Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-12-2009   #1
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Whohoo - Daughter Dancing at Halftime

Admittedly this is meaningless to most people but I think it is cool. My daughter will be performing highland dancing during the halftime of the Hags game on September 27th. Her school, St. Thomas Episcopal, will have their dancers and pipe (as in bag pipes) and drum corps performing. St. Thomas has a stellar program for both and has three world championships (yes as in they compete in Scotland each year) in pipe and drum and a couple years ago had the individual dance world champion. Cool to see a small school get a big stage for all their hard work. Unfortunately my son is one year shy of being on the competitive drum corps although he is first or second on his squad depending on who is judging.
Old 09-12-2009   #2
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whohoo - Daughter Dancing at Halftime

Whohoo is correct! Congrats and enjoy the spotlight with your daughter. This is a big thing to her! (and you)
Old 09-12-2009   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Very cool. Congrats!
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Admittedly this is meaningless to most people but I think it is cool. My daughter will be performing highland dancing during the halftime of the Hags game on September 27th. Her school, St. Thomas Episcopal, will have their dancers and pipe (as in bag pipes) and drum corps performing. St. Thomas has a stellar program for both and has three world championships (yes as in they compete in Scotland each year) in pipe and drum and a couple years ago had the individual dance world champion. Cool to see a small school get a big stage for all their hard work. Unfortunately my son is one year shy of being on the competitive drum corps although he is first or second on his squad depending on who is judging.
The lady who gave my son private lessons on trumpet got them ( all kids she taught ) to play the national anthem at an Astros game . It will be a memory for all of you to cherish .

ps. Roger Clements pitched that day against the Mets . Piazza hit a 2 run homer in the 9nth to win it .

Last edited by infantrycak; 09-13-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

That is very cool CAK.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Augh! The only game that I won't be attending!

Sure would have been nice to see the performance. My cousin went to St Thomas as well as St Thomas University. I'm glad they're getting some recognition.

My family e-sends congratulations to your daughter. Make sure she receives them. I'm happy for her!
Old 09-12-2009   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats Chris!! Fantastic memories! I'm very proud for your daughter, quiet an accomplishment!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2009   #8
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile Re: Whohoo - Daughter Dancing at Halftime

Congratulations Hopefully you'll get this on video, too. Good luck in Scotland this year as well
Old 09-13-2009   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks everyone. She was so funny when she told me. Picked her up from school and she all casually asks, "so dad, you gonna come see me dance at halftime at the Texans?" Knowing full well I haven't ever missed a game. Very proud of her. Not sure I am video savvy enough to post something but I will try. If anyone gets it on photo or video I sure would appreciate them sharing it.

This is my daughter about 18 months ago after winning a dance competition, eating crawfish:

Last edited by infantrycak; 09-13-2009 at 09:00 AM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #10
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
don't know which one she was, but they did a fine job!
Old 09-28-2009   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119300 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I missed this a couple of weeks ago, very nice 'Cak!
Old 09-29-2009   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris! I think Will Reeves has a video of this on facebook! Check with him.

AWESOME performance!! FINALLY something at halftime that was worth watching.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
HOLY COW Chris. The strain of the season and this board are sure putting the hurt on you! Your starting to look like me

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read