Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-09-2009   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Inside The NFL on Showtime

It looks like the first episode is on tonight at 9PM if you get Showtime. I haven't watched this since it left HBO, so I was just wondering what yall's thoughts are on this series. I don't even know who's on it now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 138542 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Inside The NFL on Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
It looks like the first episode is on tonight at 9PM if you get Showtime. I haven't watched this since it left HBO, so I was just wondering what yall's thoughts are on this series. I don't even know who's on it now.
Thanks to Stingray, I got the NFL Sunday ticket for essentially half price this season. They also through in Super Fan or Red Zone (I forget) AND they threw in 3 months of free Showtime.. WoooooHoooooooo!!!!
Old 09-09-2009   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, Comcast TV guide says it's on at 8PM tonight, but the online channel lists show it at 9PM. Oops. LOL

I'm going to watch it just because I used to really like it when it was on HBO.

Old 09-09-2009   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 138542 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, Comcast TV guide says it's on at 8PM tonight, but the online channel lists show it at 9PM. Oops. LOL

I'm going to watch it just because I used to really like it when it was on HBO.
I haven't really been able to watch it in a few years now. So, I'm really going to enjoy it!! Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 09-09-2009   #5
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think the show is the same on Showtime and without the original crew. The only new member I like is Simms and he just brings so much more to the cast then anyone besides Collinsworth. Jim Brown is a crappy replacement for Costas and I only watched the show last year since I had a few free months with AT&T Uverse. I now refuse to watch or pay for a crappy poduct that is lame and offers very little these days.
Old 09-09-2009   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 159304 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ironically I guess, I don't get Showtime.

Excellent show though, I haven't seen it since the Jerry Glanville, Cris Collinsworth, Len Dawson days (waaaay back) but it was great then. Definately worth saving for a 2nd viewing..
Old 09-09-2009   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

It was OK. Without any real game action to talk about, it was a tad on the boring side. One of them picked the Texans as a dark horse contender this year, which is no big deal because it seems everyone and their brother is picking the Texans this year. There was a mention or two about Schaub having to stand up and make it happen this year, and we've said that about a billion times so far ourselves.

I think when they have some real games to talk about it'll be a good show. I'll be watching it next Wednesday.

Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2009   #8
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Thanks to Stingray, I got the NFL Sunday ticket for essentially half price this season. They also through in Super Fan or Red Zone (I forget) AND they threw in 3 months of free Showtime.. WoooooHoooooooo!!!!
HOw did you get that? Or is this a secret between you and Stingy??? Come on give up the goods.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #9
notafaker
Rookie

Quote:
It was OK. Without any real game action to talk about, it was a tad on the boring side. One of them picked the Texans as a dark horse contender this year, which is no big deal because it seems everyone and their brother is picking the Texans this year. There was a mention or two about Schaub having to stand up and make it happen this year, and we've said that about a billion times so far ourselves.

I think when they have some real games to talk about it'll be a good show. I'll be watching it next Wednesday.

Yeah I saw that Warren Sapp picked the Texans
notafaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Cowher brings a good voice of reason to the show. Warren Sapp also doesn't back down from his opinion and let Simms bully him like he does Collinsworth.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read