Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2009   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cushing & Sanchez were practically brothers at USC

“When he found out I had been drafted by the Texans, the first thing we realized was that we'd be playing against each other in the first game,” Cushing said. “That's something we immediately started looking forward to as we started to anticipate the matchup.”
“He'll be coming full speed, I know it, off the edge,” Sanchez said. “He's one of those guys on game day (who) you just don't want to get in his way. He's a tough young man.
Cushing and Sanchez were so close in college that their families became close, too.
“His family would come out all the time (from New Jersey) and either stay with my family or get dinner,” Sanchez said. “We lived together for 2½ years.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6611046.html
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing & Sanchez were practically brothers at USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
“When he found out I had been drafted by the Texans, the first thing we realized was that we'd be playing against each other in the first game,” Cushing said. “That's something we immediately started looking forward to as we started to anticipate the matchup.”
“He'll be coming full speed, I know it, off the edge,” Sanchez said. “He's one of those guys on game day (who) you just don't want to get in his way. He's a tough young man.
Cushing and Sanchez were so close in college that their families became close, too.
“His family would come out all the time (from New Jersey) and either stay with my family or get dinner,” Sanchez said. “We lived together for 2½ years.
Hopefully Cushing can give him a nice big hug on the first play of the game
Old 09-10-2009   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

“A lot of his friends from Jersey would come out, and they were pretty funny. He used to have a snake in our apartment. When people would come over and fall asleep, we'd put the snake on them and see how scared they got.”
Oh no Brian, I didn't need to hear that. One of those freaky guys who likes
snakes and keeps them in his home. Not funny, man.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

A snake? HA! That's friggin hilarious!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #5
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Good then Cushing's parents will know where to send flowers and balloons to cheer up Sanchez while he's recooping.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"He's a tough young man"
That's just a weird quote to me. Who refers to their good friend, who is the same age, as "young man"? Seriously, it's just strange.
Old 09-10-2009   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That's just a weird quote to me. Who refers to their good friend, who is the same age, as "young man"? Seriously, it's just strange.
Someone else doin the talking for him? I thought the same thing DB when I saw that. Bet this is media BS, as usual.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2009   #8
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Someone else doin the talking for him? I thought the same thing DB when I saw that. Bet this is media BS, as usual.
It's not just you two, I found it REALLY weird too.

I hope Sanchez sees Cush coming and runs fast the other way....right into Mario.
Old 09-10-2009   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83034 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if they're practically brothers, let's hope Cushing is more like Cain and Sanchez is Abel.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #10
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
All of that is out of the window come sunday until after the game. I hope Cushing takes the attitude that Sanchez is just #6 behind center for the Jets.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read