Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-11-2005   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default SI.com's 1st Mock.

Pick: 13
Position: LB
Player: Derrick Johnson
School: Texas
Year: Sr.
Height: 6-4
Weight: 235

"The Texans won't be able to pass on this home-state star. He's an impact player who can chase the ball all over the field, and he's versatile enough to play in different spots in Houston's 3-4 scheme. Could be a steal if he lasts."

Link
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

If that happens, good bye Foreman!!!
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005   #3
grandslam1
Veteran

i would love to see Derrick Johnson with the Texans!
grandslam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Only in our Dreams can we choose between Derrick Johnson & Marcus Spears
@ 13 !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005   #5
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
@ 13 !
Tell me about it. You know one, or both will be gone. With San Diego right in front of us at 12, they will be looking at both.

I can see DJ going anywhere from 3-12, and Spears at #12. but San Diego did get Olshansky last draft. But that doesnt mean they wont take a DE like Spears.
Old 02-11-2005   #6
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Tell me about it. You know one, or both will be gone. With San Diego right in front of us at 12, they will be looking at both.

I can see DJ going anywhere from 3-12, and Spears at #12. but San Diego did get Olshansky last draft. But that doesnt mean they wont take a DE like Spears.
But SD also needs a wideout. Brees' year was all Tomlinson and Gates. The WRs were iffy at best.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005   #7
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01
But SD also needs a wideout. Brees' year was all Tomlinson and Gates. The WRs were iffy at best.
You are right. McCardell didnt do as much as I thought he would. Maybe they take Mike Williams.

Lets hope the do so.
Sponsored links
Old 02-11-2005   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

one thing I noticed about DJ.. he has that "punch" when he tackles and it helps to cause fumbles.. It is the type of technique that reminds me of LT when he would cause turnovers.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005   #9
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

Derrick Johson is a playmaker. It would be a crime for him to be picked at #13. But hey, sometimes the guilty are set free...........

It would be hard for me to imagine him lasting for 13 picks. Some places I think he could be picked are the Browns at #3, the Titans at #6 (I doubt that 1 though), the Lions at #10 (a big possiblity), and the Chargers at #12.

DJ runs the feild looking for the ball, and uses proper technique. He is always stripping the ball, and I think in the Oklahoma game he punched the ball out from behind from a Oklahoma reciever while tackling the WR out of bounds. That my friends is what I like to call "talent".

There is no doubt he would come in and be a presence. He may be the fire this defense is missing...........
Old 02-12-2005   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Roy Williams Deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
@ 13 !

Yep DJ's gonna blow them away at the combine and move up the boards like a scalded cat hits the tree trunk. OMG 240 pound saftey. Welcome to the 21st centurty sports fans. Talk about run support. Luv to see it. But I won't believe untill draft day. Spears might be there. The other thread got me thinking move down take the best gaurd on the board. JMHO.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 02-12-2005 at 12:10 PM. Reason: spelling
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005   #11
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger
Some places I think he could be picked are the Browns at #3
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=5

Jeff Garcia - # 5 - Quarterback - 6'1" - 200lbs
Wed Feb 9 2005 - Garcia's future with the Browns -- if there is one -- will be determined in the next week or so, the Akron Beacon Journal reports. The Browns are expected to release the QB.

^^If the Browns do this, there is a strong possibility that they will draft a QB with their #3 pick unless they pry Drew Brees away from San Diego some how or they acquire a veteran that they feel strongly about starting
Old 02-12-2005   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

true, but I will be suprised if DJ is available at us at 13. Someone will make a trade up and get him the closer to 13 he gets.
unfortuantly
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete
OMG 240 pound saftey. Welcome to the 21st centurty sports fans. Talk about run support. Luv to see it.
The Bengals David Fulcher was one of the first 230-240 sized Safeties in the NFL in the 80's.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005   #14
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
true, but I will be suprised if DJ is available at us at 13. Someone will make a trade up and get him the closer to 13 he gets.
unfortuantly
The team that I see maybe drafting Williams in the current draft rotation is Oakland. Don't know if any one will trade up for William's services, but just speaking from the current drafting rotation though

Last edited by LikeABoss; 02-12-2005 at 03:37 PM.
LikeABoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read