What it boils down to is, that Kubiak is a horrible when it comes to adjustments and clock management. We need a head coach, not a developer of coordinators.
This post was three years, one month, and one day ago. There's your improvement.
Old 10-15-2012   #1524
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Interpreting body language is a losing proposition. Don't put too much into it.

Whatever man. Dude looked like he was in a funk before the game ever started and I made note of it. Game began and what do you know, he played like he was in a funk.

All I'm saying.
Old 10-15-2012   #1525
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93139 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
This post was three years, one month, and one day ago. There's your improvement.
Tonight's one game had little to do with adjustments and everything to do with terrible discipline. The offside call on the punt is inexcusable. That's for starters.

No disrespect, but you get a swelled head after starting 5-0 and deservedly so, but in the last week two things happened...

You lost your best defensive player
They're were pissed off like hell and played like the top contending team they are supposed to be.

This is still a 12-4 team that, if they can beat Baltimore, has a potential lock on home field throughout the playoffs. Next weeks game for your team is a much bigger test, and it tlooks like they too, will be missing their heart and soul if Rey Rey is gone...

It happens. I'm sure 49er fans feel the same way tonight too.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
Old 10-15-2012   #1526
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What improvement is to be made when you can't run or pass the ball?

Oh and when you give the ball back the other team throws up another TD.

I'm not saying none of this is his fault but the players played like complete garbage today and Wade (The Savior) didn't help Kubiak out too much either.
Old 10-15-2012   #1527
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Tonight's one game had little to do with adjustments and everything to do with terrible discipline.
I agree. But after 3+ years of seeing the same problems from the head coach, it deserves to be discussed no differently than any of the other ongoing problems.
Old 10-15-2012   #1528
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Whatever man. Dude looked like he was in a funk before the game ever started and I made note of it. Game began and what do you know, he played like he was in a funk.

All I'm saying.
Schaub's body language is always off imo. I think you're reading palms. The entire offense played like crap. Maybe it's Arian's vegan diet?
Old 10-15-2012   #1529
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
What improvement is to be made when you can't run or pass the ball?
Well, for starters you call that timeout immediately and prepare for the punt. You get the special teams coach that you employ to get his players to freakin' block someone and try for a decent return. Then you come up with a couple plays that are a balance of risk vs. reward that may result in something. That means no Hail Marys and no 3rd and long draw plays, in case that needed to be clarified. If they don't result in anything, you gave it an honest attempt. If they do, maybe you get a FG or even a TD.

What you don't do is kneel down on the sideline and pray to God that the half ends right then and there for the whole world to see.
Old 10-15-2012   #1530
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
I agree. But after 3+ years of seeing the same problems from the head coach, it deserves to be discussed no differently than any of the other ongoing problems.
And what about the previous five weeks of disciplined, relatively turnover/sack free football? Do we get to discuss those, too?
Old 10-15-2012   #1531
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
And what about the previous five weeks of disciplined, relatively turnover/sack free football? Do we get to discuss those, too?
I forgot what I had you on ignore for, so I took you off to see your contributions to this thread. Glad you're here.

If you want to take a 5 game sample size against the other 97, I'm cool with that. But it's not like I can't go back to games this very year and point out the same tendencies that people have complained about for years. It's just becoming more and more evident that he's not going to change, is all.

He is what he is after 102 games.
Old 10-15-2012   #1532
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Many teams go into the half that way . I personally thought they neded to regroup at that point Esp given the field position and the way the offensive line was blocking
Old 10-15-2012   #1533
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, for starters you call that timeout immediately and prepare for the punt. You get the special teams coach that you employ to get his players to freakin' block someone and try for a decent return. Then you come up with a couple plays that are a balance of risk vs. reward that may result in something. If they don't, you gave it an honest attempt. If they do, maybe you get a FG or even a TD.

What you don't do is kneel down on the sideline and pray to God that the half ends right then and there for the whole world to see.
You are right.

But that one mistake did not cost the team the game.

Green Bay was going to get the ball back any ways and put up 7 (we did not stop them once when we needed to) and then if we gave it a honest try it's likely the ball wasn't going to be moved.

They were just out played today and out coached. It happens though. It's more about how the team responds to something like this though.

This is the first time for Kubiak and this team as a 'powerhouse' team.

Lets see if they are going to play angry next game, hungry, and play much better... Or if they are going to come out in a shell next week and play like a team that's realized they aren't ready yet.
Old 10-15-2012   #1534
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

He's the perfect head coach when we have a lead. Trying to come back from two or three Touchdowns. Well, that's another thing. We used to have a comeback type of offense in 2009 with Kyle Shanahan as offensive coordinator. We need a young and brilliant young mind with energy at OC. His loss was the Redskins gain.
Old 10-15-2012   #1535
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I forgot what I had you on ignore for, so I took you off to see your contributions to this thread. Glad you're here.

If you want to take a 5 game sample size against the other 97, I'm cool with that. But it's not like I can't go back to games this very year and point out the same tendencies that people have complained about for years. It's just becoming more and more evident that he's not going to change, is all.

He is what he is after 102 games.
And Kubiak had the same talent 100 games ago?

Iam not saying he isnt at fault. But different circumstances.
Old 10-15-2012   #1536
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
You are right.

But that one mistake did not cost the team the game.
I said that above. At the risk of repeatedly repeating myself, this thread isn't about one game.
Old 10-15-2012   #1537
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lets see if they are going to play angry next game, hungry, and play much better... Or if they are going to come out in a shell next week and play like a team that's realized they aren't ready yet.
Against a 5-1 Ravens team just as banged up as we are? I'd imagine they'll play much better and win. We can limp into the bye week with a 6-1 record and the 1st seed in the AFC. I'll take it at this point.
Old 10-15-2012   #1538
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
And Kubiak had the same talent 100 games ago?

Iam not saying he isnt at fault. But different circumstances.
Exactly.

I don't understand why that has that much to do with our past two seasons.

Kubes has been winning games now. People saying it's the same I disagree, because we lost so many heart wrenching close games...yall remember that?

How many games we lost on one or two plays that eventually kept us out of the playoffs? Those years?

The past two years have been different. Outside of this game the Texans have been rolling, one bad game and it's time to rethink about all the bad that has happened and forget any of the good.
Old 10-15-2012   #1539
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
I said that above. At the risk of repeatedly repeating myself, this thread isn't about one game.
Oh but it is or it wouldn't have been brought back up 10 months later at the first incident of a Texans loss. I wonder if it was bookmarked
Old 10-15-2012   #1540
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
He's the perfect head coach when we have a lead.
I don't think I agree with that, even. He's the perfect coach when the team has the lead against an inferior opponent. He's made some decisions that have facilitated good teams coming back against the Texans by turtling and not going for the kill several times. As I said after the Saints game last year, when you face a QB like Brees, Rodgers, Brady, etc., you have to play it differently than you do when you play Gabbert. You can't sit on a lead and run the ball exclusively. This team really can't even run the ball successfully at ALL when the other team knows it's coming, to be honest. If this team needs a first down to close out the game, there's more than likely going to be a punt and a reliance upon the defense to end the game. That's fine when you face the Dolphins. Not fine when you face the Saints, Packers, Pats, etc.

He turtles. He's scared to strive for a big play because he's scared of the potential negative. His risk-reward analysis is almost entirely weighted toward risk. In other words, he's a *****.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read