Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2009   #1
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default OMG, excited!

I just realized that the season starts tomorrow.
Not in 8 months, not in 4... in one day... TOMORROW.

Yes I'm excited!
Old 09-09-2009   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OMG, excited!

Here's to the Steelers...never figured I'd ever pull for the Steelers back in the 70's.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

hells yes
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Here's to the Steelers...never figured I'd ever pull for the Steelers back in the 70's.
Against a Bud Adams team no less.
Old 09-09-2009   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup, tomorrow I'm waving my terrible towl. Go Steelers. I hope we get to see VY play
Old 09-09-2009   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Against a Bud Adams team no less.
No doubt..
Old 09-09-2009   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

In the immortal words of Forrest Gump.

"That's all i have to say about that."
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2009   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I still really can't. I'm only doing this because it helps The Texans but I will still feel kinda gross about it.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #9
tylercoltsfan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 tylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya the day I thought I would cheer for the Steelers haha... Cant stand them, but I am really rooting for them tomorrow.... I want the titans to fail this year big time.... They are so over rated.... No matter what the Colts do, win at least 12 games for the last 7 years... they are always over looked.... and the Titans are the team that will win the division. Last year I honestly think they got super lucky.. They should have lost alot of games but it doesnt matter. Last year was last year. I hope they start the season off with a fresh 0-1.
tylercoltsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #10
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Got lendale and fast willie going on fantasy
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #11
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercoltsfan View Post
ya the day i thought i would cheer for the steelers haha... Cant stand them, but i am really rooting for them tomorrow.... I want the titans to fail this year big time.... They are so over rated.... No matter what the colts do, win at least 12 games for the last 7 years... They are always over looked.... And the titans are the team that will win the division. Last year i honestly think they got super lucky.. They should have lost alot of games but it doesnt matter. Last year was last year. I hope they start the season off with a fresh 0-1.
0-2! 0-2!
Old 09-09-2009   #12
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Me either Vinny...the way I think about it, I'm not pulling for the Steelers, I'm rooting against the Titans. I just can't pull for the Steelers.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Football tomorrow, it's noon in Austin and we haven't broken 80 degrees just yet. I love it. The whole season is on our doorstep. Time to break out my chili recipes!

BTW, I'm with B&M, 0-2 is much more acceptable..lol.
Old 09-09-2009   #14
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Football tomorrow, it's noon in Austin and we haven't broken 80 degrees just yet. I love it. The whole season is on our doorstep. Time to break out my chili recipes!
Wow, you're entering the first of three fall weeks ?

Chili recipes, anything you wanna share, I need inspiration for my... veggie chili
Old 09-09-2009   #15
l_j_r
Rookie

... it hadn't quite dawned on my either ...

... i knew that the season started with a game on thursday ... i just can't quite believe that tomorrow is THAT day !!!!! ...

... ... ... ...

l_j_r
l_j_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #16
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #17
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post

Chili recipes, anything you wanna share, I need inspiration for my... veggie chili
Veggie Chili???? Cmon man this is Texas, you cant serve chili without beef in it.

oh yeh about the game thursday. Im going to have to take a long shower after that game. I grew up (as most of you probably did) a Luv Ya Blue Oiler fan. There is not a dirtier feeling than rooting for the Steelers or the Cowboys.

Last edited by mussop; 09-09-2009 at 01:46 PM.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Veggie Chili???? Cmon man this is Texas, you cant serve chili without beef in it.
You have to excuse Malloy, he's in far NE Texas. I think they call it Copenhagen.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #19
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post

I sort of got busted on this one. I cook chili by feel. Lots of beef and peppers from there your guess is as good as mine...lol. Based on what I've seen from the posters here you could start a chili recipe thread and have some of the best chili in the world inside of 24 hours.
Old 09-09-2009   #20
Malloy
Site Contributor

Haha, I know... Veggie Chili... at least Im not asking for Veggie Chili Con Carne recipes

When I lived in TX I ate meat, and alot of it, then I hooked up with a vegetarian and since I do all the cooking at home, I started eating the stuff I made too. It's been 10 years now and the funny thing is, I dont really miss meat at all. I have no problem with people eating it though, that's what critters are for anyway

Actually I found a real interesting substitute for ground beef, a grown mushroom/fungi sold by the name 'Quorn' here in Scandinavia. It's rich in protein, reacts to seasoning real well. Add Ancho chili and Chipotle and most people cant tell the difference. I actually managed to lure one of the absolutely best chefs here into thinking it was meat

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read