Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2009   #1
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Best NFL Fantasy Team

is Yours Truly according to Yahoo!

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog...fantasy,188174

Read some of the comments after the article, some very good compliments....one said if he could have any team's players at every fantasy position it would be this one, can't say that I'd argue with him!
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #2
indiantexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 37 indiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best NFL Fantasy Team

I have been following this article since the very beginning when they started rating each team beginning with No 32 every day waiting for the Houston Texans to appear. Awesome!!!
indiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #3
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely makes me feel like less of a homer for drafting Slaton, AJ, and Walter.
Old 09-09-2009   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Definitely makes me feel like less of a homer for drafting Slaton, AJ, and Walter.
Yeah, me too.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #5
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

It's almost as if someone from these forums wrote the article:

Quote:
Before you complain that Schaub is a health risk, review the circumstances of each injury. Schaub carries the least deserved injury-prone label in NFL history. If it weren't for late and/or cheap hits by Albert Haynesworth(notes), Drayton Florence(notes) and Jared Allen(notes) all penalized or fined you wouldn't consider Schaub to be so delicate. (The Allen hit was as dirty as it gets. Way late, criminally cheap). Houston's offensive line is an underrated unit, too, but that's residue from the David Carr(notes) years.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I never try to put all my eggs into one basket when it comes to fantasy football. The Raiders game last year absolutely killed me because I had AJ and Slaton starting, and both had very "meh" performances (One of the very few for AJ last year), and it was late enough in the season that it was playoff time. If I'm not mistaken I lost the championship on that game and Deangelo Williams making the Giants his lady in wait.

Moral of the story: It's cool to be a homer but it'll kill you in the end.
Old 09-09-2009   #7
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiantexan View Post
I have been following this article since the very beginning when they started rating each team beginning with No 32 every day waiting for the Houston Texans to appear. Awesome!!!
My buddy has been tracking it since the beginning also and he's a fellow Texans fan. We have been talking about it for a while now making predictions and what not. I was really surprised it wasn't the Saints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
It's almost as if someone from these forums wrote the article:
I was thinking the same thing, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get some of their info here. I get most of my info off of other teams forums.....
Old 09-09-2009   #8
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I never try to put all my eggs into one basket when it comes to fantasy football. The Raiders game last year absolutely killed me because I had AJ and Slaton starting, and both had very "meh" performances (One of the very few for AJ last year), and it was late enough in the season that it was playoff time. If I'm not mistaken I lost the championship on that game and Deangelo Williams making the Giants his lady in wait.

I agree with you for the most part and I was also hurt in the championship game by Slaton and KW against the Raiders. But sitting at the 10th pick in a 10 man league, I stand by the choice of AJ and Slaton. KW was my sleeper and I planned on taking him around the 7th round. I resisted the urge to draft him until he fell to the 9th and it was just the best value I could find. I would never go into a draft with the expectation of drafting all 3 of those guys but that's just how it worked out. I'm hoping KW starts off hot and I can package him for a premiere player.

Anyone want to wager on how long it takes for this thread to get moved to the FF forum to die?
Old 09-09-2009   #9
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post

I had AJ Slaton and Schaub and even our defense in a league coming off of shutting down the Titans the week before... totally killed my season

The moral though is to draft guys from many different teams, it helps having different bye weeks too. If I wasn't a homer I'm not sure I would've know how productive Slaton was gonna be, or even Schaub or a hidden gem like Walter... being a homer can help too
Old 09-09-2009   #10
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I agree with you for the most part and I was also hurt in the championship game by Slaton and KW against the Raiders. But sitting at the 10th pick in a 10 man league, I stand by the choice of AJ and Slaton. KW was my sleeper and I planned on taking him around the 7th round. I resisted the urge to draft him until he fell to the 9th and it was just the best value I could find. I would never go into a draft with the expectation of drafting all 3 of those guys but that's just how it worked out. I'm hoping KW starts off hot and I can package him for a premiere player.

Anyone want to wager on how long it takes for this thread to get moved to the FF forum to die?
I was going to put it there or the NFL thread but its directly Texans related so I figured here...
Old 09-10-2009   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting.... Does anyone else find it funny that most of our high picks are spent on interior play, yet our skill positions guys are actually getting some recognition? We've wasted countless first rounders on interior DL, but we've hit jackpots with Kevin Walter, Steve Slaton, Owen Daniels, etc

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read