Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2009   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Dunta to start

Quote:
Less than a week after he reported and signed his one-year tender as the franchise player, cornerback Dunta Robinson will start against the New York Jets on Sunday.

After watching Robinson work out all week, including with the starting defense, coach Gary Kubiak announced Friday that Robinson will start opposite Fred Bennett.

"It makes me feel good that coach has confidence in me," Robinson said. "I feel great right now. I'm ready to play."

Free safety Eugene Wilson, who has a sprained knee, will not play against the Jets. He'll be replaced by Nick Ferguson, who started nine games last season.

Meanwhile, receiver Kevin Walter's hamstring injury has improved, but he's still going to be a game-time decision.
LINK
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #2
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta to start

Good news! He should be starting. I'm really happy to have Dunta Robinson back on the Houston Texans and I sure can't wait to see him play this Sunday!

That being said... Will Cushing definitely start on Sunday? I'd like to see something official here.
Old 09-11-2009   #3
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Not much of a surprise here. His value as a punishing open field tackler is reason enough to start him against the Jets since we only have 1 other guy who can tackle.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

This will be very interesting, to say the least.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #5
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Good news! He should be starting. I'm really happy to have Dunta Robinson back on the Houston Texans and I sure can't wait to see him play this Sunday!

That being said... Will Cushing definitely start on Sunday? I'd like to see something official here.
Cush is a go for Sunday.
Old 09-11-2009   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #7
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

2 guys who didn't even play a pre-season game are going to start Sunday?

I'm going to drink early, and drink often gameday.

Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2009   #8
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76texan View Post
x2!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #9
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
2 guys who didn't even play a pre-season game are going to start Sunday?

I'm going to drink early, and drink often gameday.

Sad part is, it's a massive improvement
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #10
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Cush is a go for Sunday.
He was practicing fully before Tampa. The held him out as a precaution. He's "100%"
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
He was practicing fully before Tampa. The held him out as a precaution. He's "100%"
Still waiting for something official here...
Old 09-11-2009   #12
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought texans talk was official
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Every thing points to him playing as of right now he's on the active roster. Just trust me when I say he is a go.
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Roster.asp
Old 09-11-2009   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Every thing points to him playing as of right now he's on the active roster. Just trust me when I say he is a go.
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Roster.asp
Trust you? Like with the Andre Johnson 'incident?' Nothing personal against you, gary. I just want something official from the Texans. Being on the roster doesn't mean he's starting either.
Old 09-11-2009   #15
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 114327 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's not listed at all on the injury report (Schaub is probable, Wilson and Reeves are out, and Deljuan and Walter are questionable).

LINK
Old 09-11-2009   #16
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

there was an interview on ht.com/tv with Cush who said himself he feels good and ready to play and also threw in a couple "100 percents" for good measure. Not really official but it is directly out of his mouth. I assume he knows what's what.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Trust you? Like with the Andre Johnson 'incident?' Nothing personal against you, gary. I just want something official from the Texans. Being on the roster doesn't mean he's starting either.
The Texans would have said something already IMO. We probably won't know for sure untill Sunday. The Chron has said so also. He is going to play how often I just don't know. I don't like the fact that you brought up the A.J. thing again. That is unfair and just not right to do. This isn't just one single source telling me this a few different sources that I've heard the samething from. Now wether he is going to start or not is the question at hand.
Old 09-11-2009   #18
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

At $10 million he better start and poop gold cuff links too.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans would have said something already IMO. We probably won't know for sure untill Sunday. The Chron has said so also. He is going to play how often I just don't know. I don't like the fact that you brought up the A.J. thing again. That is unfair and just not right to do. This isn't just one single source telling me this a few different sources that I've heard the samething from. Now wether he is going to start or not is the question at hand.
I think that is the question at hand.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #20
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I think that is the question at hand.
To me I'm not sure if wants to know if he's going to start or even play I might be wrong.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read