Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2009   #41
Dimitri_0515
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [NY Daily News] This is a Must Win for Sanchez

No doubt, it will be a tough game for both teams. It's going to be a fun game to watch and I can't wait.
Dimitri_0515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #42
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11948 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Rhodes25 View Post
I'm not really sure yet with what they'll do as its a new system and they didn't really show much in the preseason, only used 1 coverage scheme. I just know that Rhodes was given a lot of freedom in this defense to make plays. I'm interested to see how this defense does against a very good offense. We have a tough stretch starting off the season, we play you guys then the Patriots so 2 explosive offenses right away. Then the Titans who I am actually not that worried about some reason never worried about the Titans, guess cause their offense doesn't scare me.
Then we play the Saints and their explosive offense... So we play 3 top tier offenses to start the season.
The Titans usually have an impressive run control offense, and are not to be taken lightly. Of course they are beatable, but you guys will want to make sure you have your britches cinched up when you play against the Titans. No question the Jets could lose that game.

Everyone on your board seems to be very excited about the Rex Ryan and the very aggressive and creative defensive schemes that he employs. It sounds like he uses a lot of blitz packages. Once again, if you are going to bring an extra guy or two on a blitz, that is fewer people left for coverage in the secondary. In those cases, I would expect man-to-man coverage. How good is Kerry Rhodes as a man-up cover guy? And how good of a blitzer is he? Did he get any sacks last year?
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #43
Dimitri_0515
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
The Titans usually have an impressive run control offense, and are not to be taken lightly. Of course they are beatable, but you guys will want to make sure you have your britches cinched up when you play against the Titans. No question the Jets could lose that game.

Everyone on your board seems to be very excited about the Rex Ryan and the very aggressive and creative defensive schemes that he employs. It sounds like he uses a lot of blitz packages. Once again, if you are going to bring an extra guy or two on a blitz, that is fewer people left for coverage in the secondary. In those cases, I would expect man-to-man coverage. How good is Kerry Rhodes as a man-up cover guy? And how good of a blitzer is he? Did he get any sacks last year?
You guys can go back and forth all day about this, there are some qualities the Texans have that the Jets don't and some qualities the Jets have that the Texans don't. That's what should be fun about it. Our greatest strength is our defense, the Texan's is their offense.
Old 09-10-2009   #44
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11948 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
You guys can go back and forth all day about this, there are some qualities the Texans have that the Jets don't and some qualities the Jets have that the Texans don't. That's what should be fun about it. Our greatest strength is our defense, the Texan's is their offense.
The back and forth is what we do here.

Talk some football with me Dmitri. I have tried to share my insights and perspective on the Texans on your board. Teach us something about your team. I will re-post my question to KRhodes about his namesake - Jets Safety Kerry Rhodes, below:

Quote:
Do you have any insights that you might be willing to share with us?
Old 09-10-2009   #45
K.Rhodes25
Rookie

Quote:

He really doesn't go in man to man coverage, hes a great blitzer. He had one of the most TFL last year at safety. His best is when he would blitz and drop into coverage, when you have to watch where he is. Hes great at jumping routes and has a lot of range out at safety.
From what I know about the defense is a lot of movement and freedom, just like the Ravens were as that was Rex's defensive scheme.

About the Titans, I know they are a good team. I just always feel like were going to beat them, we match them pretty well. Last year they couldn't run on us, Kris Jenkins owned Kevin Mawae and whoever else they had in the inside.

And our inside of our OL owned their DT, and took Haynesworth out of the game basically besides one play where he got a sack lining up in a different spot.
K.Rhodes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #46
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He really doesn't go in man to man coverage, hes a great blitzer. He had one of the most TFL last year at safety. His best is when he would blitz and drop into coverage, when you have to watch where he is. Hes great at jumping routes and has a lot of range out at safety.
From what I know about the defense is a lot of movement and freedom, just like the Ravens were as that was Rex's defensive scheme.

About the Titans, I know they are a good team. I just always feel like were going to beat them, we match them pretty well. Last year they couldn't run on us, Kris Jenkins owned Kevin Mawae and whoever else they had in the inside.

And our inside of our OL owned their DT, and took Haynesworth out of the game basically besides one play where he got a sack lining up in a different spot.
So, with Ryans blitzing schemes and Rhodes being a great blitzer, we could certainly might expect to see Rhodes crashing the line in an effort to take down Schaub. That is certainly not something we want to see on Sunday. The Texans are going to need to keep a close eye on this guy, or he sounds like he could be trouble.
Old 09-10-2009   #47
K.Rhodes25
Rookie

Quote:
So, with Ryans blitzing schemes and Rhodes being a great blitzer, we could certainly might expect to see Rhodes crashing the line in an effort to take down Schaub. That is certainly not something we want to see on Sunday. The Texans are going to need to keep a close eye on this guy, or he sounds like he could be trouble.
Yeah he was given the green light to blitz whenever he wants, if he sees something hes allowed to come in. You have to watch out for him as he times his blitz so well and is so fast into the backfield.
The Jets are going to need to be creative in their defense to get pressure with Ellis and Pace out, I think we will blitz David Harris at a good amount, hes like a DE at pass rushing something that surprised the coaching staff when he was a rookie, last year he was injured so his numbers dropped. But he is healthy right now and looks primed for a big year.

So the guys to keep an eye out for are Kris Jenkins, Bart Scott, David Harris, Darrelle Revis, and Kerry Rhodes. Those are our better players on the field.
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2009   #48
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah he was given the green light to blitz whenever he wants, if he sees something hes allowed to come in. You have to watch out for him as he times his blitz so well and is so fast into the backfield.
The Jets are going to need to be creative in their defense to get pressure with Ellis and Pace out, I think we will blitz David Harris at a good amount, hes like a DE at pass rushing something that surprised the coaching staff when he was a rookie, last year he was injured so his numbers dropped. But he is healthy right now and looks primed for a big year.

So the guys to keep an eye out for are Kris Jenkins, Bart Scott, David Harris, Darrelle Revis, and Kerry Rhodes. Those are our better players on the field.
That sounds pretty stout up through the middle of the field. But do you guys have any defensive ends that you have any confidence can bring a consistent pass rush?
Old 09-10-2009   #49
K.Rhodes25
Rookie

Quote:
That sounds pretty stout up through the middle of the field. But do you guys have any defensive ends that you have any confidence can bring a consistent pass rush?
No, with Shaun Ellis out no... He had 8 sacks last year and brought nice pressure, he is a big loss. I liked what I saw out of Vernon Gholston during preseason at DE pass rushing, hes improved from last year. But you guys only have to run at him because he looks bad against the run still. But he has a explosive first step and is very strong, just needs to be consistent. Last year he showed nothing.
Bryan Thomas can have a very good game, he looked good this preseason. He has talent but was lazy, I am hoping with the new attitude on defene he plays harder.
Old 09-10-2009   #50
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jets Defense has never met a Mother *********Ing Offense like ours!
Old 09-10-2009   #51
K.Rhodes25
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
Jets Defense has never met a Mother *********Ing Offense like ours!
2007 Patriots......... Schaub is no Tom Brady....
Old 09-10-2009   #52
Dimitri_0515
Rookie

Quote:
2007 Patriots......... Schaub is no Tom Brady....
I agree no other offense was like that in 07 and that was a rough year.
Old 09-10-2009   #53
Dimitri_0515
Rookie

Mojo in regards to your back in forth talk... I'm sorry but ya can't beat NY/NJ talking junk about each other. We tear each other apart on that board. I love it.
Old 09-11-2009   #54
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Mojo in regards to your back in forth talk... I'm sorry but ya can't beat NY/NJ talking junk about each other. We tear each other apart on that board. I love it.
I have been checking you guys out. I have heard the talk about the tension and the "hatred" on your board, but honestly, I have not seen it. Just a diverse group of fans with a wide range of opinions. You guys seem to get along reasonably well for the most part, at least as far as I have seen. And you have been very hospitable towards me and the other Texan's posters who have visited this week. I get the sense that the New York Jets fans reputation for meanness might be a bit overrated.

In the football section of this board, sometimes certain discussions can get quite heated. People are passionate about their football, so some of that is to be expected. But the real heat around here is generated in the "No Spin Zone" forum of this board, where the heat turns into a blaze and people really let each other know how they feel. Texan's fans are just as passionate and opinionated as anyone from New York.

What really surprises me is how similar the tone of the jetsinsider.com board is to this one. Of course, your board tends to have quite a few more people on it than this one at any given time. And, as has been mention on several occasions, your board has a Hotties forum, and this one does not. But for the sake of maintaining diplomatic relations, I will refrain from prognosticating about who has the more knowledgeable football fans posting on their board. Let's just say there are knowledgeable posters on both boards.
Old 09-11-2009   #55
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

You must have the attitude to win them all to be successful.

Move along, nothing to see here.
Old 09-11-2009   #56
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
I liked what I saw out of Vernon Gholston during preseason at DE pass rushing, hes improved from last year. But you guys only have to run at him because he looks bad against the run still. But he has a explosive first step and is very strong, just needs to be consistent.
Sounds like a Cato June clone, he may fit well in a Tampa 2 style defense.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #57
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're one of the better fans from another team we've gotten around here. NJ beats NY anyday.
Old 09-13-2009   #58
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

It might be of interest to review this thread (the portion about an easy win) with the benefit of hindsight.
Old 09-13-2009   #59
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN radio is giving Sanchez an on air ******* now.
Old 09-13-2009   #60
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
ESPN radio is giving Sanchez an on air ******* now.
He already got one from the Texans passrush

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read