Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2009   #1
tylercoltsfan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 tylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans record this year?

Sorry if this was already a thread.... I have not been here in a LOOOONG time.... I was just curious what some of you think the end record will be.... looking around this site, alot of you seem to think you wont do that good which dissapoints me because as a Colts fan I think the Texans have a good shot at competing for the title this year.... The Texans started off slow last year and finished pretty strong other then losing a couple weak games like to the Raiders.... However none the less if the Texans had won eve just 2 games last year at the start (which they should have against the Colts) They would have been 10-6 which is where I see them going this year.... I dont quite see them winning the division but to be honest I can see them having a better record then the Titans and Kitties.....

Dont worry the Steelers and Colts will help you out.... After the Steelers smash the Tits and the Colts pound the kitties.... hopefully the texans can pick up a win.... It would be sweet to see the Colts and Texans fighting for the divsion.... rather then the Titans who I think are way over rated and will most likely go 10-6 at best this year.
Anyway good luck to you guys this year.
tylercoltsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009   #2
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33472 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans record this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercoltsfan View Post
Dont worry the Steelers and Colts will help you out.... After the Steelers smash the Tits and the Colts pound the kitties.... hopefully the texans can pick up a win.... It would be sweet to see the Colts and Texans fighting for the divsion.... rather then the Titans who I think are way over rated and will most likely go 10-6 at best this year.
Anyway good luck to you guys this year.
I would be surprised/disappointed if the Titans pulled out a 10-6 season. I think it'll be the Texans and Colts probably fighting it out for the division. I would be surprised if 11-5 didn't win the division this year...most of the teams are either in a descendancy this year (Colts and Titans) or struggling to prove their supporters right (Jags and Texans).

I can see us pulling off a 10-6 record, and going all out for the division, getting pipped at the post by Indy, and missing out on a wildcard spot. It'll still be a 'moral victory' season though! We're good at them!

Old 09-08-2009   #3
tylercoltsfan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 tylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I totally agree with you however I think in order to win the division a 12-4 will still have to be the number to win.... I could be wrong (obviously lol) but every year people think the Colts are destined to decline.... and every year whether it looks ugly or pretty they pull off at least twelve wins. Peyton Manning struggled at the beginning of last year coming off his surgery.... This year in pre season he looked like his old self and wont struggle coming into the season.... not to mention with the help of Donald Brown, and a healthy O line beefed up... there is no reason for the Colts not to have at least 12 wins...

Same can be said with the Texans... You can never count out the Matt to Andre connection... as well as the Texans running game should be pretty good this year (highly under rated) The only thing that will prevent the Texans from a nice 10-6, 11-5, 12-4 record is if matt schaub hurts himself again or something prevents him from playing for a few weeks... Other wise it will be a dog fight for that division.
tylercoltsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #4
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

My prediction is we go 10-6 (2-4) and are in the running for a playoff spot but 3rd in the Division.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #5
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We Will Be 2 and 0 against the Dolts and 14 and 0 against the rest of the field
Old 09-09-2009   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we have ten wins in us. But we won't make the playoffs.
Indy, Tenn., Pitts., and Balt. will win 11 or more. S.D. and N.E. will win their divisions with 9 and 10 wins, respectively. We'll get our first winning record, 10-6. But it'll be a bittersweet accomplishment.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I'm voting 10-6, 60% chance at playoffs.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2009   #8
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

NJ-W
@Tenn-L
JAX-W
Oak-W
@Ariz-L
@Cincy-W
San Fran-W
@Bufallo-W
@Indy-L
Tenn-W
Indy-L
@JAX-W
Sea-L
@St Louis-W
@Miami-W
NE-L

10-6

Maybe getting one of the Colts games.

imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Our New England game will be shown on NBC. I'm calling it. Therefore, we'll still be in the playoff hunt around that time. I hope.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #10
notafaker
Rookie

I'm going with 8-8 until they don't do it again.
notafaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #11
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by notafaker View Post
After being overly optimistic after the draft, I have now come back to earth and I believe that you just may be right..
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by notafaker View Post
Not bad, can't say I would disagree with any enthusiasm here. I do think we are certainly capable of winning more than eight, but we were last year also. This year we are a better team with an easier schedule. Hopefully that means we finally break the 8-8 barrier with 9 or more wins. Hell, who knows?

The Texans will win between 3 and 13 games this year. Mark my words on that. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #13
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

11-5 (4-2) and we win the division

Tennessee and Indy both win between 9 and 10 games.

for the record, I've never predicted the Texans would win the division before.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

19-0

/Thread
Old 09-09-2009   #15
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
19-0

/Thread
That pairs very nicely with our 19-10.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm on record for 9-7, so I guess I'll stick with that.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #17
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with 10-6 this year. The last two years, there was always two games that we should have won if we had just closed the deal.
Old 09-09-2009   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by notafaker
That would be a fantastic 8-8 though, I bet.

I think, given the schedule, that 9-7 is about equivalent to 8-8 last year. I'm not making a prediction, but anything under 10-6 should be very disappointing to the entire oraganization - from the owner through the coaches and front office and down to the players.
Old 09-09-2009   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post

I think, given the schedule, that 9-7 is about equivalent to 8-8 last year. I'm not making a prediction, but anything under 10-6 should be very disappointing to the entire oraganization - from the owner through the coaches and front office and down to the players.
If they can play some legit D they have a shot. If not, we are stuck in .500ville, plus or minus a game. We can always hope that the Pats have nothing to play for at the end of the year and we can get our usual end of season winning streak playing teams that are resting for the playoffs. Somewhere I read that the Texans were the best team in the league when nothing is on the line.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #20
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post

That's how I feel. It would be nice to go 12-4 or better, but until this team can be consistent, I don't see us going over 8-8.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read