Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2009   #1
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1541 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fan avatar wager on rival site

For those who might be interested some rival site members would like to make some individual wagers on the game sunday. No money bets, just losing team fans changing their avatars to winning players pictures for a week. Here's more info.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=199255
Old 09-11-2009   #2
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fan avatar wager on rival site

I generally go avatarless but I'm definitely in if both boards can get on this wagon. Let's have some fun! I've really really enjoyed reading posts over there and here as well. It's been a good week with Jets fans. Look at them here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czzRSZunj-I

Credit goes to gwallaia for this find!
Old 09-11-2009   #3
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I generally go avatarless but I'm definitely in if both boards can get on this wagon. Let's have some fun! I've really really enjoyed reading posts over there and here as well. It's been a good week with Jets fans. Look at them here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czzRSZunj-I

Credit goes to gwallaia for this find!
I'd be willing to do that, but I don't feel like having to get another account and all of that. Tell them to come in here and I'll make a fun bet with any one of them.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'd be willing to do that, but I don't feel like having to get another account and all of that. Tell them to come in here and I'll make a fun bet with any one of them.
I'm not making an account over there. I'm saying that I'll wear a Jets avatar here and I'd expect someone over there to wear a Texans avatar if the Texans win. An agreement between two boards. I read their boards as they've been linked here but I don't generally post.
Old 09-11-2009   #5
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1541 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will moderate on this end between the boards then and I'll let you know who you're paired up against.
Old 09-11-2009   #6
SDJetsFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SDJetsFan was voted MVPSDJetsFan was voted MVPSDJetsFan was voted MVP

I picked a really pretty picture of Mark Sanchez for one of you to display for a week

(I'm TokyoJetsFan on the other board)
SDJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #7
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not making an account over there. I'm saying that I'll wear a Jets avatar here and I'd expect someone over there to wear a Texans avatar if the Texans win. An agreement between two boards. I read their boards as they've been linked here but I don't generally post.
I'm down then, even though I think it's a very strong chance that we will lose this week.
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2009   #8
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm down then, even though I think it's a very strong chance that we will lose this week.
Boo! No negative vibes, our boys come out blazing this Sunday, count on it.
Old 09-11-2009   #9
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not know how this works, but there are several Jets fans who have registered here at TexansTalk, and are trying to get onto the board in connection with this challenge, but their registrations have not been activated yet. If anyone can help with that, your assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDJetsFan View Post
I picked a really pretty picture of Mark Sanchez for one of you to display for a week

(I'm TokyoJetsFan on the other board)
I'll be waiting for a gameday photo of Mario picking pieces of Sanchez off his uniform. I'll have one after the game.

Calling upon BullpenPhotos for some great great action pictures!
Old 09-11-2009   #11
SDJetsFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SDJetsFan was voted MVPSDJetsFan was voted MVPSDJetsFan was voted MVP

Quote:
I'll be waiting for a gameday photo of Mario picking pieces of Sanchez off his uniform. I'll have one after the game.

Calling upon BullpenPhotos for some great great action pictures!
That is my biggest fear on Sunday. Mario shouldn't be allowed to play. He's a freak.
SDJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Boo! No negative vibes, our boys come out blazing this Sunday, count on it.
Well we sure as hell didn't come out blazing last season in game one.

My vibe doesn't mean anything. I think we'll win, but just because I'm a Texans fan doesn't mean I go all homer about the way I analyze a game. The Jets have a very good run defense and we'll be trying to run the ball a lot. Schaub's ankle is banged up which is not good either and there is a very good chance that Walter could miss this game, and even if he plays he won't be 100% healthy.

The Jets have a very good running game and we have a very weak run defense. The Jets may have a rookie QB, but he's looked very good in pre season so far.

We should win this game, but I'm not completely sold that the Texans are going to be this break out team that many others do. I'm waiting to see what we finally do in a regular game first. People like to act like this is some "gimme" type of game and match up, but last time I checked we're playing a team that had the same record that we did last season. THey just have a rookie QB now, but I like a lot of what I'm seeing out of Sanchez.

Last edited by Texecutioner; 09-11-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2009   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
I do not know how this works, but there are several Jets fans who have registered here at TexansTalk, and are trying to get onto the board in connection with this challenge, but their registrations have not been activated yet. If anyone can help with that, your assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I think the mods have to okay their accounts first before any of them can post.
Old 09-11-2009   #14
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the mods have to okay their accounts first before any of them can post.
That's what I thought, but I registered on this board so long ago, I just did not remember what the procedure was here.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #15
euro-Texan
All Pro

Who's all in on this one? Straight win (no spread), Monday to Monday, winner picks losers avatar for the week.

So far we have:

euro-Texan
NitroHonda
Texecutioner
b0ng ???
Mojo ???
Old 09-11-2009   #16
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Who's all in on this one? Straight win (no spread), Monday to Monday, winner picks losers avatar for the week.

So far we have:

euro-Texan
NitroHonda
Texecutioner
b0ng ???
Mojo ???
Wait a second first, who is in it in there camp? Where are the names of these guys who will sport whatever avy that I choose for them?
Old 09-11-2009   #17
euro-Texan
All Pro

Here is the head to head from thier site:

Euro-texan - sdJETSetter

NitroHonda - TokyoJetsFan

Texacutioner - BigWorm

b0ng - OPEN

Old 09-11-2009   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I neeed to find a pic of Cush and Sanchez "Being Brothers"
Old 09-11-2009   #19
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Here is the head to head from thier site:

Euro-texan - sdJETSetter

NitroHonda - TokyoJetsFan

Texacutioner - BigWorm

b0ng - OPEN

Alright I'm down.
Old 09-11-2009   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Count me in.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read