Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texas and Wyoming

Wolf

100% Texan
6-3 right now UT

Texas needs to wake up

wyoming is playing good defense, someone is around the ball instantly on every play

also been some weird calls by the refs

Wolf

100% Texan
Texas down 10-6 now..

blocked punt for a TD .. Texas better wake up now and stop sleep walking

Wolf

100% Texan
halftime now

boy Mack is NOT happy with the punter .. had one blocked and decided to run(on his own) on 4th down (didn't get it) while Texas was inside the 10

Last edited:

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Oh well, atleast we aren't OSU fans right now, LOL......UH is kicking the dog crap out of them in their own stadium. VERY IMPRESSIVE.....this could be the year the cougs get a major BCS bowl game.

Nevermind.....UH came out and laid down like dogs, they're already pissed away that big lead in a matter of minutes.

Last edited:

Showtime100

Got JJ?
I saw the replay and wondered about the run for the roses (punter running for the first down). That was the punters deal? Boooooy he's in trooooublllllle. Not good when you have to sit next to Mac all the way home.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
THis is nothing new. This is just a typical Texas game where Greg Davis has a terrible game plan and the other team stops that garbage short stuff since Greg Davis is anti deep ball even though Colt throws a very accurate and nice deep ball. Texas will always be in danger of getting beaten by tough teams (Not Wyoming) as long as Mack Brown and Greg Davis are there, because they are two of the most stubborn coaches in college football when it comes to an offense.

Just last week on the first two deep balls that Texas threw in the first half Shipley was open and got the pass interference call made, and the next one went for a TD. Yet, this week we don't throw one deep pass at all in the entire first half. Greg Davis is and always will be a trash offensive coordinator.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
THis is nothing new. This is just a typical Texas game where Greg Davis has a terrible game plan and the other team stops that garbage short stuff since Greg Davis is anti deep ball even though Colt throws a very accurate and nice deep ball. Texas will always be in danger of getting beaten by tough teams (Not Wyoming) as long as Mack Brown and Greg Davis are there, because they are two of the most stubborn coaches in college football when it comes to an offense.

Just last week on the first two deep balls that Texas threw in the first half Shipley was open and got the pass interference call made, and the next one went for a TD. Yet, this week we don't throw one deep pass at all in the entire first half. Greg Davis is and always will be a trash offensive coordinator.

It's kind of hard to argue against the success that Mack Brown and his program has had.

Last edited:

WWJD

Hall of Fame
Texas just scored another TD.

Mac is one of the very best college coaches there is and his record speaks for itself. UT has one of the best if not the best winning percentages in the country for some years now.

Streaming the game right now.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
It's kind of hard to argue against the success Mack Brown and his program have had.
NOt arguing against it. Texas has way more talent than any other teams on their schedules typically every year other than Oklahoma. I could name so many numerous examples where Texas has lost games due to their horrible offensive game plan by Greg Davis. THey are anti deep ball and have been for years. It makes no sense. No matter how successful they are with it and how good of WR's they have, they'll stick that dink and dunk stuff no matter what.

Did you not watch that TT game last season and not see how easily TT stopped that stuff in that first half of last year and how we didn't throw down the field? I screamed my head off the entire first half to throw down the field, and finally they did and Malcom Williams made those big plays in the 2nd half but unfortunately it was to late. Did you not watch that bowl game last year against Ohio State?? It was one of the worst offensive game plans I had ever witnessed. It was atrocious. They threw the ball down the field one time the entire half. The defense is what kept Texas in that game.

Mack has always been known as a terrible X's and O's coach when it comes to forming game plans against different match ups. He was known for not being able to win big games until VY got there and started winning games with all time great performances and many people know that he actually saved Mack's job because Mack was under a ton of pressure to fire Greg Davis and wouldn't do it.

Plus the Big 12 went through a lot of years with some pretty weak schedules for Texas. It was practically the BIG 10 other than the Red River Shoot out game up until last season. Texas has so much more talent than the teams they face every week other than Oklahoma. There supposed to be blowing teams out every week. If Texas had Stoops as their HC they would have had at least one more National Championship and maybe even two more.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Texas just scored another TD.

Mac is one of the very best college coaches there is and his record speaks for itself. UT has one of the best if not the best winning percentages in the country for some years now.

Streaming the game right now.
Mack is not a great coach. He's a great recruiter that has far and away better talent than all of the teams that he faces every year other than Oklahoma.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
It's kind of hard to argue against the success that Mack Brown and his program has had.
The pre-conference schedule is weak as it is every year. On one hand give Texas credit. They beat up on nobody's and they know the NCAA rewards them for it, plain and simple. On the other hand Texas' success against nothing only goes so far.

I can't post that without acknowledging the many accomplishments by the Horns in Big 12 and BCS play, don't get me wrong. Just sayin' I guess.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
The pre-conference schedule is weak as it is every year. On one hand give Texas credit. They beat up on nobody's and they know the NCAA rewards them for it, plain and simple. On the other hand Texas' success against nothing only goes so far.

I can't post that without acknowledging the many accomplishments by the Horns in Big 12 and BCS play, don't get me wrong. Just sayin' I guess.
I'm not talking about their pre-conference schedule........you can't even argue against the success his program has had in his conference. They had one of the toughest schedules last year and came up one play short from running the table. Year in and year out, Mack Brown's program competes with all the other big programs in the country.

If I did have to question one thing though.....It would be the lack of NFL talent he's recruited over the last couple of years. His roster now is a far cry from the one he had 4 years ago, but that was a GREAT team and those teams don't come around very often.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
I'm not talking about their pre-conference schedule........you can't even argue against the success his program has had in his conference. They had one of the toughest schedules last year and came up one play short from running the table. Year in and year out, Mack Brown's program competes with all the other big programs in the country.

If I did have to question one thing though.....It would be the lack of NFL talent he's recruited over the last couple of years. His roster now is a far cry from the one he had 4 years ago, but that was a GREAT team and those teams don't come around very often.
Fair enough. They need to quit playing nobody's though. As said before, the NCAA loves a team that beats up on the little guy and penalizes teams that play the tough games. Pretty screwed up, and Texas takes advantage.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Fair enough. They need to quit playing nobody's though. As said before, the NCAA loves a team that beats up on the little guy and penalizes teams that play the tough games. Pretty screwed up, and Texas takes advantage.
Almost every big program starts the season against cupcake teams... They play Texas Tech next week and then have to navigate through the big 12. While it looks like the big 12 is slightly down this year I don't think anybody is going to complain about the toughness of the the schedule they faced last season.

Also, I'm pretty sure Texas had Arkansas scheduled for this game today and they backed out of it........you can't blame Mack Brown for that and Arkansas would've been a quality opponent "early on".

Last edited:

bah007

Hall of Fame
Utah backed out of games with us last year and this year plus Arkansas postponed our game for this year so we were forced to find two replacements.

Hard to work out a deal with a quality opponent on that short of notice.

Also remember it wasn't too long ago that we did the home and home with Ohio St.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Utah backed out of games with us last year and this year plus Arkansas postponed our game for this year so we were forced to find two replacements.

Hard to work out a deal with a quality opponent on that short of notice.

Also remember it wasn't too long ago that we did the home and home with Ohio St.
I applauded the OSU series. Only that doesn't cover the other 30 years I'm talking about. You can defend it all you want. I've made my point, later.

bah007

Hall of Fame
I applauded the OSU series. Only that doesn't cover the other 30 years I'm talking about. You can defend it all you want. I've made my point, later.
LOL you are a really good poster here but your over the top hate for the University of Texas and anyone who is a fan of them is really hilarious.

Wolf

100% Texan
teams like wyoming set games like this so 1) they can get a gauge on progress of their team.. and 2) I come to realize it potentially can be a good recruiting tool when explaining to kids that they get to play against a Texas or Florida or whoever.

Teams like Texas IMO.. use games like this to get ready for the conference battle

It would be nice if there was no BsCS and it was a true playoff system and it possibly eliminate some of the games like this but not sure if we would see that happen

heck there is enough argument about USC getting in every year with their conference schedule being weak (not their fault)

I figure teams like North Texas/tulane/Flordia international etc etc get paid well for playing the big boys

Goldensilence

hipster elite
Not the biggest fan of Greg Davis. the problem is despite everything his offenses are still some of the most productive in the NCAA, which is why Mack will probably never replace him. I wish he would create more mistmatches with his talent instead of just letting them go out and do their thing.

I like Mack as a guy, but I'd be lying if I said I thought he was an elite college coach. He is an elite recruiter though and that's what keeps his job.

Despite my criticisms of Mack and his staff, it's hard to argue what his teams have accomlished with him at the helm. National title, Heisman winner, a list of All-Americans and other trophies. I think they also have the longest streak of players selected in the first round and seven(going on 8) consecutive double digit win seasons.

For those wanting to point to the Big 12, I love the conference but it really has been inconsistent the past couple of years outside of UT and OU. So to say other then OU they beat up on the rest of the conference isn't telling the entire story.