Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-12-2009   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Jeff Garcia.......... free again

Not that this means anything to the Texans, but I suspect it'll add to some of the QB drama around the league.

Raiders Cut 22

Quote:
But it was the release of Garcia that qualified as the biggest surprise.

He rarely was seen talking to Russell at practice or in the locker room, and he showed no overt signs of passing on any of the things he learned in his first 10 years in the NFL.

KFFL says

Quote:
Raiders | Garcia wanted out
Sat, 12 Sep 2009 15:25:42 -0700

Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports Oakland Raiders head coach Tom Cable said Saturday, Sept. 12, that QB Jeff Garcia, now a free agent, asked for the team to release him. "It was a shock to all of us," Cable said. "We were blown away."
Old 09-12-2009   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jeff Garcia.......... free again

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Not that this means anything to the Texans, but I suspect it'll add to some of the QB drama around the league.

Raiders Cut 22

KFFL says

Jut a sign of the quality of the organization I guess though I am also fairly certain that Garcia envisions himself as a starter and not a wise old veteran who's hanging around to pass wisdom on to some kid.

Even if that's all he likely is at this point. I guess he's got visions of one more starting gig before he concedes the point. He'll either get it somewhere or he'll be done.
Old 09-12-2009   #3
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Jeff Garcia.......... free again

I would gladly take him over our backup probably even our starter.

I think he wanted to be in the bay area and expected by mid season to be the started due to injury or ineptness.

J-flop (as Raider fans call him) has shown less then Young when it comes to development. That team is in a free fall.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read