Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010   #1001
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Does anyone know why I can't change my avatar to something custom? I only have the preset options and nowhere to select my own. Help! I'm trying to join the pink soapers.

Oh also I can't change my signature apparently.
Pre-edit your photo to match the required specs. If they aren't EXACT,
you can't use it. For your avatar:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 150 by 80 pixels or 24.4 KB (whichever is smaller).
Old 11-02-2010   #1002
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Does anyone know why I can't change my avatar to something custom? I only have the preset options and nowhere to select my own. Help! I'm trying to join the pink soapers.

Oh also I can't change my signature apparently.
I assume you want a pink soap?
Old 11-02-2010   #1003
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Pre-edit your photo to match the required specs. If they aren't EXACT,
you can't use it. For your avatar:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 150 by 80 pixels or 24.4 KB (whichever is smaller).
No, I mean, there isn't even an option anywhere that lets me try to choose one. And I used to have a custom one when I joined and now the option is gone, or I can't find it. lol.
Old 11-02-2010   #1004
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I assume you want a pink soap?
Yes!

ps - sorry for the slight derail
Old 11-02-2010   #1005
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Put this into the avatar image url box (click the link then copy the entire url): http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/ima...1288732055.jpg
Old 11-02-2010   #1006
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You've got to hate Kubiak to think that was his plan. That he wanted to come out unbalanced, that he would ignore something that was working. That he would continue to put Schaub in bad situations.

I don't hate Kubiak, I don't think he's stupid. Something else must have been going on.
You're in the 1st stage of grief. Denial. You have a long way to go. When you become a Stage Fiver, like myself, you'll be able accept Kubiak's brainfarts much easier.
Old 11-02-2010   #1007
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99196 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2010   #1008
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
You're in the 1st stage of grief. Denial. You have a long way to go. When you become a Stage Fiver, like myself, you'll be able accept Kubiak's brainfarts much easier.
Couldn't. Agree. More.

This feels like the David Carr saga all over again. I honestly wanted to believe in Carr. I blamed it on the o-line. I blamed it on the receivers. I blamed it on the coach. But at some point, you'll have to question whether your blind adherence is legitimate or not.
Old 11-02-2010   #1009
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Couldn't. Agree. More.

This feels like the David Carr saga all over again. I honestly wanted to believe in Carr. I blamed it on the o-line. I blamed it on the receivers. I blamed it on the coach. But at some point, you'll have to question whether your blind adherence is legitimate or not.
This is nothing at all like David Carr. It was easy to see his short-comings. He never looked downfield, he ran into sacks, he had no idea what the defense was doing so he had to stare down his recievers to wait for them to get open. He had no working knowledge of ball placement.

Kubiak on the other hand. You can say that the play calling was atrocious. But we don't know what the play calls were. We don't know which ones Matt checked out of run plays into pass plays. Every body knows he has this capability. But every body thinks he'll be as successful as Peyton when he does this.

3rd & 2, 4th & 2... yeah, we could have run the ball. Doesn't make passing the ball a bad idea when you have Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, & the ball hitting the receiver in stride.

We're complaining about not running the ball... no one wants to talk about being 6 for 18 for 37 yards? David Garrard didn't have that problem. Vince Young won't have that problem.

He's not fire & Brimstone... he doesn't have a huge chin.... But he's doing a good job & we still have an opportunity to win 10+ games & get to the play-offs this year.
Old 11-02-2010   #1010
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You've got to hate Kubiak to think that was his plan. That he wanted to come out unbalanced, that he would ignore something that was working. That he would continue to put Schaub in bad situations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Kubes

"As long as TK believes in me, I'm YOUR COACH!"
"Results be-damned, my kids'll keep battlin.'"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK's Reaction
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Grader's Reaction To This Discussion
Well. At least we have a Dialogue.
Old 11-02-2010   #1011
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well. At least we have a Dialogue.
Results be damned? Who said that?

I'm just not ready to give up on this team, or this season. If we get to 5-7 then your rhetoric would actually make sense, you act as if we already are. We're 4-3, & haven't played our best football yet.

I get that the schedule gets tougher from here on out, but the games still have to be played.
Old 11-02-2010   #1012
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
@ GP

You should bring back that sig (or avatar, forget which one) that was like team logos in space and the lombardi trophy and way off in the distance was the Texans logo and the dad was telling his son "and way over there is our team"

Lol

You remember what I'm talking about? Think it's time to bust that out.
Roger that.
Old 11-02-2010   #1013
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99196 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

guess I am down because this defense haven't given up less than 24 points in any given game... plus it isn't like last year where our loses were close except for the Jets game, this season , we are getting punched in the mouth early and ***** slapped the rest of the way..

Unless there is some miracle with the defense, Bush has to got to go.
Old 11-02-2010   #1014
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
guess I am down because this defense haven't given up less than 24 points in any given game... plus it isn't like last year where our loses were close except for the Jets game, this season , we are getting punched in the mouth early and ***** slapped the rest of the way..

Unless there is some miracle with the defense, Bush has to got to go.
They only gave up 23 yesterday.
Old 11-02-2010   #1015
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
They only gave up 23 yesterday.
well yeah.. if you get technical with it

just frustration with this defense
Old 11-02-2010   #1016
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
well yeah.. if you get technical with it
just frustration with this defense
That's what he does. Accept it, and never argue with it.

For instance:

Me: "I'm SICK of the Texans giving up 400 yards a game!"

TK: "They only gave up 399.99083789070891237489078901249237 yards this week."
TK: "They were even worse last week by giving up 399.99083789070891237489078901249238."
TK: "This team is getting better under Kubiak. They're still young, although in their 5th season!"

See?

Just smile, and don't argue with him. He's trying to cope with the foolishness
we see on the field the best he can.
Old 11-02-2010   #1017
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

For instance:

TK: "They were even worse last week by giving up 399.99083789070891237489078901249238."
TK: "This team is getting better under Kubiak. They're still young, although in their 5th season!"

See?

We each deal with it using the "tools" we have at hand. Because we basically all want the same thing I can't get too wound up over TK. He's just another Daydream Believer looking for a sign.
Old 11-02-2010   #1018
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

For instance:

See?

"That's not what I said."
Old 11-02-2010   #1019
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

For instance:

See?

Lol!

True story: Last night, a good friend and I got into a heated-ass argument after the game at Buffalo Wild Wings. He's Mr. Rah, Rah, the TExans can never do no wrong.

I told him that this defense is really getting on my nerves and I'm tired of this shit. This fool said - and I kid you not - "Well, the Texans have always had a bad defense. Kubiak inherited it."

That's what he said. Granted, this was after a dozen or so beers, but he would have said the same thing regardless. I told him that this is Kubiak's defense and that he needed to own it. He then told me I needed to have a bit more loyalty, and that good teams take a while to build. I damn near screamed that I"ve been a season ticket holder for five years, and that Kubiak has had enough time to build a team.

Some people want to give Kubiak a lifetime contract. If you complain that the team has holes, they say, "Well, but, it was even worse under Capers."

It's a total loser mentality.
Old 11-03-2010   #1020
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

it's kinda funny re-reading some of my posts in this thread, i get drunk and argue just to argue ... making a lick of sense rarely coming into play lol.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read