Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2009   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Horrible news for the Jets game!!

The newly updated depth chart has Deljuan Robinson as the backup behind Okoye and has Cody starting at NT with Okam as his backup.

Against all reason and beyond comprehension, Deljuan Robinson has lost his battle to start at DT. Not only will our best run stuffing DT be watching Okoye and Cody from the bench against a run-dominate team, but I'm having a hard time resolving how this decision doesn't prove that our coaching staff doesn't know what it's looking at!

Kubiak clearly has no understanding of interior line play:
1. he thinks Casey Studdard should be starting
2. Deljuan sits on the bench in favor of guys like Okoye, Okam, Cody.

someone talk me off the cliff please!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #2
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Horrible news for the Jets game!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
The newly updated depth chart has Deljuan Robinson as the backup behind Okoye and has Cody starting at NT with Okam as his backup.

Against all reason and beyond comprehension, Deljuan Robinson has lost his battle to start at DT. Not only will our best run stuffing DT be watching Okoye and Cody from the bench against a run-dominate team, but I'm having a hard time resolving how this decision doesn't prove that our coaching staff doesn't know what it's looking at!

Robinson is a good player, but he's not exactly a pro bowler.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:

Since we have more line coaches than any other team in the NFL, you think Kubiak is the guy making these decisions? I understand that he's the guy on the hook when things don't work out, but I'm willing to bet Alex Gibbs had a great deal of say in where the OL guys are positioned, and I'd be willing to bet Kollar has a great deal of say in where the DL guys are. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I get the feeling that's the case.

Also, where did you hear that Kubiak thinks Studdard should be starting? Pitts is clearly the guy at that position. Unless you're referring to some motivational coachspeak I missed.
Old 09-09-2009   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Titles like this should be banned
Old 09-09-2009   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

JUMP!

Hm... Ill wait until after the game to pass judgement on his ability to get the best possible players on the field.
Old 09-09-2009   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
The Seawall works better.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #7
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Since we have more line coaches than any other team in the NFL, you think Kubiak is the guy making these decisions? I understand that he's the guy on the hook when things don't work out, but I'm willing to bet Alex Gibbs had a great deal of say in where the OL guys are positioned, and I'd be willing to bet Kollar has a great deal of say in where the DL guys are. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I get the feeling that's the case.
Granted, but it is Kubiak's opinion I hear when he raves about Studdard and he says that Robinson is in a battle with Okam. Give me a freakin' break on both counts! Besides, as a head coach, you don't allow your assistants to make assinine decisions that have a negative affect on the team. You would have to be a football novice not to realize that Studdard is a below par backup guard and that Robinson should be playing most of the game against a run dominate team.
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2009   #8
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

Also, where did you hear that Kubiak thinks Studdard should be starting? Pitts is clearly the guy at that position. Unless you're referring to some motivational coachspeak I missed.
Perhaps I am being too optimistic about this, but I keep expecting Frank Okam to step up and take over the NT job as the starter once and for all. On paper, he is exactly what you want at that position. Well, he will get to play a lot on Sunday, so maybe we will see that happen over the next few weeks. But of course, Okam will have to earn it.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #9
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
Robinson is a good player, but he's not exactly a pro bowler.
Exactly, can we please have a good player starting on the interior DLine? I actually like Cody as a guy in rotation but he clearly isn't the NT that Robinson is.
Old 09-09-2009   #10
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
Perhaps I am being too optimistic about this, but I keep expecting Frank Okam to step up and take over the NT job as the starter once and for all. On paper, he is exactly what you want at that position. Well he will play a lot on Sunday, so maybe we will still see that happen over the next few weeks. But of course, Okam will have to earn it.
Just because Robinson isn't from Texas doesn't make him less qualified. The guy is strong and his weight, which is very functional, is over 320 lbs now. And, he doesn't take plays off, he doesn't get washed by linemen, and he's usually in the backfield in the vacinity of the POA.
Old 09-09-2009   #11
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Cody might be the starter, but then again I am pretty sure we'll see a lot of rotating with the DL this year.

No reason to jump off the proverbial cliff.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

if this is enough to send you off the cliff, I quesiton your fanhood, because as Texans fans, we've endured way, way, way, etc, way worse
Old 09-09-2009   #13
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Shut up with the horible news flash Get off the couch and get to the game
Old 09-09-2009   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Granted, but it is Kubiak's opinion I hear when he raves about Studdard and he says that Robinson is in a battle with Okam. Give me a freakin' break on both counts! Besides, as a head coach, you don't allow your assistants to make assinine decisions that have a negative affect on the team. You would have to be a football novice not to realize that Studdard is a below par backup guard and that Robinson should be playing most of the game against a run dominate team.
That should be the position coach and the DC making that decision with Kubiak basically signing off on it. That should not be Kubiak's decision.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #15
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Cody might be the starter, but then again I am pretty sure we'll see a lot of rotating with the DL this year.

No reason to jump off the proverbial cliff.
Okay, I'm going to chill out. I just saw that the depth chart is "unofficial". So, I'm going to attempt to operate under the assumption that the coaching staff does know what it is doing and that Robinson will get the majority of snaps at one of the two DT positions against the Jets... He can sit against Arizona, but he'd better be playing a lot these first 2 weeks.
Old 09-09-2009   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Good grief! All our DT's are average and interchangeable. Not one of them has taken advantage of the preseason to better their position. Plus, who cares who starts? They're all going to be rotating throughout the game anyway. Geez
Old 09-09-2009   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Robinson is clearly our best, most disruptive interior lineman and why this change has been made I do not know. I'm not worried about it though because he'll get his snaps in there and the guy who can play will look better than the guy who still gets a pass because he hasn't started shaving yet.

That the Texans are putting Robinson behind Okoye on the depth chart should not come as a surprise to us. Your draft slot and your paycheck (earned or not) have always determined who was a starter here. I want to see how long Okoye can keep Robinson on the bench behind him. I'm thinking it won't be long.
Old 09-09-2009   #18
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Shut up with the horible news flash Get off the couch and get to the game
Umm, I'm in Austin. I will wake up at 4:30 am after working until midnight. I'll pack up the car, pickup Barrett, drive to Houston and arrive at the stadium at 8:00 am. We'll tailgate and talk football for 3 hours. I will walk into the stadium and to my seats at least 30 minutes before kickoff. I will remain in, or near my seats throughout the game and cheer vigorously enough to get a couple funny looks and probably a shoulder tap or two. Then, I'll head back to Austin and arrive around 8pm.

I've been making that trip since 2002. Is that good enough for you?
Old 09-09-2009   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Good grief! All our DT's are average and interchangeable. Not one of them has taken advantage of the preseason to better their position. Plus, who cares who starts? They're all going to be rotating throughout the game anyway. Geez
yep. Sad, but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Robinson is clearly our best, most disruptive interior lineman and why this change has been made I do not know. I'm not worried about it though because he'll get his snaps in there and the guy who can play will look better than the guy who still gets a pass because he hasn't started shaving yet.

That the Texans are putting Robinson behind Okoye on the depth chart should not come as a surprise to us. Your draft slot and your paycheck (earned or not) have always determined who was a starter here. I want to see how long Okoye can keep Robinson on the bench behind him. I'm thinking it won't be long.
I think you're right. To be honest, I look forward to the day when I pop into the forum and see the trade thread and where Okoye gets sent. I'm just not impressed with the guy, never have been, and think the pick was stupid for a team that does not have the depth to use the time and space for project players from the first round.
Old 09-09-2009   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Umm, I'm in Austin. I will wake up at 4:30 am after working until midnight. I'll pack up the car, pickup Barrett, drive to Houston and arrive at the stadium at 8:00 am. We'll tailgate and talk football for 3 hours. I will walk into the stadium and to my seats at least 30 minutes before kickoff. I will remain in, or near my seats throughout the game and cheer vigorously enough to get a couple funny looks and probably a shoulder tap or two. Then, I'll head back to Austin and arrive around 8pm.

I've been making that trip since 2002. Is that good enough for you?
Sounds like somebody just got offered a big steaming hot cup of STFU.

In a nice way of course.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read