Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2009   #1
Dimitri_0515
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jets Win!! (yeah right)

Hi guys, huge Jet fan here. I've been referred by MojoMan on this board. Football season is finally here and I'm excited. Big game between the Jets and Texans as it will determine where both teams stand.

Two players that the Texans have that scare the hell out of me are none other than Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton. AJ is just a beast but if Revis can hold him to 60-80 yards that will be an accomplishment which I believe he can. The Jets run D has been fantastic and it looks like they'll be able to contain Slaton unless he breaks one to the house.

Texans D hasn't really impressed me in the preseason, then again it's the preseason. But I'm looking for the Texans to compete this year (10-6, 11-5 would not surprise me).

Texans have some young talent and it looks like they're on their way up in this league, just not against the Jets this Sunday . Flame on!
Dimitri_0515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009   #2
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jets Win!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
Hi guys, huge Jet fan here. I've been referred by MojoMan on this board. Football season is finally here and I'm excited. Big game between the Jets and Texans as it will determine where both teams stand.

Two players that the Texans have that scare the hell out of me are none other than Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton. AJ is just a beast but if Revis can hold him to 60-80 yards that will be an accomplishment which I believe he can. The Jets run D has been fantastic and it looks like they'll be able to contain Slaton unless he breaks one to the house.

Texans D hasn't really impressed me in the preseason, then again it's the preseason. But I'm looking for the Texans to compete this year (10-6, 11-5 would not surprise me).

Texans have some young talent and it looks like they're on their way up in this league, just not against the Jets this Sunday . Flame on!
How adorable, your first post.

I've got a couple problems here:

If you're a Jets fan what interest do you have posting on a Texans board other than to troll with thread titles like "Jets Win!!"

How will week 1 determine where these teams stand? Super Bowl winners lose in week 1 all the time.

And flame on? No. Just, no.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

welcome aboard

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009   #4
Dimitri_0515
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respectedDimitri_0515 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
How adorable, your first post.

I've got a couple problems here:

If you're a Jets fan what interest do you have posting on a Texans board other than to troll with thread titles like "Jets Win!!"

How will week 1 determine where these teams stand? Super Bowl winners lose in week 1 all the time.

And flame on? No. Just, no.
Thanks for for being a good sport. I'll make sure I'll extend the same courtesy to your guy when he comes back to our site.
Old 09-08-2009   #5
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Dirty Sanchez gets a big time intro into NFL football by throwing 2 picks and taking 5 sacks.
Texans win 38-14
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Most NFL fans are aware of what a beast AJ is, but few people realize how deep the Texans are at receiver. Kevin Walter is the perfect complimentary receiver to AJ. He's a willing blocker in the run game, a very good route runner, and he's faster than most people think. People often forget that Walter caught 8 TD passes last year (the same number as AJ). Behind him we have the other Andre (Andre Davis) who is a burner that stretches the field, and is also a dangerous return man. Then there is David Anderson who is the ideal slot receiver. Some compare him to Wes Welker, but I wouldn't go that far. He, too, is a willing blocker, and he has a knack for getting open. Then we get to Jacoby Jones who can be electrifying as a return man for both good and bad reasons. He has the ability to take it to the house, and he's also fumbled more than a few punts. He's got the size and speed you want in a receiver but last year he didn't show much in that area. He has seemed to mature more since last season, but whether or not that translates to the field is yet to be determined. However, he did have a fantastic showing against the Bucs in the final preseason game. Hopefully that is a sign of things to come.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You are correct in saying our D has been less than impressive. I think our offense can move the ball against anyone. However, I haven't a clue what we're going to see from our D. If I were to guess after our defensive performance during the preseason, I'd say Jones and Washington will both have a very good day at the office. We're likely starting 2 players who saw zero time during the preseason, so who knows?

That's why they play the games.
Sponsored links
Old 09-08-2009   #8
Dimitri_0515
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Dirty Sanchez gets a big time intro into NFL football by throwing 2 picks and taking 5 sacks.
Texans win 38-14
Ooof, a little harsh don't you think? I know, I know Sanchez is a rookie, and his receivers are pretty much pee wee level receivers. Will he go out there and light it up throwing 4 TD's? No absolutely not, but I do think he'll make good decisions throw a pick and maybe a TD that's good enough for me.

Like I said the Texans still scare me, they've upgraded tremendously and it will be a great game.
Old 09-08-2009   #9
CTWade
Quack Attack

Rep Power: 15 CTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Thanks for for being a good sport. I'll make sure I'll extend the same courtesy to your guy when he comes back to our site.
Ah, don't mind him. He has come down from New York only recently and the good ole Texan hospitality hasn't had time to rub off the sharp edges yet.

Anyway, yer right. Jets win! Because they are playing the Texans.
CTWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009   #10
Dimitri_0515
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
You are correct in saying our D has been less than impressive. I think our offense can move the ball against anyone. However, I haven't a clue what we're going to see from our D. If I were to guess after our defensive performance during the preseason, I'd say Jones and Washington will both have a very good day at the office. We're likely starting 2 players who saw zero time during the preseason, so who knows?

That's why they play the games.
Don't get me wrong they have a few playmakers on D, Mario Williams will kill someone, Cushing looks promising and if Dunta Robinson had made training camp they would be better. I haven't really seen anything out Okoye though.
Old 09-08-2009   #11
Dimitri_0515
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTWade View Post
Ah, don't mind him. He has come down from New York only recently and the good ole Texan hospitality hasn't had time to rub off the sharp edges yet.

Anyway, yer right. Jets win! Because they are playing the Texans.
LOL, it will be a tough game for both teams, after this game I will be rooting for the Texans though.
Old 09-08-2009   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Predicting the Texans is like predicting the weather. It's only done because people feel the need and it's wrong a lot.

I say the Texans will win their home opener only because I don't want to be on this board next week if they don't. There's no telling what kind of "Fire <insert name here>" threads will pop up if they lose. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009   #13
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
I haven't really seen anything out Okoye though.
You and us both.

Welcome aboard.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't get me wrong they have a few playmakers on D, Mario Williams will kill someone, Cushing looks promising and if Dunta Robinson had made training camp they would be better. I haven't really seen anything out Okoye though.
Well, that might be because he hasn't done anything. Believe me when I say, he's been one of the most talked about players on the board for the past month.....not in a good way. He's probably the primary reason we have seen a subpar performance against the run this preseason.
Old 09-08-2009   #15
Dimitri_0515
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Well, that might be because he hasn't done anything. Believe me when I say, he's been one of the most talked about players on the board for the past month.....not in a good way. He's probably the primary reason we have seen a subpar performance against the run this preseason.
I remember him being the next big thing. Did he get hurt over the past year or something?
Old 09-08-2009   #16
Ckw

Welcome to the board. You seem friendly enough and m5kwatts did take it a bit too offensively but next time, try another thread title. Rep for not being a douche like some of the other fans of other teams on this board.
Old 09-08-2009   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Welcome to board. Nothing wrong with supporting your team, even if your conclusion is incorrect.
Old 09-08-2009   #18
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

Quote:
I remember him being the next big thing. Did he get hurt over the past year or something?
yes, last year he played hurt but this year we just hope he doesn't hurt us!
Welcome aboard
Texans win 24-10
Old 09-08-2009   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Welcome aboard.

There's a bunch of talk about why Amobi has declined. He started off strong in his rookie season but last year, he was just invisible. He gets pushed off the line of scrimmage a lot. People have said he was injured. But he's looking the same way now.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009   #20
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68426 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome aboard dimitiri. Someone must have put a bur in the saddle of mk5watts. I think you will find that most of the fans here are rabid NFL types, and especially rabid for the Texans. Most are very well versed and while you might get a bit of trash talking, this isn't your normal jr high schoolyard talk. Baisically, you will get as good as you give.

I did want to tell you though that your prediction is wrong. At least according to one "expert" you're little team is starting 0-5. So put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Jet's to start 0-5

2. The New York Jets will start the season 0-5.

What's that? Someone in the media speaking somewhat negatively about Rex Ryan's boys? No flipping way, that's impossible!

Listen, I understand that coach Ryan's personality and media accessibility is a welcome change from the silent treatment Eric Mangini gave New York-area scribes for the past three years, but that doesn't mean everyone needs to trick themselves into thinking this team can survive a brutal September schedule with a rookie quarterback manning the ship.

They won't.

A Week 1 nationally-televised trip to Houston will be anything but a walk in the park, back-to-back home games versus the Patriots and Titans are almost automatic losses and road games in New Orleans and Miami in Weeks 4 and 5 will more than likely feature the Jets as underdogs as well.

Jets fans, I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, here. Really, I'm not. I'm just being a realist.

Your local media's let you down, awed and dazzled by a head coach that looks them in the eye during press conferences and gives them the occasional juicy quote. That might make for good copy. But it doesn't guarantee a good start to what will be nothing short of a gauntlet to start the season.

0-5? For a team that everyone's seemingly really high on in 2009?

Yes, I think so.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read