Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010   #941
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

And as always, it's the coach's fault, and the players get a free pass.

Yeah, you guys stick to the script alright.
Old 11-02-2010   #942
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

The players must follow the gameplan put down by the coach, and it
definitely was a silly gameplan tonight.
Old 11-02-2010   #943
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been saying this the past couple of seasons, its not smart to have an inexperienced head coach coaching a group of young, inexperienced guys. You need someone with experience, someone that has been THERE as a head coach, someone that actually HAS A BRAIN.

We hammered the Colts on the ground game 1, their defense is not built to stop power running not to mention they are banged up everywhere, and their two ends are superior PASS rushers...that sounds like a recipe for some good ol ground and pound. NOPE, not if Kubiak has anything to say about it. It was as if he wanted to show the world we beat them the first time running the ball now we're going to show everyone we can beat them through the air. He left his tackles, especially Duane, on an island against Freeney and Mathis. Because of this, he left Matt on an even smaller island getting crushed. I was barely seeing any chips or double teams until it the 2nd half when it was too late. The way the 1st half went reminded me of the Cowboys game. Against a premiere pass rusher like Ware we came out throwing heavy to begin with and barely ran the ball.

Unfortunately, unless we finish anything under 9-7, I think Kubiak will be back. We'll still be on that cusp and McNair will probably let Kubes try to finish what he started...
Old 11-02-2010   #944
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't think anyone gets a free pass. I do believe, however, a good NFL coaching staff could get more out of this team not only in play calling and in-game decisions but could also get more out of the talent each of these players have. Unprovable for sure, just an opinion.
Old 11-02-2010   #945
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Terrible offensive play calling is on the coaching staff.
Abandoning the run before the game even really got started is on the coaching staff.
Piss-poor execution and adjustments out of a bye-week is a reflection on the coaching staffs inability to prepare the team.
Old 11-02-2010   #946
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

i've spent this entire thread defending kubiak, and still do. how was this game NOT the coaches' faults?
Old 11-02-2010   #947
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I've defended Kubiak for four of his five seasons here. After this season, it's time for a change.
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2010   #948
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm usually a Kubiak defender, and I'm still willing to give him the rest of the year before I fully make up my mind on him for next year, but I was disappointed he abandoned the run. Foster ran 33 times for 231 yards the last time Houston played the Colts, and he ran 15 times for 102 averaging 6.8 yards a carry. I admit Schaub had an awful game tonight, and though the defense wasn't totally awful I didn't expect them to get off the field either, but why stop running the ball when it has worked so well against the Colts?
Old 11-02-2010   #949
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
the steelers and ravens and patriots and colts prove year after year that you do take your time. each team is built almost entirely with their own draft picks and rarely go after major free agents - even after having solid and mature rosters.

i'll rail for days on kubiak's stubbornness and inflexibility when it comes to game management and at times player loyalty. but the best FRANCHISES (not teams, franchises), are those that do exactly what we're doing by sticking with kubiak ... they've just had a couple decades' head start. the constant losers are those with consistant turnover at key positions, free agents, and coaches - even if they sneak in a great season or two.

andre hasnt bolted, nor daniels, nor ryans. we do very well to keep our own under kubiak.
So, we're supposed to wait 20 years for Kubiak to grow into a head coach?

Come on. 5 years is enough time.
Old 11-02-2010   #950
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
I've been saying this the past couple of seasons, its not smart to have an inexperienced head coach coaching a group of young, inexperienced guys.
i couldnt agree more with this statement, however i think our problem is the opposite. our lack of experience and leadership is on the field, not the sidelines (despite kubiak almost single handedly losing this game). we have no ray lewis or darren sharper or charles woodsen or casey hampton or peyton manning. veteran leadership and motivation on the field to combine with younger head coaches.

name a new or first time head coach without a leader over 30 years old (i can name atleast 3 players for each coach). there's only 1 coach without, and he's in houston.

this is the conflict IMO. either we start acquiring those players, or we ride the process until they occur naturally.
Old 11-02-2010   #951
BullsOnParade
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 282 BullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respected

The worst thing about the coaching was that we were coming off of a bye.
Old 11-02-2010   #952
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsOnParade View Post
The worst thing about the coaching was that we we're coming off of a bye.
That is not surprising though. Texans are 1-4 under Kubiak after the bye. 1-3 in the 2nd game after the bye.
Old 11-02-2010   #953
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
So, we're supposed to wait 20 years for Kubiak to grow into a head coach?

Come on. 5 years is enough time.
if we have 4 championships in those 20 years, would you complain? i'm not planning on jumping on someone else's bandwagon in those 20 years.

i want THIS texans team to mature and find their peak. we continue to acquire top tier talent each season almost exclusively through the draft and without spending much money at all. despite his flaws (of which i am usually quick to point out), i think too many choose to ignore our successes.

believe me, when i feel we're at a point where kubiak has plateau'd both coaching and building this franchise, i'll be right there suggesting replacements. i dont think we're close to either one ... we are continuing that upward trend.
Old 11-02-2010   #954
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsOnParade View Post
The worst thing about the coaching was that we were coming off of a bye.
that has to be the most frustrating part. we had 2 weeks to design an offense specifically (and literally) to run over the colts.

pass, pass, pass, sack - punt

2 weeks to come up with that.
Old 11-02-2010   #955
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I'm usually a Kubiak defender, and I'm still willing to give him the rest of the year before I fully make up my mind on him for next year, but I was disappointed he abandoned the run. Foster ran 33 times for 231 yards the last time Houston played the Colts, and he ran 15 times for 102 averaging 6.8 yards a carry. I admit Schaub had an awful game tonight, and though the defense wasn't totally awful I didn't expect them to get off the field either, but why stop running the ball when it has worked so well against the Colts?
Ok, this is MY opinion. I'm just a Texans fan. I am just as bitterly disappointed in this loss as the rest of you. But I don't, and never will, claim to know more than Kubiak, or any coach for that matter, how to coach a football team.

I know this for a fact. The players want to play for him. As long as that condition exists, I will never, and I mean NEVER, call for him to be fired. I will only call for a coach to be fired when I feel he has lost his team. I think Wade Phillips has lost his team, and that's why I think he should be fired.

Most of you just want change, for change sake. Well, get over it. Kubiak will be here for long, long time.
Old 11-02-2010   #956
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok, this is MY opinion. I'm just a Texans fan. I am just as bitterly disappointed in this loss as the rest of you. But I don't, and never will, claim to know more than Kubiak, or any coach for that matter, how to coach a football team.

I know this for a fact. The players want to play for him. As long as that condition exists, I will never, and I mean NEVER, call for him to be fired. I will only call for a coach to be fired when I feel he has lost his team. I think Wade Phillips has lost his team, and that's why I think he should be fired.

Most of you just want change, for change sake. Well, get over it. Kubiak will be here for long, long time.
Of course I respect your opinion. Speaking for myself I know change for change's sake is foolhardy. My reasons are above in another post.

Uh-oh. Close lightning strike here. Bye-bye.

I hope all has a good night.
Old 11-02-2010   #957
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't want Kubiak fired, and didn't say I did. I don't understand the play-calling when the running game seemed to be working. There were a couple of 3rd and 3s early in the game where I would have ran the ball, and on that fourth down try I would have tried running the ball instead. The running game was working and Schaub seemed to be struggling so the wise thing to do IMO is try to establish the running game.
Old 11-02-2010   #958
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
if we have 4 championships in those 20 years, would you complain? i'm not planning on jumping on someone else's bandwagon in those 20 years.
I disagree strongly with just about everything you've said on the last 2 pages, but I'll respond to this.

The reason most of us want Kubiak gone (at the END of the season) is because we don't think he has shown any signs that he can or will improve in the near or even distant future. It's not like he has been steadily improving. In fact, I doubt if he has improved at all. The team has improved a ton because we have a shitload of talent. And now it's the coaching that is holding back our talent.

The idea that if we just keep him around for another 15 years we will win the Super Bowl 4 times is outright ludicrous. You keep a guy for 20 years if he is a good coach and shows improvement each year. Kubiak is neither a good coach nor does he show improvement each year.

Your blind willingness to keep him forever (based on what, exactly?) is difficult to understand.
Old 11-02-2010   #959
Scooter
Funky

edit: drunk posting.
Old 11-02-2010   #960
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

How can a team not be prepared to play a beat up team with 2 weeks to prepare?

A team we crushed in game 1 this year. A team that has shown repeatedly that it cannot stop the run.

How can we not give Brown help to stop Freeney?

How can we look good one week and totally inept the next?

Where is Cushing? Is he back from suspension yet? When is he due back? He is beginning to look like Merriman here. Not very good after testing positive for PEDS.

I have never been a pink soaper, but am beginning to see the light.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read